Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Weekend Box Office (8/24-8/26): Anti-Obama Docu Legitimately Rapes the Competition

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Weekend Box Office (8/24-8/26): Anti-Obama Docu Legitimately Rapes the Competition

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-12, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: Weekend Box Office (8/24-8/26): Anti-Obama Docu Legitimately Rapes the Competitio

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Because we give our entertainment for free just like hot babes who pose nude or do sex videos for free on the net.
Then I guess we're not that smart, are we?
Old 08-27-12, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Weekend Box Office (8/24-8/26): Anti-Obama Docu Legitimately Rapes the Competitio

Originally Posted by orangecrush
Maybe it is because I have been to gamestop 10 times in the last month or so and saw the trailer for it about 30 times, but I thought Premium Rush would have done better.
It's about a guy riding a bicycle in New York.
Old 08-27-12, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
I'd like to see any blogger do a monologue like this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rxzE8x2pnK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In other words, if we on the net are so smart, why aren't any of us rich?

That was brilliant!
Old 08-28-12, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did anyone else see Hit and Run. I thought it was actually a pretty entertaining movie. Much better than I expected.
Old 08-28-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
It's about a guy riding a bicycle in New York.
So it's Run Lola Run, on a Bike in NYC, in Amerrrican?
Old 08-28-12, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dash
Did anyone else see Hit and Run. I thought it was actually a pretty entertaining movie. Much better than I expected.
I saw it on Friday with some friends. It was fun, but nothing great. It had a lazy quality to it that was both appealing and frustrating. Some of the humor, particulary the race stuff, just didn't play. It seemed like they were working off of a first draft, or maybe a lot of it was improvised.

I dug the car chases though, and the actors had an appealing chemistry. Overall I liked it, but don't see myself revisiting it ever.
Old 08-28-12, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PatD
Then I guess we're not that smart, are we?
We reach more people doing it for free.
Old 08-28-12, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Rapes"? Why choose that verb? Thats sooooooo gay.
Old 08-29-12, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

So, I went to see The Apparition today with the wife. I'm a huge horror fan and generally find something positive in just about anything. Not so much with this one. As a lot of reviews said, it felt like a mash-up of quite a few other horror flicks. It really seemed like they took parts of Dark Water, The Ring, The Grudge and added dashes of Insidious and Paranormal Activity into the mix. A really lousy mix.

The only positive things were Ashley Greene (because I freaking dig the shit out of her) and the fact that my wife and I were the only brave souls in the whole theater.