Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers (D: Cameron & Pearn, 2/7/14)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Delicious Voice Cast Storms In To “Cloudy 2: Revenge Of The Leftovers”
Wednesday Aug 22, 2012

CULVER CITY, Calif., August 20, 2012 – The forecast is sunny side up for Sony Pictures Animation as the studio has reassembled the all-star, comedy voice cast of the animated hit Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, set for release in 3D on February 7, 2014. The first Cloudy film took in $243 million worldwide. The sequel is directed by Cody Cameron (whose story artist credits include Shrek, Madagascar, Surf’s Up and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) & Kris Pearn (head of story on Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and story supervisor on Arthur Christmas) and produced by longtime Sony Pictures Animation producer Kirk Bodyfelt.

The lead voice cast from the first film returns, including Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live, Men In Black 3) as inventor Flint Lockwood; Anna Faris (Scary Movie, The House Bunny) as brainy weather girl Sam Sparks; James Caan (The Godfather, Elf) as Flint’s technophobic dad, Tim Lockwood; Andy Samberg (Saturday Night Live, Hotel Transylvania) as Swallow Falls’ local celebrity “Baby” Brent; Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother, The Smurfs) as Steve the gummy bear-loving monkey; and Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order, Miss Congeniality) as Sam’s mild mannered cameraman Manny. In addition, Terry Crews (The Expendables 2) joins the cast to take on the role of Earl, the town cop.

Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers picks up where Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood’s genius is finally being recognized as he’s invited by his idol Chester V (Will Forte of Saturday Night Live) to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester’s right-hand-gal – and one of his greatest inventions – is Barb (Kristen Schaal of Toy Story 3 and 30 Rock), a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick.

Spoiler:
It’s always been Flint’s dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine – which turns water into food – is still operating and is now creating mutant food beasts. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world… again!

Commenting on the announcement, Sony Pictures Digital Productions’ President Bob Osher, said, , “Cloudy was a tremendous hit acclaimed by critics and audiences alike, and we’re thrilled to be bringing everyone back together for Cloudy 2.” Sony Pictures Animation’s President of Production Michelle Raimo Kouyate added, “Not only are we bringing the old gang back, we are introducing some hilarious new characters in a brand new adventure that matches the wit and freshness of the original. We have a great story and we love Cody and Kris's take on the characters and material.”

Columbia Pictures presents a Sony Pictures Animation film, Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers. The film is directed by Cody Cameron & Kris Pearn, produced by Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord & Christopher Miller. Based upon characters from the book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett, the screenplay is written by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein and Erica Rivinoja.
Old 08-23-12, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers (D: Cameron & Pearn, 2/7/14)

I'm in. The first one was great!
Old 08-23-12, 01:55 PM
FM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flint Lockwood!

I needs some more Mr. T.

(D'oh! Apparently he's been replaced by Crews. That sucks. Not that I dislike President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.)
Old 08-23-12, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I loved the first so I'm totally in for a second helping!

Sad about the lack of Mr. T.
Old 08-23-12, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

The first is one of my favorite animated flicks, so I'll see this.
Old 02-27-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

<iframe width="624" height="351" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://movies.yahoo.com/video/cloudy-chance-meatballs-2-trailer-213031855.html?format=embed&player_autoplay=false"></iframe>
Old 02-27-13, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Movie looks like it just wants to have pun, sucks Mr T isn't back but Terry Crews will do

I assume this is all the first 5 minutes of the movie
Old 02-27-13, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts

"There's a leek in the boat!"
Old 07-03-13, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jw6dECrl-BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like absolute shit. Lord and Miller, you're already missed.
Old 07-03-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Lord and Miller, you're already missed.
They weren't involved in this one?
Old 07-03-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They're producing but aren't directing, they went on to do Lego. I agree it doesn't look particularly good but I'm still holding out hope, but the original was a rare mix of funny, creative and full of heart - something of a rarity.

Lord and Miller have an ability to make the creative/quirky seem unforced, they did it in Cloudy and 21 Jump Street and seem to have in Lego. I guess that must be really tough to pull of.

Last edited by RichC2; 07-03-13 at 08:16 AM.