Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of MIB 3?
It was awesome
24.07%
It was good, not great
50.00%
It was just alright
18.52%
Hated it. Thought it sucked
0%
Not a fan of the series
7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-13, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Threa

Meh. It took almost ten years to get #3 rolling.

I really enjoyed #3. Yes, the ending was very satisfying.

I appreciate Sonnenfeld's quick entertaining movies. He has a way of giving us all of this information (including the sci fi elements) really quick, and not lingering on anything too long. Some people don't like this. I like seeing on every few years. I guess that I can say that he makes really good, empty movies.
Old 05-03-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,063 Posts
Re: Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Threa

Finally got around to seeing this a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it a lot more than MIB2 which was so bad that it took me this long to see part 3.

One question:
Once K was eliminated in the present and ceased to exist why was J still a member of MIB? considering it was K who recruited him in part 1 shouldn't J have still been NYPD? When K disappeared I half expected J to go to work the next morning and have no one recognize him.
Old 05-03-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
One question:
Once K was eliminated in the present and ceased to exist why was J still a member of MIB? considering it was K who recruited him in part 1 shouldn't J have still been NYPD? When K disappeared I half expected J to go to work the next morning and have no one recognize him.
He was probably just recruited by another MIB member.
Old 05-03-13, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts

It's kind of like how time shift was handled in the movie Frequency.

Everything around the person affected (J) changes, while he retains all of his memories.
Old 05-03-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
One question: Once K was eliminated in the present and ceased to exist why was J still a member of MIB? considering it was K who recruited him in part 1 shouldn't J have still been NYPD? When K disappeared I half expected J to go to work the next morning and have no one recognize him.
I thought he was an anomaly. I remember the chocolate milk fixation. I think something was explained there. It's not like everyone in the world felt the change and stayed conscious about everything. Just J, for whatever reason.
Old 11-14-20, 07:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
Re: Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Thread

this movie was so much fun and more fun then it had any right to be. i really had a blast from start to finish. i'm kicking myself for putting it off so long. just pure, mindless fun, with a dash of heart. Stuhlbarg was great, as was Brolin, of course, but really liked Stuhlbarg's Griffin character. liked everything about this actually. solid fun, solid action. i'm glad this did well overall with WW take. truly a blast.

Old 11-14-20, 07:36 PM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Re: Men in Black 3 -- (2012, D: Sonnenfeld, S: Smith, Jones, Brolin) -- Reviews Thread

But was it fun?
Old 11-14-20, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

It was until his daddy took his T Bird away.
Old 11-14-20, 08:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by story
But was it fun?
a whole lotta!