Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

THE POSSESSION (2012) (dir. Ole Bornedal) (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgwick)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<object width="690" height="388"><param name="movie" value="http://ictv-bd-ec.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4fb3cd93ced69/10/0/defaultPlayer%5Eplayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://ictv-bd-ec.indieclicktv.com/player/embed/b51134344b4b64572c52606f9e8f148c/4fb3cd93ced69/10/0/defaultPlayer%5Eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="690" height="388"></embed></object>

The film, “is the terrifying story of how one family must unite in order to survive the wrath of an unspeakable evil. Clyde (Morgan) and Stephanie Brenek (Sedgwick) see little cause for alarm when their youngest daughter Em becomes oddly obsessed with an antique wooden box she purchased at a yard sale. But as Em’s behavior becomes increasingly erratic, the couple fears the presence of a malevolent force in their midst, only to discover that the box was built to contain a dibbuk, a dislocated spirit that inhabits and ultimately devours its human host.”
Old 05-17-12, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: THE POSSESSION (2012) (dir. Ole Bornedal) (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgwick)

Looks pretty good.
Old 05-17-12, 12:47 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: THE POSSESSION (2012) (dir. Ole Bornedal) (Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgwick)

Was iffy on this until the more serious shit started happening. I'm interested in this...also..by the look of some of the stuff done must've been a fun set to work on.
Old 05-20-12, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts

Looks pretty freaky...cool music too
Old 09-12-12, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Saw this today. Meh. It was alright. The cast was pretty solid at least.
Old 09-20-12, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I (foolishly) saw this last night. I went with my buddy because we'd both read that it was pretty good, had some decent scares.

Whoever said that clearly knows nothing of horror. This was a textbook example of why American horror almost unanimously sucks. Zero creativity.

The cast was decent, with Morgan providing the best performance. The kids were fine, nothing spectacular.

You know your film is in bad shape when the best performance comes from Matisyahu.

The editor should have his hands broken. Easily some of the choppiest, most disjointed edit work I've seen in a theatrical feature in a long time.

Scares? Not going to find them here. When they do try for tension, it falls flat. Even the climax - where, you know, we'd expect them to go all-out and try ending on a high note - is so poorly conceived and executed that it only leaves you wanting the credits to roll.