Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kick-Ass 2 happening?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kick-Ass 2 happening?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Kick-Ass 2 happening?

I loved the first film and loved the sequel comic as well. I'm down for this on day one.
Old 05-23-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Ugh, when isn't Millar pumping up one of his properties. Dude has a big mouth and is always jocking something. Whether it's true or not.
Old 05-23-12, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I have to say I only kind of enjoyed the first one but didn't really love it. I'll check the sequel out but it's nothing I'm overly looking forward to or anything.
Old 05-23-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Who gets Gang raped?
Old 05-23-12, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Who gets Gang raped?
If you really want to know from the comic book...

Spoiler:
Red Mist comes back looking to take revenge on Kick Ass, and one of the things he does is he and a bunch of thugs rape Katie. Although the comics didn't end like the movie did; Katie and Kick-Ass aren't together in the comics.

They also murder her father right before raping her.
Old 07-23-12, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Per Moviehole:

Mother Russia will feature in director Jeff Wadlow’s “Kick-Ass 2″ – just as soon as the filmmaker finds the right woman for the job.

The character, like in the comics, will serve as a Bodyguard for Red Mist in the movie. Casting directors are on the hunt for an “extremely tall, large, fit” female of 25 to 40 to play the part. As yet, they’re still unable to settle on an actress for the part.

Agencies have been given the following specs on the character : “Classic Villain. An ex-KBG officer who is now being paid by the week by Chris to fight in his group — she is easily the most skilled and just a ruthless killer in general. Described as a ‘roided-out female bodybuilder, she needs to be extremely physically imposing and muscular, though still come across as feminine. As tall as possible (6ft and over only). Indicate height on submission.”

The Universal release is locked in for a September start in Toronto , before some shooting in London.

Old 07-23-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it would be awesome to at least once in my life to sleep with an “extremely tall, large, fit female".

I would feel just like a male praying mantis.....

Like the insect, I would never expect my head being snapped off upon my climax.

On an unrelated note, I would have preferred to have had Vaughn direct this.

But not at the expense of him not directing the next X-men movie in a reasonable timely fashion.
Old 07-24-12, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Seems like Mother Russia could be a good part for Gwendoline Christie from Game of Thrones.

Old 07-24-12, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andy434343
I think it would be awesome to at least once in my life to sleep with an “extremely tall, large, fit female".

I would feel just like a male praying mantis.....

Like the insect, I would never expect my head being snapped off upon my climax.

On an unrelated note, I would have preferred to have had Vaughn direct this.

But not at the expense of him not directing the next X-men movie in a reasonable timely fashion.
good post. lol

Honesty..w/o Vaughn..this film totally is on the edge of not being in my interest. The trailer will be the one of the last two deciding factors as to whether I'll watch it or not.
Old 07-25-12, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
good post. lol

Honesty..w/o Vaughn..this film totally is on the edge of not being in my interest. The trailer will be the one of the last two deciding factors as to whether I'll watch it or not.
I am sure I will see this, I just don't see myself taking money out of my wallet in order to do so.

Netflix is an option; and even though it is a monthly cost, I don't view that as money out of my wallet.

Come to think of it, I usually don't have money on me. Digital/credit/debit purchases seem to consume my life.

I could watch it on a premium movie channel, but this is the same scenario as Netflix. Still costs me money to see it.

It would be awesome if the Internet somehow could let you get movies you don't want to pay for to see. There has to be a way...

On an unrelated note, thank you for acknowledging my post as good. I try harder than I should with my posts; based on it being an Internet conversation about various topics, with people I don't have any evidence to show are even human.
Old 08-09-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Donald Faison ("Turk" from Scrubs) will be Dr. Gravity in Kick Ass 2, a sidekick of Kick Ass.
Old 08-10-12, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Brown bear!
Old 08-10-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't care who they cast...with Jeff Wadlow directing it's going to suck.
Old 08-20-12, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Jim Carrey Sought for Kick-Ass 2

Though still far from a sure thing, Deadline is reporting that Universal Pictures is attempting to court Jim Carrey, a self-professed fan of Matthew Vaughn's original, for their Kick-Ass 2. He'd play the part of Colonel Stars, a military-themed superhero who founds the super-team Justice Forever.

If he signs on, Carrey will join Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Robert Emms, Yancy Butler and Morris Chestnut in the adaptation of the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic.

The sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Vaughn.

Carrey, who last appeared on the big screen in Mr. Popper's Penguins, is slated to star opposite Steve Carell in the upcoming comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.

(Photo Credit: Ray Filmano / WENN.com)

Source
Old 08-20-12, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

How are they going to get Carrey on the budget set for Kick-Ass 2? It's less than the first film.
Old 08-21-12, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Replace the pay that went to Nic, and give it to Jim.

I can't see the budget for any of the actors in this film to be high. Not that they are not hard workers, just that there are no big wigs here (other than a potential Carrey)...... And I doubt Carrey can demand the high paychecks like in the past.
Old 08-21-12, 12:13 PM
Banned

I dunno. He did that Penguin movie. I'm sure he got paid well. I also think he knows what kind of pay he can get from a certain project. He did do Eternal Sunshine a while back. I highly doubt he asked for a lot on that.
Old 08-21-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed the first one, but I'm really not sure how this is going to turn out. They got the man who did Cry_Wolf? I'm not sure if I would trust a movie like this in his hands. It would be awesome if Matthew Vaughn was returning, but I'm hoping for something decent. As far as Jim Carrey goes, ever since Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind was released, I've held hope for him. That movie proved that he's a good actor, but he picks a lot of crappy movies. Perhaps Kick-Ass will be a good fit for him since his quirkiness might fit the mood here.
Old 08-21-12, 12:53 PM
Banned

Oddly enough Eternal Sunshine was where I actually took him serious as well, as an actor. He's yet to get a role that damn good again.
Old 08-22-12, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,495 Posts

Having read the comic, that seems like kind of an odd role to request Carrey for...
Old 08-22-12, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andy434343
Replace the pay that went to Nic, and give it to Jim.

I can't see the budget for any of the actors in this film to be high. Not that they are not hard workers, just that there are no big wigs here (other than a potential Carrey)...... And I doubt Carrey can demand the high paychecks like in the past.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse has been tweeting that the cast is taking a pay cut to get the film made because they believe in the material. It would suck if the producers brought on a bigger name at a higher rate after the rest of the actors took cuts.
Old 08-22-12, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

It took until Eternal Sunshine for Carrey to be taken seriously? I thought he had the chops since The Truman Show, and Man on the Moon solidified it.

As for Wadlow, I still haven't seen Cry Wolf, but he had another short film which was included on that DVD, which was pretty good. We were doing a 3 day short film challenge and he did a great job of helping everyone along, had a lot of good advice on filmmaking basics for all of our teams. At the outset, he would all of us with out our scripts, and near the end he'd visit each team's base of operations and watch the rough cuts and offer editing advice right down to the final stretch, so I'll show him some support and check this out.
Old 09-03-12, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim Carrey confirmed for 'Kick-Ass 2' by director Jeff Wadlow?

Wadlow tweeted that they have now cast the Colonel, saying: "6 days till we start shooting... and we officially have our Colonel. Alrighty f'n then! @ChloeGMoretz @MintzPlasse @donald_faison #kickass2."
Old 09-03-12, 10:55 AM
Banned

well...this pretty much means I'm going to have to see wtf this will be like.
Old 09-03-12, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Color me shocked and surprised. I'll definitely check out the film now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.