Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Water Diviner (D: Russell Crowe) (S: Crowe, J. Courtney, O. Kurylenko, etc)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-14, 02:42 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After the Battle of Gallipoli, in 1919, an Australian farmer Connor (Russell Crowe) travels to Turkey to find his missing 3 sons.

Comes out in Australia and New Zealand on the 26th of December for this year. WB is going to distribute it here in the US but no release date yet.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JL3WU3fMc1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know very little of that battle or what sparked it. But it has fascinated me due to what stories have come from it.

Also.... Peter Weir did a great film by the name of Gallipoli. You should check that one out cuz it is fucking great. Stars a young Gibson, that one.

Seeing this video below greatly interests me in the film. Hearing what inspired to go for this one. It looks very fucking interesting. I like Crowe and it seems like this is a very ambitious thing for him. I hope the best from it. I always am intrigued when actors go the directorial route and to see what they have retained/developed from their acting work into the imagery of the camera they now control.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/32X2PhMWNdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-21-15, 05:56 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Water Diviner (D: Russell Crowe) (S:Crowe, J. Courtnery, O. Kurylenko, etc)

Guess I'm the only one interested in this thing.

We've a US release date now. 4/24/15.

US trailer:
<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c-hU96CwWHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Solid Snake; 02-21-15 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-15, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: The Water Diviner (D: Russell Crowe) (S:Crowe, J. Courtnery, O. Kurylenko, etc)

Looks like Crowe took inspiration from his 2 heroes Ron Howard & Ridley Scott, with an added sprinkle of Spielberg.
Old 02-22-15, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks interesting. I'll check it out when it hits theaters.

Thanks for posting the trailers...hadn't heard of it before.
Old 04-20-15, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: The Water Diviner (D: Russell Crowe) (S: Crowe, J. Courtney, O. Kurylenko, etc)

Comes out on Friday. Holding strong at 70% on RT.

I've got tickets to a screening tomorrow, leaning towards watching it.
Old 04-22-15, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: The Water Diviner (D: Russell Crowe) (S: Crowe, J. Courtney, O. Kurylenko, etc)

I saw this last night. Eh, not good, nor is it bad. Honestly it felt more like a made for TV movie than a feature film from a major studio with an A-lister leading the way. It's a very slow pace and even though it's a shade under 2 hours, it felt like 3 had passed. That being said, Crowe was very good, there is some great cinematography, and the score is nice.