Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Which Avengers Prequel is Your Favorite ?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Which Avengers Prequel is Your Favorite?
Iron Man
62.50%
Iron Man 2
3.57%
Incredible Hulk
3.57%
Thor
15.18%
Captain America
15.18%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Which Avengers Prequel is Your Favorite ?

Old 04-30-12, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Which Avengers Prequel is Your Favorite ?

Surprised to see Iron Man crushing the competition. I realize how popular it was at this site upon release, but as Supermallet pointed out... there are huge problems with the 1st and 3rd acts. It's certainly not head and shoulders above the other releases.

To be fair, none of the prequel films are great.
Old 04-30-12, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 980 Likes on 811 Posts

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2

haven't seen Incredible Hulk

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Part of me really dislikes referring to these movie as "Avengers prequels." They're all solid movies in their own right.
Agree
Old 04-30-12, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Surprised to see Iron Man crushing the competition. I realize how popular it was at this site upon release, but as Supermallet pointed out... there are huge problems with the 1st and 3rd acts. It's certainly not head and shoulders above the other releases.

To be fair, none of the prequel films are great.
I can't imagine how it would be a surprise to anyone, given how acclaimed the movie was; not just on this site, but everywhere; and the highest rated of all the movies.

I re-watched it yesterday (attempting to rewatch all of them before Friday, probably not going to happen) and still found it immensely entertaining. I have some minor problems with the 3rd act, but none with the 1st at all and nothing that detracts from the film as a whole.

As a side note, it's interesting to see complaints about movies being just a setup for the Avengers. I don't really see any example of that in Captain America, given the movie proceeds pretty much the same way any origin story would have with or without the Avengers. Thor seems more apparent by putting in Hawkeye for really no particular gain, but even that's a fairly minor scene. Iron Man 2 might be the most guilty, depending on how you feel about the way Black Widow was introduced.
Old 04-30-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
What's the proper viewing order in terms of a timeline if there's one?
Iron Man 2 takes place 6 months after the events of the first Iron Man, while Thor and The Incredible Hulk occur sometime during the third act or so of Iron Man 2. Captain America takes place long before any of them, obviously, but ends following the events of the other movies.
Old 04-30-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Iron Man 2

Although all of them are pretty stellar for comic book/superhero movies, which I'm a complete whore for (I liked Catwoman). Also, my rankings are a bit biased based on how much I'm crushing on the lead actors too.
Old 04-30-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 596 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Iron Man 2 takes place 6 months after the events of the first Iron Man, while Thor and The Incredible Hulk occur sometime during the third act or so of Iron Man 2. Captain America takes place long before any of them, obviously, but ends following the events of the other movies.
Somewhere, I'm sure some fan is cutting a chronological cut of all the Avengers prequels.
Old 04-30-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I gotta say, I really enjoyed Incredible Hulk. It was fun.

Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Old 04-30-12, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 192 Likes on 149 Posts

Just to clarify to the poster who objected to terming these as "prequels," I am just using the term in the most generic sense to mean they occurred before the Avengers movie. That's all!
Old 05-01-12, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Which is too bad because (as I voted earlier in this thread) The Incredible Hulk has been my favorite so far.

Maybe Ruffalo's Hulk will be such a crowd pleaser they'll give him his own movie.
Earlier today I ran my interview with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. During the interview, I asked Feige what the status on the next Hulk movie is, and one of the key things he said was that Marvel has "many, many options" with Mark Ruffalo, who plays the character for the first time in The Avengers (which comes out this Friday). But what exactly is the contract that Ruffalo has with the studio? Apparently Collider has received that information.

While speaking with the site, Mark Ruffalo said that he has signed a six-picture deal that will see him playing the character many more times. This is a deal similar to what Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Samuel L. Jackson made when they signed on to play Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and Nick Fury, respectively. Just yesterday there was much speculation about a sequel to 2008's The Incredible Hulk, as the character has been earning a great deal of word-of-mouth in foreign markets where The Avengers has already been released. It is still unknown if the Hulk will be getting his own solo movie again before The Avengers 2.

While it may seem silly, the number of movies that the actor is signed on for is important. The reason Jackson was able to appear in almost every Marvel movie thus far is that he initially signed a nine movie deal. Chris Evans, on the other hand, signed on for six movies, which will likely translate to three Avengers movies and three Captain America movies. But considering that Ruffalo has yet to play Bruce Banner/Hulk in his own solo movie, does that mean the character could cameo in Iron Man 3, Thor 2 or Captain America 2? I certainly wouldn't be against it.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mark-...vel-30711.html