Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Carrie remake (2013, D: Kim Peirce, Chloe Moretz)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Carrie remake (2013, D: Kim Peirce, Chloe Moretz)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 04:13 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Carrie remake (2013, D: Kim Peirce, Chloe Moretz)

Fan made.
Old 04-03-12, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: Carrie remake (2013, D: Kim Peirce, Chloe Moretz

Originally Posted by Groucho
Expect a lot less gratuitous nudity this time around (and a probable PG-13 rating).
Yeah in the locker room & shower scene there was some full frontal from what I can remember.
Old 04-03-12, 04:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
Yeah in the locker room & shower scene there was some full frontal from what I can remember.
In slow-motion no less. The only thing that made it somewhat less creepy is that none of the "high school girls" in that film looked a day younger than 25.
Old 04-03-12, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fan made.
The article I got it from said Kim Pierce made it. I think it's lousy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan made, but I was surprised to read the director did this.
Old 04-03-12, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Link to the article?
Old 04-03-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, sorry about that.

HitFix
Old 04-04-12, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I actually think that's a pretty cool poster. It'd be better if her pupils were on fire, maybe.
Old 04-04-12, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Xander
I actually think that's a pretty cool poster. It'd be better if her pupils were on fire, maybe.
And her ears had smoke coming out of them.
Old 04-04-12, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CharlieK
The article I got it from said Kim Pierce made it. I think it's lousy, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fan made, but I was surprised to read the director did this.
Either you read articles by people who don't know how to write, or you missed something. Kimberly Peirce shared the fanmade poster on her Facebook page. She, too, thought it nifty.
Old 04-04-12, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Either you read articles by people who don't know how to write, or you missed something. Kimberly Peirce shared the fanmade poster on her Facebook page. She, too, thought it nifty.
The former, I guess. Oh well, I'll be sure to be more discerning the next time I repost movie news to an internet forum.

"I'm trying to think of the last time I saw a director making fan posters for their own film before they ever rolled a frame of film, and I'm coming up empty. I mean, Chloe Moretz just started negotiations on the film last week, and yet here we've got a poster that Pierce made that suggests the tone she's hoping to strike with her film."

HitFix
Old 04-04-12, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Drew McWeeny needs to report the news or write movies, because evidently he can't do both.

I'm sure most people wouldn't want to jinx whatever they're working on, or waste time making, fanmade marketing stuff. You have your Thomas Janes who photoshop themselves to look like Jonah Hex, but that's as close to filmmaker-created fanshopping I know of.
Old 04-12-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While looking for info regarding Pacific Rim, I noticed they are also shooting Carrie in Toronto starting in June going through September.

http://www.toronto.ca/tfto/pdf/currentlist.pdf
Old 04-16-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Julianne Moore in Talks to Take Mother Role in CARRIE Remake
Old 04-18-12, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wonder if they can even make a good movie out of this? I think the 1976 version is great, despite being very different from the novel. The novel itself wasn't 'that' good in my opinion and merely okay from what I remember.

The 2002 tv remake tried to follow the structure of the novel and it was awfully boring and stupid in my opinion. The changes made in the 1976 version to the very ending were excellent, while the 2002 version which stayed more faithful to the novel was just dull and laughable.

A similar thing happened with The Shining where all the changes made in the Kubrick version were actually great and became iconic(axe and hedge maze). Meanwhile the tv remake that is more faithful to the novel was lame and laughable with the animal hedge coming to life and the crochet mallet. Those didn't work well on screen and I can see why they changed them for the Kubrick version.

So now I'm more aware than ever, books and film are different mediums and some changes must be made. Since what works on the page may not work on the screen. The two examples above are the perfect example of this, since both original film adaptions were drastically different from the novels and did their own thing with the material, but they worked. Meanwhile the current attempt to be 'faithful' to both novels failed miserably.

So can another attempt at being 'faithful' to the Carrie novel work? I'll probably check it out, but am skeptical at the moment based on how most King adaptions and 'faithful' adaptions go. Also if it's PG-13 and played safe, it'll not work at all and if it's R rated but played 'safe, it won't work either. The story needs an R rating and no sugar coating things. And so far,the 1976 version is the best take on the material.
Old 04-18-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, that's a matter of opinion. I thought the TV remake was 10x better than Kubrick's version of The Shining, which I didn't really care for at all.
Old 04-29-12, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Exclusive: Chloe Moretz Offers a Carrie Update

Already a familiar talent to horror fans for her vampiric turn in Matt Reeves' Let Me In, Chloe Moretz teams with director Tim Burton for the upcoming Dark Shadows and ComingSoon.net had a chance to speak with the young star. We'll have the full interview available soon, but we also got a few details about Moretz's upcoming role as the titular Carrie in Kimberly Peirce's big screen remake.

"I start that June 1st," says Moretz. "...It's going to be very well done. I don't want to jinx it, but [Peirce] is a genius, genius, genius director. I would never do it with someone that I don't trust. I trust her more than a lot of the directors I've worked with. She's the right woman for the job."

Released in 1974, "Carrie" was Stephen King's first published novel and tells the story of a high school girl who, through telekinetic powers, takes revenge on peers that have mocked her. Though Brian De Palma directed a highly-acclaimed film version in 1976, Moretz says that Peirce's take sticks more closely to King's text.

"I'm actually not looking at the original," she says, "even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it. We're kind of going off the book. It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan.' You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."

The role of Margaret White (Carrie's mother) was played by Piper Laurie in De Palma's version, earning the actress an Academy Award nomination. Last week, word broke that Julianne Moore had been offered the part for the new film.

Most intriguing of Moretz's comments about the upcoming project was the hint that her Carrie White would offer a very different look for her, physically.

"It's something that's very different from me," Moretz says of Carrie's wardrobe. "It's an out of body thing. I'm becoming a totally different person for it. I'm letting go of all of my self-esteem issues and just kind of going into it. You have to."

Although shooting won't begin for another month, Moretz and Peirce have already been impressed with the outpouring of fan support and, in particular, the fan-made poster pictured above. Designed by Pierre-Luc Boucher, the teaser was posted to his Deviant Art page and soon found its way to Peirce.

"That was a cool poster!" Moretz laughs. "Kim sent that to me. She said, 'Oh my god, you've got to look at this. It's really, really, really cool!' We both felt so pumped. Now we're chomping at the bit to get in there."

Carrie is scheduled for release on March 15, 2013. Check back for updates as they become available and catch Dark Shadows in theaters on May 11th.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89713
Old 05-11-12, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers) is in negotiations for the role of Sue Snell.
Old 05-11-12, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by argh923
Eh, that's a matter of opinion. I thought the TV remake was 10x better than Kubrick's version of The Shining, which I didn't really care for at all.
I'm not a huge fan of Kubrick's The Shining... but you thought the re-make was 10x better?

Kubrick's version was at least technically brilliant.

I thought the TV version was cheesy and badly acted. Different strokes I guess.
Old 05-13-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's now official:

Official: Julianne Moore to play mom in 'Carrie'
Old 05-13-12, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I think Julianne Moore is perfect for the role...she is a pimp
Old 05-13-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have trouble picturing Moore in the role, since she usually plays soft-spoken, non-domineering types. Although she does have recent experience playing a self-righteous religious nutbag, so I guess she'll do.
Old 05-13-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I have trouble picturing Moore in the role, since she usually plays soft-spoken, non-domineering types. Although she does have recent experience playing a self-righteous religious nutbag, so I guess she'll do.
What, did she play Sarah Palin in a movie?

ETA: Oh, yeah, she did.
Old 05-13-12, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I thought she did just fine as Clarice Starling as well.
Old 05-15-12, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

In slow-motion no less. The only thing that made it somewhat less creepy is that none of the "high school girls" in that film looked a day younger than 25.
Brian De Palma is a great man.
Old 07-05-12, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Set pics

Gabrielle Wilde as Sue Snell

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.