Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtne

It's not like Linda was stretching her acting chops in the first 2 Terminator films. Seems like Emilia Clarke is giving the same performance.
Old 01-29-15, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtne

I didn't think any of the lines in that commercial were that bad at all.
Old 01-29-15, 02:25 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
The imdb forums. If ever there was a place to lose braincells....
Which is worse? YouTube comments or IMDB forums?
Old 01-29-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm not praying it flops because peoples jobs and income are at stake. But I won't be seeing it, mostly for the reason that imdb member posted.
Old 01-29-15, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

I'm still looking forward to this one. Looks way better than the abomination that was Salvation. Terminator movies are all cheese-fests in their own way, and this one looks to embrace it. Also a sucker for time travel twistiness.
Old 01-29-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by The Antipodean
I'm still looking forward to this one. Looks way better than the abomination that was Salvation. Terminator movies are all cheese-fests in their own way, and this one looks to embrace it. Also a sucker for time travel twistiness.
I love Salvation. It's got a Mad Max feel to it.

I love it way more than Terminator 3.

I hope this sequel turns out to be the best one yet.
Old 01-29-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

I had no interest in seeing T3 or T4 in theaters, but I might go see T5 on the big screen. I don't think it will be any good, but it will be a compelling train wreck of a film.
Old 01-30-15, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Well, the poster is an improvement. Still don't hold much hope for this one, other than having a few Lol Arnold scenes. And I might add we don't want this to bomb because the Conan sequel will be scrapped immediately.

Of course, if this is the level of quality we can expect from that one too...maybe it's best if it didn't happen...

Last edited by Artman; 01-30-15 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-30-15, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Artman
Well, the poster is an improvement. Still don't hold much hope for this one, other than having a few Lol Arnold scenes. And I might add we don't want this to bomb because the Conan sequel will be scrapped immediately.
Maybe I might have to support this film if only to see a proper sequel to John Millius' Conan The Barbarian, and a Schwarzenegger starring REH story. Looking forward to King Conan.
Old 03-19-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

'Terminator Genisys' T5 SPOILERS: Schwarzenegger Gives Details On EPIC Fight Scene Between Young Vs. Old T-800!

Last weekend, Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed some exciting details on "Terminator Genisys" to The Arnold Fans, during the Arnold Classic and Sports Festival, in Columbus, O.H.

He gave away some spoilers on one of the most anticipated scenes from "Genisys." A fight between two Schwarzeneggers! An older good Terminator T-800 played by Schwarzenegger as he is now, taking on the young, naked and evil Terminator from the 1984 original movie.

Some background on the two Terminators:

In the original "Terminator" Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) is sent back to protect Sarah Connor from a crazed Schwarzenegger cyborg hell bent on her destruction. The future existence of mankind depends on her survival because her unborn child will become the leader of a resistance in a global battle against the machines.

In the upcoming "Genisys" Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) is sent back to 1984 for the same purpose, but it turns out that this 1984 is very different. A poppa bear Terminator, referred to as "The Guardian," has already taken care of the bad Schwarzenegger.

At the festival, Schwarzenegger revealed that the fight sequence between these two Terminators will be including a scene from the original "Terminator," where the very nude, bad cyborg approaches a group of delinquents and demands they give him clothes.

"The idea is in 1984 when you see me walking across naked to those punks and say, 'Give me your clothes,'... now the scene changes. As I (the young Arnold) say, 'Give me your clothes,' suddenly you hear a voice behind me say, 'You won't need them.' So the Terminator turns around to check out who is that, and all of a sudden he sees himself, which is me the way I look now, and I'm there with a shotgun, and I just blast away at him," explained Schwarzenegger.

The younger Terminator was recreated mostly in CGI, frame-by-frame, Schwarzenegger told The Arnold Fans.

He's also proud of the way he looks in the film.

"I got myself in shape and felt great, the way I looked in the movie. I think it's going to be a great movie with great surprises, none of which you can see in the trailer..." Schwarzenegger said.

Well, even though the trailer doesn't have all the surprises, it is still pretty good.

Check it out below!

"Terminator Genisys" will be out July 1. 2015.

Link
Old 03-19-15, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I hope the stock footage looks better than what we saw in the trailer.
Old 03-19-15, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

As cool as the scene in the trailer and concept of old arnold vs. young arnold is - how would a shotgun destroy a T-800 robot?

I'm looking forward to the flick big time, though.
Old 03-19-15, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
how would a shotgun destroy a T-800 robot?
That's exactly what I thought too. We even see Kyle use a shotgun against the T-800 in the original movie. All it does is knock the Terminator down for a few seconds, and then it gets back up as if nothing had happened.
Old 03-19-15, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
That's exactly what I thought too. We even see Kyle use a shotgun against the T-800 in the original movie. All it does is knock the Terminator down for a few seconds, and then it gets back up as if nothing had happened.
He probably snaps its neck once it has been knocked down. Who knows.
Old 03-19-15, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you guys are thinking about this all wrong. Old Arnold blasts away at young Arnold because that's the best way to destroy OA's face and to limit the amount of time they have to show a CGI render of YA. OA will obviously begin with the shotgun attack and then fight what will quickly become a standard T-800 endoskeleton.

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-19-15 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Maybe the shotgun is just the start and they fight a bit afterwards. I'm sure he's not going to give away the whole scene before the film is out.
Old 03-19-15, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I think you guys are thinking about this all wrong. Old Arnold blasts away at young Arnold because that's the best way to destroy OA's face and to limit the amount of time they have to show a CGI render of YA. OA will obviously begin with the shotgun attack and then fight what will quickly become a standard T-800 endoskeleton.
That's most likely it, exactly. I mean, Arnold shoots at the T-1000 in T2 for similar reasons. You do it either to stun or to slow down. In T2 it was to have time to escape, here it's to stun him long enough to get the advantage.
Old 03-19-15, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds pretty cool to me. I'm curious to see how it all plays out.
Old 03-20-15, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I'll see this but I still think it would have been better if Arnold played a human that the T-800 would eventually be based on.
Old 03-20-15, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
I'll see this but I still think it would have been better if Arnold played a human that the T-800 would eventually be based on.
He already did. It wasn't pretty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayFrIR-Qfw
Old 03-25-15, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It turns out my guess about Matt Smith's role was wrong. I kinda wish I was right because what he really is is really stupid.

Matt Smith’s Secret Role In ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Was Spoiled By A Test Screening

“I F*CKING LOVE BOW TIES!”

Matt Smith (formerly of Doctor Who) has been noticeably absent from trailers and TV spots for this July’s Terminator Genisys. We weren’t sure if that meant his character was minor or if there was a good reason to keep him a secret. It appears to be the latter, as someone who saw a test screening passed a spoiler to Latino Review.

Obviously, stop reading right now if you don’t want a major plot point spoiled for you.

Seriously, spoiler coming. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

Here’s who Smith is playing, according to Latino Review (via The Mary Sue):

Spoiler:
Matt Smith plays the embodiment of Skynet. Similar to Helena Bonham Carter’s role in McG’s Terminator: Salvation, Smith will be the antagonist system given form, different from the nebulous corporate villainy of Terminator 2: Judgement Day and vague apocalypse technophobia of the first.

Normally, I’d say hell no to this, but it’s Matt Smith. Yeah, I can see that. In fact, I can barely see him playing anything other than
Spoiler:
a computer in human form,
and not just because of all the fan fiction I wrote specifically about this. Speaking of which, I need to go write 20,000 words of a Sarah Connor / Daenerys Targaryen mashup story about this awesome poster.

Mother of dragons, wielder of skulls.

Via The Mary Sue

Old 03-25-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Je-sus Christmas. As if the EW photo shoot pics weren't bad enough - seriously, Smith looks like he's about to suck the chrome off a tailpipe - who, or what, his character is sounds so fucking retarded.
Old 03-25-15, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

So...

Spoiler:
They're doing to Skynet what Star Trek did to the Borg by creating the Borg Queen in Star Trek: First Contact? I'm not sure how I feel about that. (And yes, I realize that that started in Salvation, but they're continuing on with it?
Yeesh.
Old 03-25-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Chadm
When I was a kid I always thought that would be the explanation for why there are at least two terminators with the same face. Turns out one of the various expanded universe Terminator novels used that very idea.

Originally Posted by PatD
So...

Spoiler:
They're doing to Skynet what Star Trek did to the Borg by creating the Borg Queen in Star Trek: First Contact? I'm not sure how I feel about that. (And yes, I realize that that started in Salvation, but they're continuing on with it?
Yeesh.
Yeah, that
Spoiler:
sounds stupid. What makes Skynet unique as an antagonist is that it isn't a person, humanoid, or machine in humanoid form, nothing like that. It's a computerized military defense AI gone rogue. Putting it in human form makes it just like Ultron, or an evil Data.
It was really interesting in Harlan Ellison's "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" is that AM (Allied Mastercomputer) actually hates humanity because while it has sentience it's limited in it's capacity, being that it's only a program.

Old 03-25-15, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

It actually makes a lot of sense that
Spoiler:
a computer couldn't quite replicate what a normal human face should look like.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.