Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Divide -- 1/13/12 -- Michael Biehn (Dir: Xavier Gens)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

Director: Xavier Gens (Hitman)
Starring: Michael Biehn, Laura German
Plot: In this post-apocalyptic thriller, nine strangers-all tenants of a New York high rise apartment-escape a nuclear attack by hiding out in the building's bunker-like basement. Trapped for days underground with no hope for rescue, and only unspeakable horrors awaiting them on the other side of the bunker door, the group begins to descend into madness.
Release: Jan. 13th 2012

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hW484grMjSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-13-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Re: The Divide -- 1/13/12 -- Michael Biehn (Dir: Xavier Gens)

That trailer looks full of spoilers and I'm not sure this will be very good but you had me at Michael Biehn and Post Apocalyptic thriller.
Old 10-14-11, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...dunno who the director is..but....looks really cool. Also...Biehn getting all gritty or whatnot?! Fuck yeah. Also..yes..Biehn and Post Apocalyptic thriller had me by the balls.
Old 10-14-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The director did a movie called Frontier(s), but I doubt anyone here remembers that...
Old 10-14-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

^Never heard of it. Perhaps they should have advertised it a bit more. You know, something to really grab our attention.
Old 10-14-11, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wait....looking at his filmography..he did Hitman as well.
Old 08-09-15, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Just saw The Divide - excellent post-apocalyptic thriller. Really intense, and much better than I expected. All of the actors/actresses were excellent, and the story was fantastic. Though, as to be expected it was a real downer & extremely nihilistic...

Especially liked the ending,
Spoiler:
when the female survivor left the others behind & went to the surface in the survival suit, with the canned food....and saw the devastation. Obviously, she would have been any better off staying in the basement...

The film also brought up a couple of questions:

Spoiler:
1) Why did those people in the white survival suits forcibly take the little kid from the basement? And, later, why was this kid - along with others - in those capsules with their heads shaved & their eyes tapes shut? Were they being tested for radiation?! If so, why put them in those capsules?! This was never explained....

2) Who were the people in the white survival suits? Were they Americans, or were they the foreign invaders?!
Old 08-12-15, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDude
Just saw The Divide - excellent post-apocalyptic thriller. Really intense, and much better than I expected. All of the actors/actresses were excellent, and the story was fantastic. Though, as to be expected it was a real downer & extremely nihilistic...

Especially liked the ending,
Spoiler:
when the female survivor left the others behind & went to the surface in the survival suit, with the canned food....and saw the devastation. Obviously, she would have been any better off staying in the basement...

The film also brought up a couple of questions:

Spoiler:
1) Why did those people in the white survival suits forcibly take the little kid from the basement? And, later, why was this kid - along with others - in those capsules with their heads shaved & their eyes tapes shut? Were they being tested for radiation?! If so, why put them in those capsules?! This was never explained....

2) Who were the people in the white survival suits? Were they Americans, or were they the foreign invaders?!
The problem with this movie and ALL end of the world/survivor movies like this is that they all portray people ending up like savages. Worlds ending?? Let's rape women to death...really tired of that cliché.
Old 08-12-15, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I saw this movie at the premiere at the Nuart a few years ago with Michael Biehn in attendance. I really enjoyed the bleakness of it.

The Blu-ray has some pretty good tech-specs.
Old 08-12-15, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

The exploitative elements and annoying clichéd characters ruined this one. The depravity and violence serve no purpose other than to say that humans suck and nothing else. I'd rather watch The Road.

Last edited by inri222; 08-12-15 at 10:31 AM.