Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jurassic World (2015, Trevorrow) S: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jurassic World (2015, Trevorrow) S: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mdc3000
I want to direct Jurassic Park 4... hey Kathleen and Stevie... give me a call!.... Please???

No i wanna direct JP4!!

I wonder what the hell could be done in JP4

How many damn islands did John Hammond buy???
Old 11-08-02, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Jurassic Park IV...

Originally posted by highdef
According to DARK HORIZONS,
Whilst talking with The New Zealand Listener magazine last week, Sam Neill was asked if he would return as Alan Grant four a fourth time? "Yes, another Jurassic Park is in the developmental stages at the moment. I think I can say that without being arrested, or eaten by one of those scary dinosaurs (laughs). As for my involvement, it's a possibility. I certainly had a ripper of a time doing the previous two, so I have no objection in that respect. Steven (Spielberg) has spoken with me briefly about the new story they are working on, which is remarkably inventive and intriguing, by the way....Steven has indicated I may have some part in the film, but I'll leave it at that. From what I know, it's pretty early goings. As always, I'll wait for the finished script, and just see how my schedule shapes up".
It might be fun to put in some dyno sea creatures this time around. I wonder how ironic ole' Stevie would find it if he throws in a dyno shark (Seriously ~ It might be kinda fun.)
Old 11-08-02, 11:03 PM

A dino shark would be awesome. Whats the name of the biggest shark? I forgot
Old 11-08-02, 11:43 PM

Originally posted by BobSoup
A dino shark would be awesome. Whats the name of the biggest shark? I forgot
Good link to prehistoric sharks

I think you're talking about the Megalodon (prehistoric) ~ See this link: Megalodon

Today the biggest shark is the peaceful Whale Shark. This wouldn't work in Jurassic Park movie, but Megalodon would be pretty good IMHO.

Maybe even some of his smaller and very dangerous friends like these guys would be fun:

Symmorium

Iniopteryx

Cladoselache
Old 11-09-02, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nah, what we need is the ancient crocodile to add to this movie.

30 feet long and jaw pressure equal to (i believe) 18,000 pounds.

If not i'll settle for a Croc-o-Stimpy.
Old 11-10-02, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by UAIOE
Nah, what we need is the ancient crocodile to add to this movie.

30 feet long and jaw pressure equal to (i believe) 18,000 pounds.

If not i'll settle for a Croc-o-Stimpy.
Perhaps....But Megalodon is no small fry either:

60 feet of muscle, fin and teeth!

Weighed more than 400 professional football linebackers at 250 pounds each (100,000 pounds!)

A dentist's nightmare: 250 serrated teeth up to 7 inches long!

Global distribution: All the world was her stage

Top sea predator: Whale bones tell the story
Old 11-10-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, but is its mating call "Happy, Happy,Joy, Joy" and does it ride a bus to work?
Old 11-10-02, 08:58 PM
Banned

I think the idea of Yet another one is just proposterous. Why other than making more money are they doing this?
Do they really think people cant wait for another one of these?

If Spielberg really needs the money, and I doubt he does, how about the Special Edition of Poltergeist that was announced and that he later pulled the plug on.

They could do JP4 in space on another planet or something....
Old 11-11-02, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by cooper2000
They could do JP4 in space on another planet or something....
Interesting concept.

Maybe 500 years from now a crew on a orbiting research facility can find the frozen remains of many of the dinos from Jurassic Park. After thawing the big guys, the dinos rampage and are killed by super futuristic weapons.

Then a rogue A.I. will re-animate the dinos and give them cybernetic implants and make them even more dangerous killing machines.

T-Rex with a frickin' laser beam attached to his head....genius, pure genius!!!!!
Old 11-11-02, 02:44 AM

Interesting concept...............T-Rex with a frickin' laser beam attached to his head....genius, pure genius!!!!!
Old 11-11-02, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard the 4th one was going to just cover all the plot holes from the last 2 films. It's supposed to be 4 hours long.
Old 01-30-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jurassic Park IV update...(SPOILERS)

This just in from DARK HORIZONS:

Jurassic Park IV: Its been a while since we've had a juicy piece of goss on the next dino thriller, and so 'Steel Maverick' arrives just in time with this morsel:

(SPOILERS)

"I just wanted to pass along to you some interesting tid-bits I learned about the fourth Jurassic Park movie (I'm a big fan) whilst visiting the Amblin offices. They were tight-lipped about the big details, but I managed to get some VERY cool goodies for you all:
12 years after the first movie, John Hammond's dinosaurs have apparently become urban legend. Most of the public has become skeptical they ever existed. Part of the plot involves the discovery of previously unidentified lizard-like animals showing up on mainland Costa Rica and conflicting with the locals (killing them?). To find out what the heck is going on, a team of experts chart an expedition to one of the off-shore islands. They find out the dinosaurs are thriving and breeding at an uncontrollable rate, so much so that it poses a threat to the nearby continent. They must find a way to curb the spread of the dinos or face an ecological disaster.

I want to make clear that is not the WHOLE story. There is apparently some top-secret aspect of the plot that they refused to even hint to me. They only said that Spielberg was "delighted" with it. In Michael Crichton's novel The Lost World it was discovered that the dinosaurs have been accidentally infected by a disease code-named DX by InGen. Expect this concept to be carried over to JPIV. They don't end up sending in the military to bomb the place, because in time, DX will prevent the dino's continued existence. This leads me to believe JPIV will probably be the last one.

Spielberg is indeed looking to get Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum back on board as part of the "team of experts." I asked eveyone I could if they knew of Richard Attenborough's involvement, but nobody knew "at this stage." I got the impression that everyone is feeling JPIV will turn out to be something quite special, more an intelligent thriller in the vein of the original (which would REALLY be cool!)"
Old 01-30-03, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Isn't this straight out of the book that the raptors escaped and the lysine contingency?
Old 01-30-03, 09:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I find it funny that in the first movie, that there is much made of the fact that the DNA samples wash away and get incased in mud, as if to suggest that this is a fore shadowing of future events.
Old 01-30-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well that little excerpt alone had more plot than in JPIII. Hopefully JPIV will be a nice conclusion to an decent but stale franchise.
Old 01-30-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, I too thought somewhere down the line, those DNA samples would come back into play, but I guess not, you never know what could happen though, they could do something with them, some way
Old 01-30-03, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those DNA samples from the first movie died...the embryos needed to be frozen and that little can had only 24 hours worth of coolant. So kiss those dinos goodbye.

As for that summary of JP4....this is stuff out the JP book.
Old 01-30-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Those DNA samples from the first movie died...the embryos needed to be frozen and that little can had only 24 hours worth of coolant. So kiss those dinos goodbye.

As for that summary of JP4....this is stuff out the JP book.

thus the mud part. hey it will work in the movies.
Old 01-30-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where looking at the next Jaws 4,this time its personal.
Old 01-30-03, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes but that whole thing was actually just a dream. They really fell into a cooler full of ice.
Old 01-31-03, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tanman
thus the mud part. hey it will work in the movies.

Maybe they can say Dodson snuck onto the island and stole them then there can be this big conflict between Grant, Ian and Dodgson....Scientific royal rumble.

It would be like the Jurassic Park books mated and had a retarded script as a child.

I can just hear the one liners now

Grant: Dodgson, i'm gonna get Cretaceous on your ass! ::: punches Dodgson in the jaw :::
Old 01-31-03, 04:26 AM

yay.
Old 01-31-03, 03:03 PM

The last one?

Yeah, right. And Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers are going to hell FOREVER!
Old 07-16-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New Jurassic Park 4 news:

This was reported over at Dark Horizons.com:
Box-Office Magazine spoke with Keira Knightley recently and was asked whether there was any truth to Net rumours that Spielberg was interested in her for the fourth movie - "It's true! I didn't think anybody knew about that! It was so amazing because I've been a big fan of the original film for years. Steven said he liked my work in Bend It Like Beckham and wanted to meet me. I think Sam Neill really pushed for me as well, 'cause we had worked together before on [BBC TV series] Doctor Zhivago. There were actually two roles in Jurassic Park IV Steven thought I might fit. First there was the granddaughter part, which wasn't all that big a role, she was only in it at the beginning. The other part he was considering for me was substantially larger, but I won't go into any details in case I make Steven angry (laughs). I truly don't know if I'll end up getting either part or not. The script is pretty much locked down, but I think they're still working on final drafts at the moment. But just to be even considered by Steven Spielberg was a humbling honour". Meanwhile Sci-Fi Wire talked with Producer Kathleen Kennedy who confirmed scribe William Monahan has completed a first draft of the script - "Let's just say it takes place someplace else. It will not be green. We will not go back to the jungle". Thanks to 'Glen'.
Jason
Old 07-16-03, 10:54 PM

the T-Rex already did the whole city thing...

-NiCK

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.