Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-11-11, 12:15 AM   #1
Solid Snake
DVD Talk Hero

Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens (Dir: Sonnenfeld

well....this sounds stupid crazy....but...for some reason...I want to see wtf this looks as whole...I don't like Sonnenfeld...but Morrison (while one can argue is an overrated guy) writing this has got my interest...also...as stupid of a visual that concept art is...it's...kind of cool looking.

Quote:
Director Barry Sonnenfeld and acclaimed comics writer Grant Morrison (The Invisibles) are teaming up for Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens. Sonnenfeld will direct and Morrison will write the graphic novel and the screenplay. The story takes place on a secret pre-historic Earth where aliens invade and super-intelligent dinosaurs are the planetís only hope
Old 05-11-11, 12:24 AM   #2
gmanca
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens (Dir: Sonnenfeld

I wonder how they will try to anthropomorphise this, either going for talking dinosaurs or humanoid aliens.

Still waiting for Bio-Engineered Humanoid Talking Raptors with Laser Assault Riffles to appear in Jurassic Park 4.
Old 05-11-11, 07:03 AM   #3
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanca View Post
Still waiting for Bio-Engineered Humanoid Talking Raptors with Laser Assault Riffles to appear in Jurassic Park 4.
Cast Thomas Jane as the human lead and I'm there.
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 05-11-11, 07:14 AM   #4
Pizza

Is this a serious movie? If not, we already got Monsters Vs Aliens. If it is, it sounds stupid.
Old 05-11-11, 09:35 AM   #5
rw2516
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:

There's a pretty good Star Trek novel about how raptors would be the predominant species on Earth, even travelling in space if the extinction event hadn't occured. And talking too!
Raptors are an alien race and they seeded Earth back in prehistoric times. Raptors from the home planet travel back in time to deflect the asteroid from hitting Earth, changing the time line. The Enterprise goes back in time to stop them.
Old 05-11-11, 10:31 AM   #6
sauce07
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This screams development hell. What studio is going to put serious money into this? Will there be any humans? We need a Shia LaBeouf to draw the audience in.

PSN - sauce07
DVD Aficionado

My Countdown Counting down to: April 20th
Bubble Bubble Bubble
Old 05-11-11, 10:42 AM   #7
Groucho

They need to put a moratorium on any movie with "vs" in the title. Help us, Obama!
Old 05-11-11, 10:42 AM   #8
GoldenJCJ
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If they could mange to to this with zero dialogue, I'm there. English speaking dinosaurs and I have no interest.
Old 05-11-11, 11:04 AM   #9
whoopdido
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
If they could mange to to this with zero dialogue, I'm there. English speaking dinosaurs and I have no interest.
In some ways I might be interested in it too if it were presented in some kind of "realistic" way. I mean say aliens crash on Earth 100 million years ago and most, if not all of their technology is broken and they have to survive in that environment. If today's humans were able to go back in time, at least we know what dinosaurs are and what to expect, but aliens would have no idea what they just got themselves into. I could see a little green guy tinkering with his ship and then a T-Rex comes up and scares the shit out of him.

I think it sounds stupid that the dinosaurs are super smart. Try to do it realistically and just have these aliens dealing with a completely unknown enviroment. The aliens language could be subtitled.
Old 05-11-11, 11:58 AM   #10
Solid Snake
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ View Post
Yeah, I'd really be game w/ a non speaking Dinosaur element. All in the eyes and the action to tell the story. If someone took it seriously and had like dinosaurs w/ their terrestrial instincts vs. an alien race. At it's most basic form, I guess you can say. Especially w/ how that concept art looks.
Old 05-11-11, 05:25 PM   #11
Mabuse
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rw2516 View Post
The Enterprise goes back in time to stop them.
Wow. How original.
Old 05-11-11, 10:13 PM   #12
RocShemp
DVD Talk Hero

So how long before this gets made into a movie?

Although given it features intelligent dinos, this movie brings this show to mind instead:

So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
Old 05-11-11, 11:28 PM   #13
gmanca

Well I think Denver the Last Dinosaur should be made into a movie first. Cuz he's your friend and a whole lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
Cast Thomas Jane as the human lead and I'm there.
If that's what it takes, so be it, I just want that thing made.

rw2516, what's the name of the Star Trek novel, I'd love to see what Memory Alpha has on it. TIA!
Old 05-12-11, 05:10 AM   #14
rw2516
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:

rw2516, what's the name of the Star Trek novel, I'd love to see what Memory Alpha has on it. TIA!
Been years, don't really remember. Published in the late '90s. Believe it had "Frontier" in the title. First Frontier?
Old 05-12-11, 11:22 AM   #15
islandclaws
DVD Talk Legend

I think this would be better suited as an animated film. Of course, I'd watch a movie full of dinosaurs kicking alien ass, but I don't trust Sonnenfeld to make what my mind has already conjured up.

Horror Movie Challenge: