Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Human Centipede 2: The Full Sequence (or the deuce the world's been waiting for)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Human Centipede 2: The Full Sequence (or the deuce the world's been waiting for)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-11, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Human Centipede 2: The Full Sequence (or the deuce the world's been waiting for)

Why black and white? I wonder if that was intended from the get go or that was a choice that was made to get at least approval for showing it in the theaters.

Human Centipede 2: Backdoor Boogaloo
Old 09-24-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,063 Posts
Re: Human Centipede 2: The Full Sequence (or the deuce the world's been waiting for)

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
IFC handed out t-shirts with the tagline with "The Deuce is Loose."
The negative reviews are practically going to write themselves...
Old 09-24-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Why black and white? I wonder if that was intended from the get go or that was a choice that was made to get at least approval for showing it in the theaters.

Human Centipede 2: Backdoor Boogaloo
Considering the US, I'm sure IFC and Six knew the film would be released without a rating. Maybe for international distribution (despite the UK already banning it)? Or maybe the practical effects suck and black and white helps hide it better? Who knows! If Six shot the film on digital, that means the original master is that of a film shot in color... so maybe a possible bonus feature on the DVD.

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
The negative reviews are practically going to write themselves...
I expect nothing but shit jokes with a possible incest or rape joke thrown into the mix from now until the film's release.
Old 09-24-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just can't see anyone reading about some of the stuff in this "movie" (ie: jacking off with sandpaper, rape with barb wire, etc,) black comedy or not, and saying: "This I gotta see!".

But I know some people will. I'm not sure what to think about that.
Old 09-26-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#vid=26738863&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1810179244%2Fvideo%2F26738863"></iframe>

This film looks fucking awful... ly amazing!
Old 09-26-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm game. I wonder if theaters are gonna hand out barf bags
Old 09-26-11, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well the lead guy is very interesting looking.
Old 09-27-11, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I love how all the negative reviews are basically bashing it for giving them exactly what they all complained was lacking in the first movie

I remember many here expressing disppointment in how the first one wasn't graphic enough. It will be interesting to see if they - like the critics - really didn't mean that.

It's like a big "Fuck you!" movie and at the same time a parody of both the fans and how the detractors view the fans

Last edited by Gunde; 09-27-11 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-27-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

<iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#vid=26738863&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fmovie%2F1810179244%2Fvideo%2F26738863"></iframe>

This film looks fucking awful... ly amazing!
I love how the trailer is followed by an ad featuring happy children.

One thing they seem to be making abundantly clear is that this version could NOT happen and that Martin is no doctor; his surgery methods seem very crude.
Old 09-28-11, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

IFC posted new stills and the theater listing this morning...

Originally Posted by IFC Films
OPENING MARKETS AND THEATERS - more coming soon:

10/07/11 IFC Center New York, NY

10/07/11 Music Box Theatre Chicago, IL

10/07/11 Main Art Theatre Royal Oak, MI

10/07/11 Oriental Theatre Milwaukee, WI

10/07/11 Uptown Theatre Minneapolis, MN

10/07/11 Tivoli Theatre University City, MO

10/07/11 Ritz at the Bourse Philadelphia, PA

10/07/11 E Street Cinema Washington, DC

10/07/11 Midtown Art Cinemas 8 Atlanta, GA

10/07/11 Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar Austin, TX

10/07/11 Inwood Theatre Dallas, TX

10/07/11 River Oaks Theatre Houston, TX

10/07/11 Esquire Theatre Denver, CO

10/07/11 Nuart Theatre West Los Angeles, CA

10/07/11 Ken Cinema San Diego, CA

10/07/11 Egyptian Theatre Seattle, WA

10/07/11 Lumiere Theatre San Francisco, CA

10/14/11 Prytania Theatre New Orleans, LA

10/14/11 The Royale Mesa, AZ

10/21/11 Dundee Theatre Omaha, NE

10/21/11 Del Mar Theatre Santa Cruz, CA

10/21/11 Las Vegas Sci Fi Center Las Vegas, NV

10/28/11 Loft Cinema Twin Tucson, AZ
I'd like to point out that the Sci-Fi Center is not a real theater. I guess I'll have to wait and watch it at home.
Old 09-29-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, most if not all of those theaters have it only showing as a midnight movie
Old 09-29-11, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

Ah, the Ken theater here in SD. One of the few single screen theaters left in the city.
Old 09-30-11, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Also, most if not all of those theaters have it only showing as a midnight movie
I'm waiting/hoping that the Lumiere in San Francisco puts it as a Midnight Movie. Not showing up on their October 6th schedule yet
Old 10-03-11, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

More theaters have gone up, direct link to theaters are here.

IFC has also announced the film will be available On Demand starting Wednesday, October 12th.
Old 10-07-11, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

New poster (semi nsfw)
Spoiler:

and i have my ticket pre ordered
Old 10-07-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The list posted mentions that the Lumiere Theatre in San Francisco would have the film starting today, but the website does not have showtimes up for the film through the next week.

No idea what is going on.
Old 10-07-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by asianxcore
The list posted mentions that the Lumiere Theatre in San Francisco would have the film starting today, but the website does not have showtimes up for the film through the next week.

No idea what is going on.
checking the landmark site, it looks like its playing at the Bridge Theater at midnight only
Old 10-07-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
checking the landmark site, it looks like its playing at the Bridge Theater at midnight only
Thanks for the heads up. Look like Midnight for both today and tomorrow.

I really wish the change in theater was posted somewhere. Ugh!
Old 10-07-11, 04:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

maybe this has been stated before, but what's with the news that IFC did some of it's own pruning of some of the more extreme scenes - is that true?
Old 10-07-11, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

IFC has also announced the film will be available On Demand starting Wednesday, October 12th.
Nice! I'll watch it at home, just like I did the first one. That way my gf can periodically leave the room, then poke her head in long enough to tell me I'm sick for watching it.
Old 10-07-11, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
maybe this has been stated before, but what's with the news that IFC did some of it's own pruning of some of the more extreme scenes - is that true?
Hmm...that's the first I've heard of it. Though when I looked up news stories, apparently after folks saw the Australian Teaser, word got out that the U.S version might be cut when compared.

http://www.news-and-gossip.com/austr...g-yet-09-2011/

Looks like I will be catching a Midnight Showing of this with one of my best friends. Should be fun
Old 10-07-11, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in Chicago seeing this tonight? I successfully managed to find not a single person willing to see this with me.
Old 10-07-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

I never saw the first one. Think I would be okay seeing this?
Old 10-07-11, 09:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

here's what a New York Times article stated about Six and cutting the film for IFC's theatrical release:

Spoiler:
For the American release of the film Mr. Six has made concessions, removing a scene in which Martin wraps his penis in barbed wire before raping a woman at the end of the centipede. (Mr. Sehring of IFC Films said: “We really worked with Tom to come up with what we felt would be the most commercial version of the movie. Did I think it was necessary, or did we think it was necessary to tell the story? No.”)

Mr. Six said he was hopeful that an unedited version of “Human Centipede 2” would also be released, and is already planning a third and final installment. “In the end,” he said, “all three films can be literally connected as one film of four and a half hours.”

I personally hate it when distributor's stick there head (pun intended) where it isn't needed - specifically in the editing of a film for "more commercial appeal/acceptance"
Old 10-07-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
here's what a New York Times article stated about Six and cutting the film for IFC's theatrical release:

Spoiler:
For the American release of the film Mr. Six has made concessions, removing a scene in which Martin wraps his penis in barbed wire before raping a woman at the end of the centipede. (Mr. Sehring of IFC Films said: “We really worked with Tom to come up with what we felt would be the most commercial version of the movie. Did I think it was necessary, or did we think it was necessary to tell the story? No.”)

Mr. Six said he was hopeful that an unedited version of “Human Centipede 2” would also be released, and is already planning a third and final installment. “In the end,” he said, “all three films can be literally connected as one film of four and a half hours.”

I personally hate it when distributor's stick there head (pun intended) where it isn't needed - specifically in the editing of a film for "more commercial appeal/acceptance"
Thanks so much for posting that Giles!

I don't like it either. Also wait a minute, did IFC pick up Human Centipede 2 for possible commercial appeal? They obviously picked up the first 2 films for pure sales on shock. They aren't trying to convince the masses to come see a more commercially viable film about people getting grafted to each others assholes.

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I never saw the first one. Think I would be okay seeing this?
I looked at the cast list and there is 1 returning cast member from the 1st film. Not sure if she has a huge role in the film, or if it was like Jay Hernandez showing up in Hostel 2.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.