Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Predators getting a sequel

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Predators getting a sequel

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Predators getting a sequel

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I didn't see any mention of a theatrical release. Maybe RR will produce a Direct-to-DVD sequel like he did with From Dusk Till Dawn
Lets hope not
Old 07-23-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Predator's vs. Navi: Avatar 2: Pre6ator
Old 07-23-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't the thread title be "Predator getting another sequel"?
Old 07-23-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Eva Kaine
Would consider seeing only if they fix the fact that they made the Predators so goddamn stupid in this last one.
I will only respond to you if you properly use pronouns.
Old 07-23-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Obligatory: Predators 2: Pred Harder

How about this, it picks up where Predators left off. We learn the latest drop contained a variety of alien species, including a new group of humans and Aliens. The story should be told primarily from the Predators points-of-view as they discover the infestation during their hunt and the two clans are forced to team up (NOT with the humans) as the Aliens begin overrunning the game preserve planet. I'm not a fan of the notion of the Aliens taking on characteristics of the host species, but there would be some great opportunities. Both franchise tags are dropped for the title: Prey
Old 07-23-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I will see it if Chris Hansen makes a cameo.
Old 07-23-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So basically AVP, the first-person game in Predator mode. I get the idea but I'm not sure how it progresses anywhere at it's logical conclusion.

If it were different aliens as opposed to HR Giger Xenomorphs, I would be up for that as you could have humans and another, new species fighting the predators. That way, the humans actually have a chance to win and leave the planet.
Old 07-23-10, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My problem is...w/ the Predators...you don't know wtf they're saying. And I don't want to know what they say to each other.

One thing that extremely bugged me is that the roar for the Predators...was very weak compared to what was used in Predator.
Old 07-23-10, 08:19 PM
En vacance

i was wondering why they didnt gangbang the 1 chick there, i mean hey if youre gonna die might as well.
Old 07-23-10, 08:24 PM
Banned

.....cuz they want to live as long as they can? Also Ex con guy.totally wanted to rape her...I loved his responsed..."You have an awesome ass"
Old 07-23-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
My problem is...w/ the Predators...you don't know wtf they're saying. And I don't want to know what they say to each other.

One thing that extremely bugged me is that the roar for the Predators...was very weak compared to what was used in Predator.
That was one thing I did like from Rodgriguez's original Predators script was that there was an predator-translation device worn around the collar that converted human speech in to predator clicks and vice-versa.
Old 07-23-10, 08:31 PM
En vacance

i thought eric forman was gonna do her at the end when he started going creepy.
Old 07-23-10, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
That was one thing I did like from Rodgriguez's original Predators script was that there was an predator-translation device worn around the collar that converted human speech in to predator clicks and vice-versa.

So he dropped that concept and gave the Royce character a Christian Bale Voice Modulater instead. Kind've a downgrade.
Old 07-23-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

There just better better be some gawd damn bitch ass ho chick Predators in the next one.
Old 07-23-10, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by gmanca

Really? I saw a Dark Horse comic where the Predators had teamed with the Humans and they understood Humans and can talk back to them. The thing was when they talked to humans it was in the mimicked voice of the person they're speaking too.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-25-10 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-24-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In my concept, I'm trying to avoid the human-predator team-up. Not saying that it cannot be done, but it was done (poorly) in AVP and again, to a lesser extent, in Predators.

If it has to be done again, here is my twist: Royce and Predator X team up to fight off the other predator clan. Towards the end of the battle, when it is clear that they will survive, Predator X turns to Royce and slices him open with his wrist-blades. The predator would have to "play" (say) a recording of something that Edwin said to Isabelle in order to convey that the predator learned the technique by observing Edwin ... act as an ally, then strike when the prey is least expecting.

As far as the predators "having to talk" ... no. It would be a departure from the Hollywood norm, but 2/3rds of the movie would have no dialogue ... making the soundtrack very important.
Old 07-24-10, 10:20 PM
Banned

......uh..
Spoiler:
all the Predators died
. So unless you're talking about some other one....well...it wouldn't make sense.
Old 07-25-10, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
As far as the predators "having to talk" ... no. It would be a departure from the Hollywood norm, but 2/3rds of the movie would have no dialogue ... making the soundtrack very important.

I was thinking that a film from the Pred(s) point of view with very little if any dialogue would be very interesting. What little dialogue in it could be just what the Pred hears from its hunting position.
Old 07-25-10, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I didn't find Predators particularly good, but it wasn't bad either. It did well enough with the characters that I'd see a sequel.
I will go see them and I will buy all the blu-rays. Oh wait I have

They are what they are, a movie about a hunter that gets hunted in the end. I like this movie other then one thing. I do not wish to see Predators hunt other Predators. Unless the small one is a male/female and the big one is a male/female (think bug works where they fight after or before sex, wait we do that?).

The next one for the love of God, these are hunters, they hunt big game. Do you think it's about time for them to win just one. I mean Vader/Papten(sp) won twice in six movies. This would be #6......

Yes, AVP2 was be far to me the best one. Big Daddy did not care about the humans, even took time out of killing Aliens to kill off some humans
Old 07-25-10, 07:31 PM

.....cuz they want to live as long as they can? Also Ex con guy.totally wanted to rape her...I loved his responsed..."You have an awesome ass"
I like the "Its 5 o'l'clock somewhere line"
Old 07-25-10, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so will the sequel to Predators include every other line of the movie Predator 2 as a worthless homage?

The newly dropped humans could even be outfitted w/ the exact weapons from Predator 2...you know, as an homage.
Old 07-25-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

......uh..
Spoiler:
all the Predators died
. So unless you're talking about some other one....well...it wouldn't make sense.
Well, that would go for any sequel ... I wondered this at the end of Predators. Are the "other" predators (supervisor predators? teacher predators?) that are dropping new stock into the preserve aware that the predators on the planet are dead?

I had already thought of this and it is another reason I would want to avoid the human-predator team up. It simply wouldn't make much sense given the context. All of the predators are dead and two humans are alive ... what is going to be the logical conclusion? I doubt anybody is teaming up with the humans.

-- Sorry for no spoilers ... I think we are far enough into the thread. --
Old 07-25-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts

Seeing as how I really liked Predators I'd love to see a sequel.

For my money Predators was the best Predator movie (including the AVP's) since the original.
Old 07-25-10, 11:56 PM
Banned

same here. At least this film won't age horribly like Predator 2...jesus...I can't look at it and not cringe.
Old 07-25-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the next predators movie would be better if they put xenomorph aliens in it as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.