Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Avengers - May 2012 - D: Joss Whedon

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Avengers - May 2012 - D: Joss Whedon

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-06, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marvel "AVENGERS" Film in the works?

Seem possible..

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=10050

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24143

and Marvel's plan announcement (PDF)

http://www.marvel.com/company/pdf/ma...io_present.pdf
Old 08-11-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
They've already done two animated direct-to-DVD releases of Avengers so far.
Old 08-11-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, but this would be a live action one, as seen in their PDF.
Old 08-11-06, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk God

I know. I read it. I was just pointing out the obvious, for those that might not be aware.
Old 08-11-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope it's better than the recent animated films. There are simply too many characters to service fairly.
Old 08-11-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
I hope it's better than the recent animated films. There are simply too many characters to service fairly.
I don't know how they would work it out. The public at large don't really know who they are. I haven't read a comic in over a decade so even I don't know who he current members are. The ones that come to mind are The Wasp, Giant Man, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Iron Man, Hercules, Hulk and Capt. America and those are just the revolving cast members I recall from the last 30 years. Like the X-Men it's just going to be hard to pick and choose which characters would be in it. I think it would be a daunting task especially since J6P doesn't know who they are. At least the X-Men had some exposure (cartoon series) before the films.
Old 08-11-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, if they start with the more mainstream characters (Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America) most casual fans would recognize them.
Old 08-11-06, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Well, if they start with the more mainstream characters (Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Capt. America) most casual fans would recognize them.
The problem is that they can't. Marvel has sold out a lot of their major characters movies right piecemeal, so the chances of them ever being in an Avengers movies is slight.

However, the lesser know characters might make for a better movie.
Old 08-11-06, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
All of those characters that Deftones mentioned are under the new Marvel brand, I believe, not other studios. I believe I read that even the Hulk went back to Marvel from Universal.
Old 08-11-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
While we're at it....
I want to see a DEFENDERS movie featuring Dr. Strange, Sub-Mariner, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Nighthawk and Son of Satan.
Old 08-11-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bah. Just do Squadron Supreme the movie instead and use J. Michael Straczynski's treatment of it for the basis of the movie.
Old 08-11-06, 11:18 PM

Even if Marvel has the rights back, the chance of seeing a theatrical live-action Avengers movie with the A-listers--Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man and Thor--any time soon is slim to none. Marvel will want those characters for individual features.

Meaning if there's an Avengers movie it's going to be with the B-listers. Which is fine by me, but I don't know how Hawkeye et al will go over with the masses.
Old 08-25-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well they could use Hulk now in the Avengers movie if they wanted to.

I've read somewhere that the movie is in the works too but I forgot where.
Old 08-25-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How about some love for the West Coast Avengers. Nah, didn't think so hehe
Old 08-25-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by clemente

However, the lesser know characters might make for a better movie.
I agree. Hawkeye is cool and he and Hank Pym and The Wasp have pretty much been constant members since they joined. If Fox does this they could use a Magneto storyline to introduce Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch(just leave out that talking cow that raised them). It would be a little hard to leave out Iron Man since Tony Stark flips the bill for the mansion and expenses but I could live with changes to that. Be cool to see Ultron as the villian.
Old 08-25-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by porieux
How about some love for the West Coast Avengers. Nah, didn't think so hehe
Hmmm...actually they were good. However, I was always partial to the Great Lakes Avengers.
Old 08-25-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Did anyone see the special making of thing for Dr. Strange on the Avengers 2 disc? It leads me to believe that they are doing an animated film for him too.
Old 09-14-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Marvel to unite "Avengers" for movie By Paul Bond
Thu Sep 14, 1:52 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Some time after Marvel Entertainment unleashes "Iron Man," "The Incredible Hulk" and a few other choice superheroes as stars of their own feature films, the company intends to release a live-action version of "The Avengers" -- a team dubbed as "Earth's mightiest heroes."

Set to pen the screenplay is Zak Penn, the writer behind the last two "X-Men" movies from 20th Century Fox and Marvel.

Executives spoke briefly about their "Avengers" plan Wednesday during a presentation to Wall Street analysts at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment Conference in Pasadena.

The comic book "The Avengers" began as a team consisting of superheroes Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man and Hulk. Later, Captain America and a host of others joined. Executives didn't say exactly which of Marvel's superheroes would be depicted in "The Avengers" movie.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Old 09-14-06, 11:52 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They should cast Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman, and Sean Connery in this...just to confuse the hell out of everybody.
Old 09-14-06, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
They should cast Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman, and Sean Connery in this...just to confuse the hell out of everybody.
People remember that movie?
Old 09-14-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Did anyone see the special making of thing for Dr. Strange on the Avengers 2 disc? It leads me to believe that they are doing an animated film for him too.
They are, it's already been announced.
Old 09-15-06, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Considering I couldn't find any news about it or a listing at IMDB, I was sort of shocked by it.
Old 09-15-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
There's info here: http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=21373

They've been talking about it since before the first Ultimate Avengers was released. There is also an Iron Man animated movie in the works.
Old 09-15-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Cool. Thanks.
Old 12-04-07, 04:01 PM

interesting new tidbit about the Hulk & Iron Man films. Hasn't been verified yet, but sounds like it could be a pretty cool idea and the "start" of an Avengers stand-alone film:

from AICN:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34962
This is interesting, and it plays into something we’ve been saying for a little while here at AICN. We broke the story earlier this year that Sam Jackson will appear in IRON MAN as Nick Fury. I heard from a completely different source that there might be a similar scene in THE INCREDIBLE HULK, something that was added late in the process. Could it be that Marvel’s going to set up their eventual AVENGERS movie by connecting all these movies up via one character who approaches each of these heroes separately?

I’m not sure there really is a second Nick Fury appearance. But when I got this e-mail (edited a bit to protect the spy) today, it made me wonder anew... just how closely related are these worlds all going to be? I like this possible way of doing it far more than Warner’s proposed out-of-continuity JUSTICE LEAGUE film.

Anyway... check this out, grain of salt included unless we can verify it soon:

There are some fuzzy politics going on with the Iron Man and Hulk movies - they're shooting a scene TOGETHER! The trouble is, I can't tell if its an Iron Man scene with the Hulk in in or a Hulk scene with IRON MAN in it, more interestingly, it's possible that the SAME SCENE or some variation of it might be in BOTH movies lending to the comic book / single universe, many heroes idea seen in the past - uber cool.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.