Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-10, 06:19 PM   #51
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 12,941
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Fuck you, Jack Black.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 12:48 AM   #52
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,201
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
Fuck you, Jack Black.
Agree, and the same goes for Zach Gallonoffuckness and Ratboy Cera.
__________________
Ohwa Tagu Siam
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 07:56 AM   #53
DVD Talk Legend
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 18,628
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Other than the new character, this picture only shows the classic TV characters. I just hope that doesn't leave Pepe out in the cold, he's the one who's brought the funny in recent years.
__________________
XBL/PSN: chew1138
Weekly Tuesday Warhawk Night (PS3)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 08:07 AM   #54
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,929
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Yeah, Pepe is great. Bobo is pretty funny too, though I could do without Clifford.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-10, 08:32 PM   #55
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 12,941
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Other than the new character, this picture only shows the classic TV characters. I just hope that doesn't leave Pepe out in the cold, he's the one who's brought the funny in recent years.
For what it's worth:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40492

Spoiler:
The Great Gonzo Tells Us About The Script For The New MUPPET Movie - aka THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!


Merrick here...


I've been waiting for a new MUPPET MOVIE for a long time...and been really curious about what Segel & Stoller (FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL) have in store for us since being charged with bringing the Muppets back to the big screen.

The Great Gonzo sent in his thoughts after reading the film's script. The verdict? Pretty positive! And, as far as I know, this is the first time the film's title has been revealed anywhere.

I've a toddler who's already loving DVDs of the MUPPETS. Hopefully this'll be in theaters just about the time he's ready to sit through movies.


Here's The Great Gonzo...

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the script to the new Muppet Movie a.k.a "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time!!!" (as theyre calling it) by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller. I've read it an thought I'd pass on my thoughts.

Before I get started, I think it's helpful to get my take on The Muppets. I LOVE THEM. I have a huge place in my heart for these characters and many of their adventures. However, I feel the Muppets have been completely misused and misunderstood since Jim Henson's death. I love The Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. I feel like all the Muppet films after Jim's death just didn't "get it". There was something missing. The characters were watered down... kiddified, if you will. Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space... ugh. They just didn't feel like true Muppet movies.

Anyway- keeping that in mind, how did I like the new script? Well, I'm going to start with the non-spoiler review and let you know my impressions. Then I'll go into some spoiler-iffic detail for those interested.

The movie revolves around The Muppets reuniting after a huge falling out to save The Muppet Studios in Hollywood. They have to put on a show in the Muppet Theatre and get 10 million viewers to save the Studios from an evil Texas oil tycoon. That's the quick version. How is it? It's a solid, if not spectacular script that, with a bit of work, could be really great.

What's good?

It's obvious that Segel and Stoller really have a lot of love for the Muppets so the characters all feel pretty spot-on. It's funny and silly, just as the Muppets should be. All the classic characters are in there: Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, The Electric Mayhem, Sam Eagle, Swedish Chef, Bunson and Beaker, Sweetums... etc.

They obviously worked really hard to include everyone. Interestingly, the only post-Jim Henson Muppet to appear in the script is Pepe. He has all of 3 lines so it feels as if they thought "well, we have to have him in there because he's popular but we don't have to give him much time". There are some reverent nods to The Muppet Show and the first 3 movies that really displays the writers' respect for Jim Henson's work. There are a lot of great cameos scripted as well. Of course, we'll see if they can actually get all the celebrities they want to, but it would be nice. It is a musical which, for me, is a plus and hopefully they'll be able to churn out some songs as memorable as we had in the original 3 Muppet movies.

What's not so good?

There are patches in the script that still feel kind of flat. They need some punching up. The script also includes a lot of spoofs, which is to be expected. But some of them are already incredibly outdated, or will be in 6 months (MINOR SPOILER- there's a short scene written with cameos from Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau that is a spoof of Swingers. Swingers?!?!?!? I love that movie but it is 13 years old! No one is going to get this).

The human characters that befriend the Muppets (Gary and Mary) are pretty bland and generic. I guess that's not surprising considering the outrageousness of the Muppets, but they have no real personalities. Also, I have always liked it when Piggy pursues Kermit but he's either aloof or not interested, like in The Muppet Movie. In this film, Kermit is in love with Piggy and acts like a jealous boyfriend. Not my favorite choice. Finally, I feel the climax of the film feels pretty small compared to the big finishes of The Muppet Movie or Muppets Take Manhattan.

SPOILERS:

Good stuff-

-A good part of the film takes place in and around Hollywood, which ties it nicely it to the ending of The Muppet Movie. They even reference the "Standard Rich and Famous Contract" that was signed at the end of that film.

-When Kermit decides to get the Muppets back together, he sends out the Muppet signal, ala the bat-signal. We then see where all the Muppets are and what they're doing. It's also a very funny sequences. Rowlf is working in a Kinko's run by cats. Gonzo is a crime fighter (including a cameo of Christian Bale in full Batman costume). The Electric Mayhem are performing in some dive bar in Alaska. Animal is in a celebrity rehab center for anger management. Lots of fun stuff here too.

-There is another fantastic sequence that involves the Muppets trying to get a celebrity to host their show that is full of great cameos (Ben Stiller, Steve Carrell, George Clooney, Jack Black, Mel Brooks, Matt Damon) and the villain in different disguises foiling their plans. It's very fun and reminds me of classic Muppet fun.

-Other cameos that I recall are Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt (in a Prada spoof) and Rachel Ray (cooking with the Swedish Chef).

-There a lot of fun flashbacks in the movie. There's a great bit where the Muppets resent Kermit for always getting to open The Muppet Show and he answers, very simply, "I was the only one who could fit into the O". Flashback to all of the other Muppets trying to fit and failing miserably.

-One of the best cameos, and nods to the past, is in a scene where Ms. Piggy ends up in jail. In the cell next to her is Charles Grodin, still incarcerated after The Great Muppet Caper.

-The one main new muppet is Walter. He is a nondescript brown puppet, so there's a funny running gag of everyone thinking he's something different (a talking blanket, a prairie dog, a beakless bird, an otter).

-On of the best bits happens late in the movie. The villain has a gun and plans on shooting Kermit (honestly, I don't remember why). Bunson switches the movie to "slow motion bullet time" and all of the Muppets start to pretend to be in slow motion while a small puppet bullet comes out of the gun on a stick being carried by another muppet who's making whooshing air noises. Fozzie walks in at regular speed, asks "what's going on", Kermit explains that they're in slo-mo, so Fozzie cooperates and starts moving slowly too. I can picture it, and it's a great bit.

-Finally, the film is scripted to end with a montage of all the Muppets and celebrities who have appeared singing "Mana Mana" from The Muppet Show.

Bad stuff-

-The movie opens with 2 Muppet executives heralding the return of The Muppets and introducing the title (The Greatest Muppet Movie Of All Time). It's not funny, we never see these characters again, and so it really makes no sense.

-Along those lines, the first 15 minutes or so are really flat with almost no jokes. It really picks up once they track down Kermit (in his big mansion where we get a little Willy Wonka joke), but it's a bit of a chore to get to that point. I hope they inject some fun here or people are going to check out.

-Like I mentioned, some of the spoofs are just not going to work. I mentioned the Swingers one. Another example is that we are reintroduced to Fozzie Bear at The Comedy Central Roast of Fozzie Bear where they've written in cameos for Bob Saget, Lisa Lampenelli, Jeffrey Ross, etc... Well this sounds funny now when they're showing these Roasts pretty regularly, but it sure is going to date this movie in 5 years when these C-listers are completely gone.

-They certainly tries to get all our favorite Muppets included, but there's only so much time. So there are a few who make appearances but get almost nothing to do or say: Scooter, Sweetums, and Pepe seem to take the biggest hit.

END SPOILERS

Overall- it is a strong script and I really, really like it. I hope they hammer it out, punch it up, make it faster and funnier, and we may finally get the return to form, and therefore the comeback, for The Muppets that we fans have been waiting for. We can hope, can't we?

If you use this, call me The Great Gonzo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 07:27 AM   #56
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,343
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Other than the new character, this picture only shows the classic TV characters.
I have no problem with this. Sure there are some decent post-Henson characters, but this movie focuses on The Muppet Show itself. Get this one right (and god-willing, make the Muppets popular again) and worry about bringing in the others in a sequel.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 07:50 AM   #57
DVD Talk Legend
 
chrisih8u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: A few miles north of the Cape
Posts: 18,296
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
For what it's worth:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40492

Spoiler:
The Great Gonzo Tells Us About The Script For The New MUPPET Movie - aka THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!


Merrick here...


I've been waiting for a new MUPPET MOVIE for a long time...and been really curious about what Segel & Stoller (FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL) have in store for us since being charged with bringing the Muppets back to the big screen.

The Great Gonzo sent in his thoughts after reading the film's script. The verdict? Pretty positive! And, as far as I know, this is the first time the film's title has been revealed anywhere.

I've a toddler who's already loving DVDs of the MUPPETS. Hopefully this'll be in theaters just about the time he's ready to sit through movies.


Here's The Great Gonzo...

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the script to the new Muppet Movie a.k.a "The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time!!!" (as theyre calling it) by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller. I've read it an thought I'd pass on my thoughts.

Before I get started, I think it's helpful to get my take on The Muppets. I LOVE THEM. I have a huge place in my heart for these characters and many of their adventures. However, I feel the Muppets have been completely misused and misunderstood since Jim Henson's death. I love The Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. I feel like all the Muppet films after Jim's death just didn't "get it". There was something missing. The characters were watered down... kiddified, if you will. Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space... ugh. They just didn't feel like true Muppet movies.

Anyway- keeping that in mind, how did I like the new script? Well, I'm going to start with the non-spoiler review and let you know my impressions. Then I'll go into some spoiler-iffic detail for those interested.

The movie revolves around The Muppets reuniting after a huge falling out to save The Muppet Studios in Hollywood. They have to put on a show in the Muppet Theatre and get 10 million viewers to save the Studios from an evil Texas oil tycoon. That's the quick version. How is it? It's a solid, if not spectacular script that, with a bit of work, could be really great.

What's good?

It's obvious that Segel and Stoller really have a lot of love for the Muppets so the characters all feel pretty spot-on. It's funny and silly, just as the Muppets should be. All the classic characters are in there: Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, The Electric Mayhem, Sam Eagle, Swedish Chef, Bunson and Beaker, Sweetums... etc.

They obviously worked really hard to include everyone. Interestingly, the only post-Jim Henson Muppet to appear in the script is Pepe. He has all of 3 lines so it feels as if they thought "well, we have to have him in there because he's popular but we don't have to give him much time". There are some reverent nods to The Muppet Show and the first 3 movies that really displays the writers' respect for Jim Henson's work. There are a lot of great cameos scripted as well. Of course, we'll see if they can actually get all the celebrities they want to, but it would be nice. It is a musical which, for me, is a plus and hopefully they'll be able to churn out some songs as memorable as we had in the original 3 Muppet movies.

What's not so good?

There are patches in the script that still feel kind of flat. They need some punching up. The script also includes a lot of spoofs, which is to be expected. But some of them are already incredibly outdated, or will be in 6 months (MINOR SPOILER- there's a short scene written with cameos from Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau that is a spoof of Swingers. Swingers?!?!?!? I love that movie but it is 13 years old! No one is going to get this).

The human characters that befriend the Muppets (Gary and Mary) are pretty bland and generic. I guess that's not surprising considering the outrageousness of the Muppets, but they have no real personalities. Also, I have always liked it when Piggy pursues Kermit but he's either aloof or not interested, like in The Muppet Movie. In this film, Kermit is in love with Piggy and acts like a jealous boyfriend. Not my favorite choice. Finally, I feel the climax of the film feels pretty small compared to the big finishes of The Muppet Movie or Muppets Take Manhattan.

SPOILERS:

Good stuff-

-A good part of the film takes place in and around Hollywood, which ties it nicely it to the ending of The Muppet Movie. They even reference the "Standard Rich and Famous Contract" that was signed at the end of that film.

-When Kermit decides to get the Muppets back together, he sends out the Muppet signal, ala the bat-signal. We then see where all the Muppets are and what they're doing. It's also a very funny sequences. Rowlf is working in a Kinko's run by cats. Gonzo is a crime fighter (including a cameo of Christian Bale in full Batman costume). The Electric Mayhem are performing in some dive bar in Alaska. Animal is in a celebrity rehab center for anger management. Lots of fun stuff here too.

-There is another fantastic sequence that involves the Muppets trying to get a celebrity to host their show that is full of great cameos (Ben Stiller, Steve Carrell, George Clooney, Jack Black, Mel Brooks, Matt Damon) and the villain in different disguises foiling their plans. It's very fun and reminds me of classic Muppet fun.

-Other cameos that I recall are Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt (in a Prada spoof) and Rachel Ray (cooking with the Swedish Chef).

-There a lot of fun flashbacks in the movie. There's a great bit where the Muppets resent Kermit for always getting to open The Muppet Show and he answers, very simply, "I was the only one who could fit into the O". Flashback to all of the other Muppets trying to fit and failing miserably.

-One of the best cameos, and nods to the past, is in a scene where Ms. Piggy ends up in jail. In the cell next to her is Charles Grodin, still incarcerated after The Great Muppet Caper.

-The one main new muppet is Walter. He is a nondescript brown puppet, so there's a funny running gag of everyone thinking he's something different (a talking blanket, a prairie dog, a beakless bird, an otter).

-On of the best bits happens late in the movie. The villain has a gun and plans on shooting Kermit (honestly, I don't remember why). Bunson switches the movie to "slow motion bullet time" and all of the Muppets start to pretend to be in slow motion while a small puppet bullet comes out of the gun on a stick being carried by another muppet who's making whooshing air noises. Fozzie walks in at regular speed, asks "what's going on", Kermit explains that they're in slo-mo, so Fozzie cooperates and starts moving slowly too. I can picture it, and it's a great bit.

-Finally, the film is scripted to end with a montage of all the Muppets and celebrities who have appeared singing "Mana Mana" from The Muppet Show.

Bad stuff-

-The movie opens with 2 Muppet executives heralding the return of The Muppets and introducing the title (The Greatest Muppet Movie Of All Time). It's not funny, we never see these characters again, and so it really makes no sense.

-Along those lines, the first 15 minutes or so are really flat with almost no jokes. It really picks up once they track down Kermit (in his big mansion where we get a little Willy Wonka joke), but it's a bit of a chore to get to that point. I hope they inject some fun here or people are going to check out.

-Like I mentioned, some of the spoofs are just not going to work. I mentioned the Swingers one. Another example is that we are reintroduced to Fozzie Bear at The Comedy Central Roast of Fozzie Bear where they've written in cameos for Bob Saget, Lisa Lampenelli, Jeffrey Ross, etc... Well this sounds funny now when they're showing these Roasts pretty regularly, but it sure is going to date this movie in 5 years when these C-listers are completely gone.

-They certainly tries to get all our favorite Muppets included, but there's only so much time. So there are a few who make appearances but get almost nothing to do or say: Scooter, Sweetums, and Pepe seem to take the biggest hit.

END SPOILERS

Overall- it is a strong script and I really, really like it. I hope they hammer it out, punch it up, make it faster and funnier, and we may finally get the return to form, and therefore the comeback, for The Muppets that we fans have been waiting for. We can hope, can't we?

If you use this, call me The Great Gonzo.
Oh, boy. That sounds like crap. And they already did a plot where they have to save the Muppet Theater from an evil buyer before time runs out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 08:26 AM   #58
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,929
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I have no problem with this. Sure there are some decent post-Henson characters, but this movie focuses on The Muppet Show itself. Get this one right (and god-willing, make the Muppets popular again) and worry about bringing in the others in a sequel.
My only problem is, Kermit has been a weak point in the newer films, so more of him and less of the new characters that actually work doesn't sound too great.


Actually, I guess songs is the biggest thing. If they can create some great songs, it'll be great, otherwise it'll likely just feel like the last few. No covers please.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 07:04 PM   #59
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: a mile high, give or take a few feet
Posts: 12,941
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

I like Pepe a lot, so it is kind of sad to see that there may be so little of him. However, any Muppets is good Muppets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 07:24 PM   #60
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Actually, I guess songs is the biggest thing. If they can create some great songs, it'll be great, otherwise it'll likely just feel like the last few. No covers please.


__________________
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 07:24 AM   #61
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,343
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Awesome.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 01:46 PM   #62
Time Lord
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 52,824
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

That video is awesome. "Plz don't blame the goat."
__________________
Never stop punching fascists.
Stop employing thugs and murderers: Abolish police, abolish the military.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-10, 04:32 PM   #63
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,523
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

If this movie has the full list of cameos they claim, then there won't be any room left for the muppets! On the positive side, it shows there's an incredible amount of support for them.
__________________
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 05:55 AM   #64
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,176
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Emily Blunt and Ricky Gervais have been confirmed for cameos

__________________
my collection
rank 'em as you see 'em: 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 09
october horror movie challenge: 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 09 | 08 | 07
holiday movie challenge: 12 | 11 | 10 | 09 | 08
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 08:50 AM   #65
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,201
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
For what it's worth:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40492

Spoiler:
Gonzo is a crime fighter (including a cameo of Christian Bale in full Batman costume).

One of the best cameos, and nods to the past, is in a scene where Ms. Piggy ends up in jail. In the cell next to her is Charles Grodin, still incarcerated after The Great Muppet Caper.
I just got hit with a tidal wave of awesome.
__________________
Ohwa Tagu Siam
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 08:58 AM   #66
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MN
Posts: 23,929
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Some pics from the set here:


http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2...f-the-muppets/
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 08:59 AM   #67
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 10,048
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Kind of wish Ricky Gervais wrote and starred in it. Then we could possibly have had more stuff like this.

__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657
Perhaps he did.

Last edited by E Unit; 12-02-10 at 10:38 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 09:36 AM   #68
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,354
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

^ how wonderfully awkward as only Ricky can do
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 12:49 PM   #69
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 54,343
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

I've never been on the Gervais bandwagon, but that's fucking hysterical.
__________________

Now Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn | Puzzle Craft 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 04:34 PM   #70
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Kind of wish Ricky Gervais wrote and starred in it. Then we could possibly have had more stuff like this.



__________________
So there's simultaneously a super secret team of giant robots and a super secret team of technologically enhanced super soldiers, and neither team knows about the other? The governments in these movies must be far more effective than our actual government. Well, damn it, I want some realism and mature adult themes in my giant robot and super soldier movies! - Suprmallet
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 04:45 PM   #71
Time Lord
 
Supermallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Termite Terrace
Posts: 52,824
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman9000 View Post
Wow, that Jason Segel Muppet looks just like the real thing!
__________________
Never stop punching fascists.
Stop employing thugs and murderers: Abolish police, abolish the military.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 04:53 PM   #72
DVD Talk Legend
 
E Unit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Hell, but currently heading North
Posts: 10,048
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Wonder if Frank Oz's hand is doing the work.
__________________
"Whoa, did Walter Goggins fuck your mother?" - Osiris3657
Perhaps he did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 03:24 PM   #73
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 21,523
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

I wanted to post a link to the trailer, but I guess it's only available in the theater.

Spoiler:
Which I have to say is a good way to do it. The way they trick you is great, and I knew both Jason Siegel and Amy Adams were in it, but it just didn't register to me it was one for the muppets until I saw Kermit.
__________________
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 05-22-11 at 04:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 03:32 PM   #74
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Kind of wish Ricky Gervais wrote and starred in it. Then we could possibly have had more stuff like this.

How the fuck did I miss this? Awkward...lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-11, 11:38 PM   #75
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Anus, Oils
Posts: 15,173
Re: Disney's Muppet Movie - News, Rumors, Cast, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post


Hilarious
__________________
The devil is a muthafuckin' liar, so you know I ain't worried, beeyotch! - (Reverend X)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0