Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man (2012, Marc Webb)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-Man (2012, Marc Webb)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
re: Spider-Man (2012, Marc Webb)

Originally Posted by joltman
You do know the Avengers movie is being made, and it's completely unrelated to the Spider-Man movies as the SM movies are by Sony and the Avengers is by Marvel themselves, right?
Dude just play along.

thnx
Old 01-23-10, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't this a little too early for a reboot? I think they should sit on this for 10 years.
Old 01-23-10, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I don't know if it's "angst" but I don't think he's either whimsical or pretentious in Brick, which for me is his best performance. I wouldn't call his role in Mysterious Skin either of those things either. Maybe in The Lookout he gets a bit pretentious (it's hard to play a disabled person without hitting some overly actor-y notes), but that isn't whimsical either. Hell, I wouldn't even call his character in 10 Things I Hate About You either of those things either. Comedic, obviously, but not full of whimsy.

What movie are you basing this on that isn't (500) Days of Summer?
Actually, I haven't watched any of his films. None that I can recall, at least. I'm basing this purely on his recent performance on SNL, where he sang and danced for the entire show. Plus, I hate his facial expressions.
Old 01-23-10, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
Isn't this a little too early for a reboot? I think they should sit on this for 10 years.

Actually, this "reboot" was already planned...SONY wanted Spider-Man IV in 2011 and this "young" Spidey movie in 2012...but just gave up and decided to nix Spider-Man IV when it became obvious they'd never get it into theaters by Summer 2011.
Old 01-23-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Actually, this "reboot" was already planned...SONY wanted Spider-Man IV in 2011 and this "young" Spidey movie in 2012...but just gave up and decided to nix Spider-Man IV when it became obvious they'd never get it into theaters by Summer 2011.
So they say. I think that's just their way of saving face and keeping damage control at a minimum.
Old 01-23-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
So they say. I think that's just their way of saving face and keeping damage control at a minimum.
yep. Launching one film with the main stars and then another completely unrelated the following year is not a shrewd business decision.
Old 02-04-10, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...er-parker.html

'Spider-Man' reboot: Logan Lerman may be next Peter Parker

By Hanh Nguyen

February 4, 2010 10:16 AM

Logan Lerman, star of the upcoming "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," may be up for the role of our favorite webslinger.

The 18-year-old actor has been in talks with Sony to play Peter Parker in the "Spider-Man" reboot, reports "Access Hollywood."

"There have been a few discussions, it's definitely something I'm looking into," Lerman told Billy Bush on Thursday, Feb. 4.

"It's one of my favorite characters ever and I'm a huge fan of the series," he added. "I'd love to have more conversations about it. I'm definitely very interested in it."

For those who wanted a relative unknown in the lead, Lerman might fit the bill, but perhaps not for long. He stars as the titular "Percy Jackson" (in theaters Friday, Feb. 12), a modern-day teenager who discovers he's the demigod son of Poseidon (Kevin McKidd), Greek god of the sea and earthquakes. In typical Greek fashion, he goes on a journey and comes across a number of fantastical creatures and events.

Check out a picture of Lerman (center) from "Percy Jackson":

Lerman played Bobby McAllister on the short-lived TV series "Jack & Bobby," winning a Young Artist Award for it. His earlier big-screen roles include "The Patriot," "What Women Want," "Riding in Cars With Boys," "Hoot" and "The Butterfly Effect" as the younger version of Ashton Kutcher's character.

It was his role in "3:10 to Yuma," playing the son of Christian Bale's character and opposite Russell Crowe, earned Lerman some well-deserved attention.

He's pictured here (right) with Bale:

Sony scrapped its original "Spider-Man" series of films, dropping director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire in order to revamp the franchise. The reboot centers on Peter Parker during his teen years. "(500) Days of Summer" director Marc Webb has signed on to direct the first film, which is due in theaters in Summer 2012.
Chris
Old 02-04-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I remember him being pretty good in 3:10 To Yuma.
Old 02-04-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd wager that his getting the part may be tied into how well Percy Jackson does.
Old 02-04-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wait, that's not Zac Efron in Percy Jackson?
Old 02-04-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Percy Jackson is going to do well as EREGORN or DRAGON BALL Z...that's the vibe it has..

I hope they pick someone prettier than him for Mary Watson. It would be a shame if he's the only pretty one cast...
Old 02-04-10, 02:27 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

he looks the part... why not?
Old 02-04-10, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmm...seems fine to me. Also for the love of christ...make MJ be that buxom party girl that Peter just can't get yet.
Old 02-04-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
hmm...seems fine to me. Also for the love of christ...make MJ be that buxom party girl that Peter just can't get yet.
NO!!! She should be a mopey sourpuss who resembles Skeletor!
Old 02-04-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
February 04, 2010
Logan Lerman as Spider-Man? Not so fast!

Logan Lerman is not in talks to play Peter Parker in the "Spider-Man" reboot.

Both Columbia Pictures and the actor’s camp have denied that Lerman, who stars as the title character in “Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief,” is the lead candidate for job. In an interview with Access Hollywood, Lerman reportedly said, “There have been a few discussions; it’s definitely something I’m looking into.” That has led to reports that Lerman is the new Parker.

While a “wide net” is being cast, according to a studio spokesman, “No offers have been made, nor have any business discussions been made with Lerman.”

The actor’s camp also confirms no business discussions are being held at this time.

The studio has yet to even close a deal with the film’s potential director, Marc Webb, who would helm what promises to be a much more lean and high school-focused movie than the Sam Raimi-Tobey Maguire predecessors.

Anything to do with Spidey is hot news, of course, but it’s one thing for an actor to say, “I’m very interested in it,” like Lerman did, and another to actually have the studio interested in him. At this stage, Sony is looking at all actors who could fit the bill of a high school teen and is compiling a list.

And Lerman is on that list.

Complicating Lerman's chances is his turn in "Percy Jackson," another mega franchise (which opens Feb. 12). If "Jackson" is a hit, Fox is likely to move fast on a sequel, thus tying Lerman up.
Old 02-04-10, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No Lergan Loman (whatever his name is)= No sale!

Old 02-04-10, 05:05 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

That guy's too young to have a "camp".
Old 02-04-10, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spider-Tot
Old 02-04-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Back when he was in consideration:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5KfHEoZDKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H5KfHEoZDKI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 02-04-10, 08:25 PM
Banned

This film is looking more and more like shit, especially by this line:

The studio has yet to even close a deal with the film’s potential director, Marc Webb, who would helm what promises to be a much more lean and high school-focused movie than the Sam Raimi-Tobey Maguire predecessors.
What is it with Hollywood's high school fetish?
Old 02-04-10, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Spider-Man was originally a nerdy high school kid in the comics, so Hollywood is pretty much going back to the original source material. I'm fine with that. If it's done right it could be interesting, and Marc Webb seems to get honest portrayals of young folks.
Old 02-04-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BJacks
Spider-Man was originally a nerdy high school kid in the comics, so Hollywood is pretty much going back to the original source material. I'm fine with that. If it's done right it could be interesting, and Marc Webb seems to get honest portrayals of young folks.
But why, oh why, must they keep going back? We just saw the Spider-Man in high school movie a few years ago. Why do we have to keep watching the origin stories of these characters over and over? At least Superman Returns had the balls to start a new chapter rather than begin with Ma and Pa Kent yet again.

I loved the first two Raimi films. And I don't think they need to be re-made. I was looking forward to a part 4, even with a new director and cast. But now they're rebooting with a kid that looks 12 and probably became famous from American Idol or the CW or some shit. Call me a stick in the mud, but I'm sitting this one out on principle. If I hear it's good, I'll just catch it on cable.

Last edited by lamphorn; 02-04-10 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-04-10, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lamphorn
But why, oh why, must they keep going back? We just saw the Spider-Man in high school movie a few years ago. Why do we have to keep watching the origin stories of these characters over and over? At least Superman Returns had the balls to start a new chapter rather than begin with Ma and Pa Kent yet again.

I loved the first two Raimi films. And I don't think they need to be re-made, and now with a kid that looks 12 and probably became famous from American Idol or the CW or some shit. Call me a stick in the mud, but I'm sitting this one out on principle. If I hear it's good, I'll just catch it on cable.
No....more like 8 yrs. ago.
Old 02-04-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by toddly6666
For people that didnt notice, i was just being sarcastic! I cant believe any spidey fan would want to see an army of venoms movie!
I'd just settle for Carnage and Venom
Old 02-04-10, 11:14 PM
Banned

Carnage is worse than Venom. I like Gargan as Venom now. They were able to put a use to that character now. The Brock angle wasn't working. Love him as a Thunderbolt in the comics.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.