Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers 3 Announced

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Transformers 3 Announced

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Transformers 3 Announced

Not a Leading Lady..but he loves Leading Ladies...Bruce Campbell. I know..I win.
Old 10-05-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I'll only see the sequel if Megan Fox is in it. Otherwise, why bother?

(Any way they could work Jason Statham and Ellen Page in there as well?)
Old 10-05-09, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
I'll go ahead and predict it'll be Transformers 3D. I'll also say that all of us that went to the first two and felt suckered after one or both of them will also go to this one. And feel suckered afterwards.
The only way I'll see this in the theater is if someone says it's 3x better than 1 and 2 combined. And it must be at least three times better, because that's the only way it could actually be "ok".
Old 10-05-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum

did the hot chick in 2 that was really a decepticon have a deformed thumb or something?
Old 10-06-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can we please get Dinobots this time!
Old 10-06-09, 05:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd say a sequel without Megan is a good thing... I could care less.

and what? no scenes this go around filmed in IMAX, given how he fucked those scene in 2, Bay shouldn't be allowed near an IMAX camera ever again.
Old 10-06-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by William Fuld
That sentence alone encapsulates everything that is wrong with the movie industry.
So... a film based on a show that was made to sell you toys is going to talk to the toy company that spawned it for new ideas on what they could use for a third movie and this is a bad thing?

Hell, these films are nothing more than ads to sell kids massive amounts of toys, party supplies, halloween costumes and whatever else.

While I don't like the transformers franchise, I can't fault them for doing the same thing they have been since they were a fucking cartoon.

Bring the third film on. I'll be glad to ignore it like I did the second one.
Old 10-06-09, 08:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
So... a film based on a show that was made to sell you toys is going to talk to the toy company that spawned it for new ideas on what they could use for a third movie and this is a bad thing?

Hell, these films are nothing more than ads to sell kids massive amounts of toys, party supplies, halloween costumes and whatever else.

While I don't like the transformers franchise, I can't fault them for doing the same thing they have been since they were a fucking cartoon.

I tried to ignore the second one, but alas, I'm succumbed to it, since I'm an IMAX whore ....
Old 10-06-09, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton

I have to say, you bring up something that fascinates me about people who are so critical of these kinds of movies (Transformers and G.I. Joe). They're based on cartoons made to sell toys. They're not translating the sacred scrolls! I thought the first Transformers was immensely entertaining, I just felt the second, while having a great action quotient, suffered from Michael Bay overload.
Old 10-06-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

it's about fighting robots, it's supposed to have lots of explosions. i'm surprised they didn't get MB to direct Transformers and GI Joe at the same time
Old 10-06-09, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Jason Statham was in it, he would destroy all the Transformers.
Old 10-06-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by al_bundy
it's about fighting robots, it's supposed to have lots of explosions. i'm surprised they didn't get MB to direct Transformers and GI Joe at the same time
I honestly do think that he would have been better suited for GI Joe than Sommers, though Sommers would have been my second choice.
Old 10-07-09, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I have to say, you bring up something that fascinates me about people who are so critical of these kinds of movies (Transformers and G.I. Joe). They're based on cartoons made to sell toys. They're not translating the sacred scrolls! I thought the first Transformers was immensely entertaining, I just felt the second, while having a great action quotient, suffered from Michael Bay overload.
I've said this a million times, but with the budget and talent behind these movies, why couldn't the script have been better? Why should we accept the bar being so low when it easily could have been much higher? Why not be BETTER than the source material instead of a billion times worse? Would that have been so hard to do?
Old 10-07-09, 12:38 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ie Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and let's throw in Iron Man with Hellboy 1 and 2 to be safe.
Old 10-07-09, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 482 Posts

Hmm. Crank 3: Transformers. I'd go for that... as long as it's no more than 80 minutes long (including end credits).

But, yeah, just because it's based on a cartoon doesn't mean it has to be a piece of shit. Heck, G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra was a live action 80's cartoon and, although I would have done some things very differently, it wasn't the offensive dreck that was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. And I can say the same of Transformers. There just was no reason for the sequel to sink into the levels of stupidity it reached.
Old 10-07-09, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Yes. Yes GIJoe was a big pile of shit.
Old 10-07-09, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

To each his own. I thought G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra was an enjoyable ride with only a few missteps (particularly "hurry! There's no time!" followed immediately by a poorly timed passionate kiss ). Yes, the CGI was mostly crap but the movie was fun and really brought out the kid in me in the best way possible.
Old 10-07-09, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Agreed. GI Joe demonstrated that it was possible to pull off this translation and make a fun movie without too many issues. And it gets major points for having zero dog fucking scenes...as opposed to TWO (...and kind of THREE) in TF2.
Old 10-07-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
To each his own. I thought G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra was an enjoyable ride with only a few missteps (particularly "hurry! There's no time!" followed immediately by a poorly timed passionate kiss ). Yes, the CGI was mostly crap but the movie was fun and really brought out the kid in me in the best way possible.
finally saw both in the last week and liked transformers a lot more

there was absolutely no reason to give Duke, Baroness and her brother all a common history
Old 10-07-09, 08:22 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by al_bundy
finally saw both in the last week and liked transformers a lot more

there was absolutely no reason to give Duke, Baroness and her brother all a common history
sure there was, it's called creative laziness.
Old 10-07-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well you could also argue that there was no reason to give Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and the Baroness a common history in the comics either. They just switched Duke for Snake Eyes in terms of central character linking the motivations of several antagonists (and adjusted their motivations accordingly). I was fine with that since it actually gave Duke purpose. In the comics Duke was sort of just there whereas practically everything revolved around Snake Eyes in some way.

My only gripes were the source of the Baroness' villainy and no real romance between her and Destro. I get that the
Spoiler:
nanites
are to setup a sequel but a sequel was already setup quite elegantly
Spoiler:
with Zartan as the President
at the end of the movie. Also, I liked The Doctor much better than Cobra Commander.
Old 10-07-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Hmm. Crank 3: Transformers. I'd go for that... as long as it's no more than 80 minutes long (including end credits).
Now you're talkin'. Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking, RocShemp. This is the Jason Statham/Megan Fox team-up I've been clamoring for.
Old 10-07-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Now you're talkin'. Glad to see you're coming around to my way of thinking, RocShemp. This is the Jason Statham/Megan Fox team-up I've been clamoring for.
I hate to admit it but I do like this idea. Make sure Louis Letterier directs and have Corey Yuen choreograph the fights and we'd have something kickass.

Oh and this'd be the movie where Megan Fox gets her wish of being naked during every single scene she's in. The movie begins with her in the shower when Jashon Statham crashes in whilst grappling with a Decepticon. She never gets a chance to put on so much as an inch of covering.
Old 10-07-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
sure there was, it's called creative laziness.
it actually reminded me of the star wars prequels where GL felt a need to do the same thing where Boba Fett was Jango Fett's son and linked to everyone instead of just a bounty hunter
Old 10-07-09, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well you could also argue that there was no reason to give Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, and the Baroness a common history in the comics either. They just switched Duke for Snake Eyes in terms of central character linking the motivations of several antagonists (and adjusted their motivations accordingly). I was fine with that since it actually gave Duke purpose. In the comics Duke was sort of just there whereas practically everything revolved around Snake Eyes in some way.

My only gripes were the source of the Baroness' villainy and no real romance between her and Destro. I get that the
Spoiler:
nanites
are to setup a sequel but a sequel was already setup quite elegantly
Spoiler:
with Zartan as the President
at the end of the movie. Also, I liked The Doctor much better than Cobra Commander.

it would be a boring movie if the leading character didn't utter a single word

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.