Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers 3 Announced

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Transformers 3 Announced

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Transformers 3 Announced

Originally Posted by RocShemp
So you want it to be another steaming pile of shit rather than a flawed yet enjoyable movie?

And don't give me your runtime BS because both movies are beyond two hours long with only 7 minutes difference between them. Also, neither is rated R.
I liked the 2nd one far more then the first too.
Old 10-01-09, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters.
I drove by the Hasbro factory tonight, they've got a big-ass Mr. Potato Head outside. I wonder if Kruger and Bay can work in a scene where Mr. Potato Head humps Mrs. Potato? It would probably be the longest shot in the flick.
Old 10-01-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

I wonder if Megan Fox has to give Michael Bay if big blow-job to get back into the series? Jennifer's Body wasn't the breakout role it needed to be for her to become a leading lady.

I think the sequel needs a couple of redneck robots on the Decepticon side that have a Big Rebel flag painted on them to chase around the Autbots that look somewhat like stereotypical images of black people. Maybe we can have the mom take a roofie and sleep with Sam's roommate, and then have Unicron show up with a big hose to drain earth that looks remarkably phallic.
Old 10-01-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I think the sequel needs a couple of redneck robots on the Decepticon side that have a Big Rebel flag painted on them to chase around the Autbots that look somewhat like stereotypical images of black people.
"I don't know 'bout you, but looks like them Duke bots opened up a whoooole mess o' trouble . . . "

At least this would give Bay another excuse to fetishize a muscle car, although do they allow non-GM products in these movies?
Old 10-01-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked parts of the second one more than the first, and parts of the first more than the second one.
Old 10-01-09, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I would love to see a Gran Torino and a Grand National duking it out in the next one. Or, make them reluctant teammates. Maybe the Torino can be Kup and the National can be someone like Hot Rod or Springer.

But, whatever new characters they add, they better not eclipse Ratchet and Ironhide. And no more 60+ pallet swapped robots nonesense this time around. No Transformer heaven. If the annoying roommate must return, have a random Decepticon kill him in the first 5 seconds. And no animals humping and no scenes of Sam's parents high on any kind of drugs. If a comedy sequence lasts longer than any one of the action sequences, cut the comedy sequence out of the movie. It probably sucks anyway.

And on the subject of Transformer heaven. Just have Prime explain that it was an interactive program stored inside the Matrix that was interfacing with Sam's brain. Overwhelmed, his mind interpreted the data as a sort of afterlife. At least that would fit with what the Matrix was in the post-animated movie seasons of the show.
Old 10-01-09, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If anything it should hint that Hot Rod will fuck it up with Prime fighting and THEN Hot Rod dies somehow. It'd make my inner child be content with the huge fuck up that Hot Rod committed in getting Prime get killed.
Old 10-01-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Bus
I liked parts of the second one more than the first, and parts of the first more than the second one.
What I liked about Transformers was that it took itself quite a bit more seriously than the second. But not too seriously. It was willing to have fun with the premise given how silly it really is. It was a big dumb action movie that took itself seriously enough when setting up the premise but then was willing to have fun with it once the ball started rolling. I liked the core group of Autobots. I actually liked the setup of Sam vying for Mikaela and how endearing Sam's parents were (even if way silly). And of course the action sequences (the desert fight versus Skorponok in particular) were great.

I didn't like Sam's best friend (though mercifully that pointless character gets ignored as quickly as he's introduced). Although Anthony Anderson was funny and Rachel Taylor was easy on the eyes, I felt that they served no real purpose given all they did was reiterate information we already knew and the only thing useful either of them did was send the morse code message to the military. All they needed to justify those two characters was have them find away to counteract the Decepticon virus. Instead, they serve no other purpose than to pad the runtime of an already bloated film. I also didn't like the excess amount of humour during the search for the glasses is Sam's house. Although the individual sequences were entertaining to varying degrees, there was just too much humour and the sequence grows tiring.

I applaud that they tried to have a great sense of fun with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Sadly, they mostly failed. But first the good. I liked the awesomeness of the Shanghai battle, the whole concept of the NEST team, Ravage's cool but all too brief assault on a military compound (complete with a blink-and-you-miss-it bloody shot of a soldier getting sliced vertically in half), the hotness of Isabel Lucas, the fantastic forest battle (this was the standout sequence of the film), and a delightfully gratuitous slo-mo shot of Megan Fox running towards the camera.

I hated the roommate. He was the signle most obnoxious character in the movie. He added nothing of value and there was no need for him 90% of the time. The only useful things he did was explain how they managed to get so many hot babes in their campus housing (he had a friend mess with the transcripts and had all those girls reassigned to live next door to them) and contact Simmons (why was he fired instead of reassigned to another govenment division?). Yes, dogs humping twice also irked me. And the less said of the thong shot later in the movie, the better. The robots didn't look as well rendered as they did in the first movie. Devastator was a pointless last minute character. The Fallen was just relaxing on an easy chair in Saturn? Really? Although Megatron and Starscream were made to be more like their cartoon counterparts, they went too far. Suddenly Megatron was a weakling and Starscream a coward. I bet he'd cower to Megatron, the Fallen, and Prime. But this is the robot that effortlessly beat the shit out of Ironhide and Ratchet at the same time during the climax of the first movie. Speaking of Ironhide and Ratchet, they were reduced to mere cameos. And regarding the climax, it occurs some 90 minutes into the movie. It was that kickass forest battle. Sadly, there was an hour left. The final fight of Prime vs The Fallen/Megatron/Starscream lasted less than a minute (Sam's mom high on pot brownies was about 2 and a half minutes long), happened at hyper speed, and the camera was placed about three inches away from Prime during the entire length of the action sequence. And the big battle in the desert that preceded it was incredibly boring. So the sequel ended in an anticlimax.

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
If anything it should hint that Hot Rod will fuck it up with Prime fighting and THEN Hot Rod dies somehow. It'd make my inner child be content with the huge fuck up that Hot Rod committed in getting Prime get killed.
I never hated Hot Rod but I did hate how whiney he became as Rodimus Prime. And his getting Prime killed for being reckless and then later saving the day by also being reckless was shitty character "development". I'd rather he and Prime be like Sawyer and Quartermain in the film adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Spoiler:
but without the older mentor biting it in the end.

Last edited by RocShemp; 10-01-09 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

I can't wait! More Arcee!!!!!
Old 10-01-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I can't wait! More Arcee!!!!!
Didn't she get killed off at the end of the second movie?
Old 10-01-09, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-01-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Didn't she get killed off at the end of the second movie?
Yeah. But it's kinda weird how they did that. She was 3 robots and at least 2 were seemingly killed. So the one that hid may or may not have survived.

Originally Posted by Wiki

Movie plot

In Revenge of the Fallen Arcee is accompianed by two similar Transformers, Chromia and Flareup (who are practically identical to Arcee except Chromia is blue and Flareup is purple) as they chased the Decepticon Sideways in an alley in Shanghai. They are later present when the Autobots face off with the Decepticons in Egypt, sent with Ironhide as an advance team to recover Sam. Upon finding Sam and Mikaela, Arcee and Flareup are hit by a missile, whilst Chromia is seen taking cover near a building. They are not seen for the rest of the film.
Old 10-01-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Neeb

I know huh? More Childhood Rape right? Bay is pulling a "Polanski"
Old 10-01-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah. But it's kinda weird how they did that. She was 3 robots and at least 2 were seemingly killed. So the one that hid may or may not have survived.
I didn't realize one of them may have escaped. I thought all three bit the dust.

Maybe Chromia went to play Uno with the MIA Barricade.

Last edited by RocShemp; 10-01-09 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-01-09, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by William Fuld
That sentence alone encapsulates everything that is wrong with the movie industry.
You do realize that the tv series and movies are based on toys and not the other way around, right?

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wonder if Megan Fox has to give Michael Bay if big blow-job to get back into the series? Jennifer's Body wasn't the breakout role it needed to be for her to become a leading lady.
Was it expected to be? How many leading ladies get their big break from horror flicks?
Old 10-01-09, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Being rushed? It's going on the same fucking timeline Paramount did with the first sequel which netted them $400 million domestically.
And the first sequel sucked all kinds of ass. Hence why he thinks the second one will do the same.
Old 10-02-09, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Well, I'm surprised they're rushing this out in two yrs... on the other hand just think of the upside... the sooner we'll get the fourth movie with a different crew.
Old 10-02-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Artman
Well, I'm surprised they're rushing this out in two yrs... on the other hand just think of the upside... the sooner we'll get the fourth movie with a different crew.
Pfft. If the third movie is half the shitfest the second one was, it'll make $300 million (or more) and ensure the same "writers" (yes, they wrote Star Trek but I have my doubts the script for TF:ROTF was anything more than some hastily scribbled phrases on some post it notes) and director are back for a fourth and maybe fifth outting.
Old 10-04-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

I wonder if they'll have Metroplex or Trypticon?
Old 10-04-09, 05:50 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Was it expected to be? How many leading ladies get their big break from horror flicks?
Jamie Lee Curtis leaps to mind.

As far this, I probably won't see it unless the word is that it's incredibly good.
Old 10-04-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts

I enjoyed the first one, didn't enjoy the second one. The second one had some awesome battles, but just too damn much of everything else. This third one, I will wait to hear what people are saying, and then maybe catch it as a matinee for a cheaper price. If people are saying it's worse than the second, I'll rent the blu-ray.
Old 10-04-09, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by bay
Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story.
Oh Michael Bay. Always bringing the funny.
Old 10-05-09, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad Boys 3.
Old 10-05-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

I'll go ahead and predict it'll be Transformers 3D. I'll also say that all of us that went to the first two and felt suckered after one or both of them will also go to this one. And feel suckered afterwards.
Old 10-05-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Jamie Lee Curtis leaps to mind.
I almost put her in my post as the exception, because I knew she'd be the go-to example. Not a lot of other names spring to mind though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.