Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Micmacs a tire-larigot (Jeunet, 2009)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Synopsis:
Centers on a character named Bazil (Dany Boon) who is the son of a bomb disposal expert who died in in the middle of the Moroccan desert as a result of a an explosive device. Years later Bazil is in a club and receives a stray bullet in the head. He survives but must live with the bullet wedged in his head, which causes some strange side effects. He loses his job and soon gathers a rag-tag group and sets out to take down the two weapons manufacturers, which caused his life's misfortune.

11 images

French-language teaser

IMDb
Old 07-01-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,016 Likes on 628 Posts
Re: Micmacs a tire-larigot (Jeunet, 2009)

I'm always excited to see something new from Jeunet. I've even turned my parents onto his films and they love them. (I think my dad has a crush on Audrey Tautou--but who doesn't?)
Old 07-01-09, 02:11 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting...
Old 04-28-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Starting to show around the US, figured I'd give this a bump.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/buarPFzHmBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/buarPFzHmBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-29-10, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. I forgot we even had a thread on this...one that I posted in....hrm.

Turns out we've got a review of it here on the site too.
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/43382/micmacs/

I've never thought of it but...Jeunet is kind of like France's Terry Gilliam. Except....Jeunet really loves to put forth a level of innocence in his film that reverberate strongly in his films. Moreso than Gilliam.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 04-29-10 at 01:58 AM.
Old 04-29-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's pretty good, but my least favorite from Jeunet (have not seen Alien Resurrection, though). It's like a live-action cartoon almost. Some cool nods to Delicatessen fans though.
Old 06-13-10, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Saw this last night. It was entertaining, but it seemed to be filled with whimsy and little heart, at least compared to his last two movies. Still recommended though.
Old 06-14-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just going to blind buy the UK Region B Blu-ray of this film which is getting released next week. It's only slightly more than seeing it a movie theater.
Old 06-24-10, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I'm just going to blind buy the UK Region B Blu-ray of this film which is getting released next week. It's only slightly more than seeing it a movie theater.
I did the same and got my copy today. Verdict? I LOVED it!!! I had never seen any of Dany Boon's work before and I thought he was spectacular. The rest of the cast were great and typical Jeunet quirky. Visually, the movie is absolutely stunning (like "Amelie"). And the BD knocked my socks off. I'm so happy with this purchase.
Old 06-24-10, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I did the same and got my copy today. Verdict? I LOVED it!!! I had never seen any of Dany Boon's work before and I thought he was spectacular. The rest of the cast were great and typical Jeunet quirky. Visually, the movie is absolutely stunning (like "Amelie"). And the BD knocked my socks off. I'm so happy with this purchase.
I got my blu-ray today too! Michael Moore would love this film. This movie is great! Keep a look out for the Delicatessen cameo. The video is very striking and the audio is great. Definitely a movie that needs to be seen in blu!
Old 07-24-10, 08:21 AM

Saw this yesterday in the theaters. Anyway I had no idea he was doing a movie, and by chance saw an ad in a local paper for this. I didn't have any expectations for the film, as I hadn't been anticipating it. Wasn't bad, but I was a bit disappointed. I love Jeunet, and have seen all of his movies, but this one fell short. It's like a marrige of Delicatessen, A Very Long Engagement, and Amelie that doesn't quite work. I guess I would have preferred Jeunet to take it in a slightly more realistic direction, like he did with Engagement. It's subject matter is weighty, but it isn't treated as such. I guess I enjoyed the message, but didn't like the delivery so much.

Anyway just a few thoughts on it.