Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Hangover (Phillips, 2009) — Bradley Cooper & Zach Galifianakis in Vegas comedy

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Hangover (Phillips, 2009) — Bradley Cooper & Zach Galifianakis in Vegas comedy

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: The Hangover (Phillips, 2009) — Bradley Cooper & Zach Galifianakis in Vegas comed

Very good comedy, but not up there with the likes of Old School or Road Trip. Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis really stole the movie, although I think they were intended to be the comedic punches in it. A bit uneven, but had some really funny moments in it.

Fuck AMC theaters by my house, for not even showing the credits. Once we saw the first picture at the, lights were on and their stupid advertising came on. I almost complained b/c I heard the credits stuff was pretty funny.
Old 06-05-09, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The Hangover (Phillips, 2009) — Bradley Cooper & Zach Galifianakis in Vegas comed

Originally Posted by Deftones
Very good comedy, but not up there with the likes of Old School or Road Trip.
I thought Road Trip was horrible, so this is not something I wanted to hear.
Old 06-05-09, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good comedy, but not up there with the likes of Old School or Road Trip. Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis really stole the movie, although I think they were intended to be the comedic punches in it. A bit uneven, but had some really funny moments in it.

Fuck AMC theaters by my house, for not even showing the credits. Once we saw the first picture at the, lights were on and their stupid advertising came on. I almost complained b/c I heard the credits stuff was pretty funny.
If you did not get to see the credits then I would have asked for a pass to come back. about the first 3-4 minutes of the credits photos are shown of the events that happened during there blackout period of the night. There was about 10 really really laught out and about 5 total gross out photos
Old 06-05-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk God

yeah, i figured as much. i should've. pissed me off since i knew there was stuff. even people in the crowed were pissed as they seemed to know there was stuff with the credits. they also didn't have sound during part of the trailers so it's not surprising they cut them off. i'll just wait until blu-ray so i can see them.
Old 06-05-09, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome movie. Totally vulgar with little redeeming value but plenty of yucks. It was really the Zach Galifianakis show, he made the movie. The others were good too but he got the best lines. I agree with the trailer ruining the Mike Tyson cameo. It was good but not so good it could survive the spoiler.

8/10
Old 06-05-09, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I love Road Trip but was totally underwhelmed by Old School. Will I enjoy this as much as the trailers make me think I will?
Old 06-05-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought this was as good as Road Trip or Old School. It's basically Bachelor Party meets Dude Where's My Car? but the cast is so damn good that it becomes something special. Galifianakis was awesome, had some great lines and it's really a star making turn. Ed Helms was wicked and I think Bradley Cooper got some good moments too...but it's really THE BABY who steals the movie (the first half anyhow). I love that baby. So funny. I'll have to see this again since the packed house went apeshit for it and I literally missed 1/2 of the dialogue due to laughter (and the volume was sort of low)... that's how you know a comedy really works - when you have to see it again just to catch all the lines. This will definitely be a huge hit.
Old 06-05-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really liked this movie. But I'm a bit biased because I'm a big Galifianakis fan. I really thought that Bradley Cooper was pretty amazing as "that guy." I'm also a big Office fan too so I loved Ed Helms.

There were a few things I had problems with though. I hated all the rap music. I also didn't really care for the Asian crime boss character. Get it, he's foreign and he's saying motherfucker. Hilarious!
Old 06-06-09, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why didn't you complain? Just tell them you paid to see "The Hangover" and they didn't show the full thing (the credits are part of the movie, especially if they have scenes in them). Therefore, you either want a refund or a free ticket. It's not even asking for much. They are showing the movie, so if they weren't going to show the full thing then you shouldn't have to pay full price.
Old 06-06-09, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seantn
Why didn't you complain? Just tell them you paid to see "The Hangover" and they didn't show the full thing (the credits are part of the movie, especially if they have scenes in them). Therefore, you either want a refund or a free ticket. It's not even asking for much. They are showing the movie, so if they weren't going to show the full thing then you shouldn't have to pay full price.
Exactly. I worked at a movie theater, and even the employees know that people need to complain more than they do. If you don't complain, they won't fix their shit.

I guess the movie made $17m Friday.
Old 06-06-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Exactly. I worked at a movie theater, and even the employees know that people need to complain more than they do. If you don't complain, they won't fix their shit.

I guess the movie made $17m Friday.
At mine I paid the customary $357 for a large popcorn and it was terrible. We didn't end up eating it. By the time we got out of the show there was no one around so I didn't say anything but I should have tracked down a manager. Too much money to waste on crappy food.
Old 06-06-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JimRochester
At mine I paid the customary $357 for a large popcorn and it was terrible. We didn't end up eating it. By the time we got out of the show there was no one around so I didn't say anything but I should have tracked down a manager. Too much money to waste on crappy food.
What the fuck kinda movie theater do you go to?!
Old 06-06-09, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

[sarcasm]$357[/sarcasm]

Actually it was $16.50 for large popcorn and 2 large drinks. So it was like $7 and I don't think we ate 1/2 of it. It was pretty bad, but somehow I'd grab a handful just because the bag was sitting there.
Old 06-06-09, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, okay. I though you meant to type $3.57 but the actual number struck me as funny.
Old 06-06-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RagingBull80
There were a few things I had problems with though. I hated all the rap music. I also didn't really care for the Asian crime boss character. Get it, he's foreign and he's saying motherfucker. Hilarious!
I liked him. He was good in Role Models and great in this.
Old 06-06-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Seantn
probably out of pure laziness i guess. i didn't feel like getting into an argument with some manager for a refund or free ticket.
Old 06-06-09, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The funniest film I've seen in the 15 last years!!!!
Old 06-06-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I've seen a few people saying it was like an adult version of "Dude, Where's My Car?" but when Carlos showed up I got kind of a "Three Men and a Baby" vibe, so I loved it when it cut to a scene mid conversation where Alan was saying something like "It had Ted Danson and Magnum P.I. and that Jewish guy..."
Old 06-06-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very fun flick. Loved every minute of it.

Can't wait to see it again...as I know I missed a few things.
Old 06-06-09, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with the majority on this one. Movie was brilliant. Haven't laughed that hard in a theatre in a long, long time. Everyone else seemed to have enjoyed it too. The showing I went to was at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Friday and there were a lot of adults in there. Very fun movie.
Old 06-06-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Probably my fav of the year so far... The wife and I were rolling!!
Old 06-06-09, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Probably my fav of the year so far... The wife and I were rolling!!
Well that makes almost anything funny
Old 06-06-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
Well that makes almost anything funny
Yeah
Spoiler:
no roofies here!!!!
Old 06-06-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Saw this with a buddy of mine and we had a fucking blast. Probably one of the funniest laugh out loud Guy comedies I have seen ever. For such an oddball cast, I thought everyone had great chemistry.

Not a fan of Ed Helms on The Office, but I thought his character was riotously funny here.

Highly recommended!!
Old 06-06-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fucking LOVED this, saw it at midnight on Thursday as well. Save Wedding Crashers which I hate profusely, I've been huge on all the big R-rated comedies of the past few years, and this was no exception. Loved all three leads (I loved all three, but I have to admit Bradley Cooper's condescending "friend" was my favorite, but Galifianakis and Helms OWNED), and infinitely quotable. More than ripe for repeat viewings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.