Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Rambo: Last Blood (2019, D: Adrian Grunberg) S: Stallone

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Rambo: Last Blood (2019, D: Adrian Grunberg) S: Stallone

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Stallone says Rambo will return soon

Originally Posted by Artman
Wouldn't Teasle be like 70-80 yrs old now? I don't see how he can be used in any way but a cameo, which i wouldn't mind seeing.
They could make him the commander of the team Rambo is in. Teasel wouldn't be in the field but he'd give the orders and relay intel. Then maybe toward the tail end of the movie they could have him captured a'la Trautman in Rambo III.
Old 09-06-09, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this idea doesn't make sense to me. so Rambo is going to be hunting Universal Soldiers? is Van Damme in it? I thought the mexican thing was bad but this is not good. Also, why would Rambo do anything for the government after what happened in all the prior ones. he always gets used by the military/government why would he work with them? For those that say Teasle is too old, a cameo is sufficient of him commanding/training his kids to get Rambo for what he did in the first film for some sort of revenge.
Old 09-06-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

had to look up more on this and actually over an AICN there's a voice mail from Sly and it mentions the confussion and the univeral soldier things. now it soulds like Rambo is hunting wolverine.
Old 09-07-09, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I just want a simple movie like First Blood, with Rambo trying to live a quiet life with his father, gets fucked with and kills some people.
Old 09-07-09, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck
I just want a simple movie like First Blood, with Rambo trying to live a quiet life with his father, gets fucked with and kills some people.

Have him work on the farm and everyone just take him for a simple ranch hand and nothing more. Then some bad guys come into town, they start some shit, and John plays it cool. ...until they fuck with his dad.
Old 09-07-09, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Add me to the list of people that liked the first idea much, much better.
Old 09-07-09, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just hope that they give the character a good ending.
Old 09-07-09, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Update:

So, according to a voicemail left for AICN's Harry, Rambo will be fighting some primitive, primordial beast. A being of pure rage and vicious instinct. So, basically: Rambo vs. Predator.
Old 09-07-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Update:

So, according to a voicemail left for AICN's Harry, Rambo will be fighting some primitive, primordial beast. A being of pure rage and vicious instinct. So, basically: Rambo vs. Predator.
boo!
Old 09-07-09, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Huh? Does he mean that literally or figuratively? I can see it being that his opponent is so out of control and deadly that he's the embodiment of pure rage and vicious instinct. But if it's Rambo versus a monster...
Old 09-07-09, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Oh man, the Shark is warming up...
Old 09-07-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by stingermck
Oh man, the Shark is warming up...
I'm hoping this is all misdirection and/or miscomunication. If not, I guess we'll get Rambo In Space after this.
Old 09-07-09, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First it sounded like the US gov't was doing a universal/Spartan soldier thing..now it looks like...I don't know wtf Stallone was saying that voicemail. I could barely understand him..lol..but the way he explained it was like Rambo would be fighting a soldier with rabies or something..fuck..I dunno.
Old 09-08-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

stallone's voice in that voicemail is unbelievable, you can't understand anything.
Old 09-08-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently for a decade Stallone has had the option on a book called HUNTER by James Byron Huggins - which has this exact same plot, but sub in RAMBO for the main character instead... I really want a new Rambo movie but this doesn't sound like a great direction for the series. These are my Dad's favourite movies and he hates a lot of sci-fi/monster/beast sort of stuff, so I'm sure he'll be pretty depressed if this ends up being the new Rambo... however, I'm gonna give that novel a try and see how it is.
Old 09-08-09, 01:34 PM
Banned

I was hoping for Rambo vs. Muslium terrorists .
Old 09-08-09, 10:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

You see, Stallone has owned the film rights to the novel "Hunter" by James Byron Huggins for about 10 years, and it looks like he's adapting that book as the next "Rambo" film. Here's the synopsis for the newly-titled Rambo 5: The Savage Hunt:

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

And here is the official description of James Byron Huggins' "Hunter":

One of Hollywood's hottest action-film writers, James Byron Huggins is a master at keeping the action rolling and the pages turning. Here, the author of Cain ("may be the thriller of the year" -- BookPage), unleashes a lightning-quick tale that pits a man born out of his time against the future's deadliest creation.

Nathaniel Hunter could track anyone -- or anything -- on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Arctic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Hunter can't turn down, but he soon discovers that his prey is terror incarnate, a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Hunter survives its unrelenting hunger for human blood, he'll still have to confront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.

Are Stallone's rights to the novel expiring soon to where he has to make a film soon? We may never know, but here is a poster that Stallone told AICN is debuting at the Toronto Film Festival.

UGH!!!!
Old 09-08-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

I loved the last film, and this just sounds terrible. Man, I thought he was figuring things out after Rocky Balboa and Rambo, but this does not sound good. Please be misdirection.
Old 09-08-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I thought Stallone finally got it. He knows what his fans want - this won't start shooting for awhile, maybe the fan outcry will get him to change his outlook.
Old 11-15-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

E mail from Sly to fansite Stallonezone:

From Sly

Hi Craig,

This is from Sly to your followers:

To all the loyal SZoners out there,

I’m letting you know that Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. RAMBO himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished .

There will be blood.

Best,
Sly Stallone

http://stallonezone.com/wordpress/?p=1847
Old 11-15-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still haven't seen the fourth movie. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of the series. I thought the first one was good, though. I like the Rambo character better than the movies.
Old 11-15-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't really care if they make another one. After First Blood they kinda sucked anyway. The second one sucked, the third was ok and I refuse to see the fourth one. It looks like mindless garbage. After First Blood, which I love, they just went down hill and in a way ruined the character of Rambo for me.
Old 11-15-09, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Man
I don't really care if they make another one. After First Blood they kinda sucked anyway. The second one sucked, the third was ok and I refuse to see the fourth one. It looks like mindless garbage. After First Blood, which I love, they just went down hill and in a way ruined the character of Rambo for me.
The fourth film was mindless gore which was awesome. The whole series - First Blood included - is like that.
Old 11-15-09, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well the 1st one had a story to which seemed more realistic. 2 was always trippy thing to see. I love 3 the most cuz...I grew up watching it on VHS all the time when I was kid. Also...Rambo vs. Hind is great stuff. *sigh* I miss my childhood. It was probably the film I saw the most. 4 was good. 1 was the best of the series, no doubt.
Old 11-15-09, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mcfly
The fourth film was mindless gore which was awesome. The whole series - First Blood included - is like that.
No, not really. The first film told the story or a ex green berett (spelling?) who has a rough time fitting back into society and is sick of not being appreciated for what he did in Vietnam. It show more then just the violent side of Rambo, it shows the emotional side of what he is doing. It goes deeper then just blood and guts, where as the others are just mild less shoot 'em up movies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.