Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Bitch Slap

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-08, 08:47 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Bitch Slap

click the link for the best trailer you'll see this week........

http://www.bitchslapmovie.com/
Old 09-15-08, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
BRILLIANT.

pure genius, thanks for the smile!
Old 09-15-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Christmas 2008. That makes it eligible for Oscar contention, no?
Old 09-15-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
click the link for the best trailer you'll see this week........

http://www.bitchslapmovie.com/
...if it's the only trailer I see this week.
Old 09-03-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Bitch Slap

Man, I missed this one. My friend just sent me this over an e-mail. That has to be the best movie trailer I have ever seen, only to be eclipsed by the title!
Old 09-03-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crazy. This will be playing at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Old 09-04-09, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001
Crazy. This will be playing at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Got my tickets to this confirmed a few days ago, although I'm skeptical that anyone could "do" Russ Meyer better than Russ Meyer. These gals don't look half bad, but they're no Tura or Haji.
Old 12-27-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This movie is just bad, awful, one of the worst films of the year. It's not a "it's so bad, it's good movie" either. Just awful.
Old 12-28-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hardly. It's definitely not a "so bad it's good movie" because it's actually quite good. As I suspected above, only Russ Meyer can do Russ Meyer, but this production deserves credit for channeling the spirit of his mid- to late-60's films a great deal of the time (so for people who haven't seen them, something will be missing, and the filmmakers have no intention of 'splainin' it to you), and adding their own—somewhat less successful—"fantasy/spy" cosmetics. I firmly believe the master would have been modestly impressed, even if he knew he could have done this better in his heyday.
Old 12-28-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Brian, how can this be a good movie? The montage of this "classic genre" at the beginning of the movie didnt make the movie any better. U can say that u liked the movie or u can say that this movie was entertaining, but this movie is just a bad amateurish piece of shit film. If Tarantino directed the film, then there would be the chance of it being a good movie. It's not even a good B-movie.

I look forward to what other people think of this film.
Old 12-29-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't say I saw a fun moment in the trailer. It looks like it was all filmed in some dusty RV parking lot.
Old 12-29-09, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
I can't say I saw a fun moment in the trailer. It looks like it was all filmed in some dusty RV parking lot.
You are close enough - the whole film is filmed in an empy dusty area of the desert in Arizona or Nevada. The set design is a car and a Winnebago.
Old 12-30-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Bus
It was shot in the desert, just like many of Russ Meyer's films. This is completely and utterly an homage to the overblown world of Russ Meyer, only amped up with more flash than it probably needed. This does not mean the film can't be enjoyed—or hated, evidently—if you haven't seen his pictures. It just means the experience is lessened considerably without that context, and considering how under-the-radar his films are these days (and overpriced in R1), that will likely be the case for a lot of people tempted to pick it up. As much as I'm saddened when that happens, the filmmakers did choose a very specific idol to worship here.

I do not think it's a great film (I could've done without the stunt casting of friends-of-the-director Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless). I do think it's a movie that is reasonably worthy of it's obvious inspiration, and will provide modest rewards to some more than others, but Meyer could have done it sooo much better.

Originally Posted by toddly6666
You are close enough - the whole film is filmed in an empy dusty area of the desert in Arizona or Nevada. The set design is a car and a Winnebago.

This is not true. Of course.

The present-day sequences were indeed shot in the desert, with the main "set" being a beat-up old trailer and the valley around it. The flashbacks, and there are a lot of them, were filmed in a studio using plenty of green-screen and CGI for a deliberately phony sense of heightened reality. Do some research.

Last edited by Brian T; 12-30-09 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-30-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brian T

The present-day sequences were indeed shot in the desert, with the main "set" being a beat-up old trailer and the valley around it. The flashbacks, and there are a lot of them, were filmed in a studio using plenty of green-screen and CGI for a deliberately phony sense of heightened reality. Do some research.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say "whole" film. I meant the majority of the film was set in the desert, not including the lousy green-screen CGI scenes. One would think that there are tons of big-breasted decent actresses in Los Angeles. Why did they choose the worst ones? Did they get these actresses from the team of Youtube bikini girls that recite famous lines from movies? Oh yeah, it's a homage to Russ Meyer actresses being bad. Such genius filmmaking.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4h-qsbr41Zc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4h-qsbr41Zc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Homage, Smomage. Who cares? Did you ever see Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow or Monarch of the Moon? Those are homages too - one big budget and one small budget. Do you know what they both share in common? Suckness.

Last edited by toddly6666; 12-30-09 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-01-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Gotta agree with toddly. Horrible, horrible movie.
Old 01-14-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For anyone that likes this crappy movie, the Thai PAL DVD is now available for 10 bucks at http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=51002

Anamorphic and DD 5.1 English
Old 03-06-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Saw this last night courtesy of Netflix.

I recommend this movie if you:
A) Are a fan of old Russ Meyer films
B) Enjoy comic books done by Image Comics like Danger Girl, or drawn by the late Michael Turner (comic book fans know of what I speak).
C) Are about two beers shy of a six-pack

The best way is D, all of the above. But I have to say, if part C is not present, you have no business viewing this in any way, shape, or form.
Old 03-06-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Danger Girl would make an awesome movie....The Playstation 1 video game of Danger Girl is probably my favorite game after Metal Gear Solid and Syphon Filter...
Old 03-07-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

What's sad is that they never showed any of the main stars' goodies in this one. Erin Cummings apparently has no problem with nudity, as she bares it all on Spartacus about every week.
Old 03-08-10, 01:36 AM

Izzit true the stunt chick from death proof is in this as well?
Old 03-08-10, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutRun2
Too bad the internet is shut down for the night or you could find this out.
Old 03-08-10, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OutRun2
Yes, as are Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, and Kevin Sorbo. I'm guessing they're all cameos.
Old 03-08-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Great name but afraid I will pass on this one.
Old 03-08-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts

Yea it was pretty bad, BUT the women are hotttt. The girl in the low cut tank top is just drop dead gorgeous. There's a nice little lesbian makeout scene too.

I'd buy the dvd for 5 bucks or so.
Old 03-08-10, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried watching it (rented it) but it felt longer than Avatar somewhere about an hour into the movie. Very slow and painful to watch. No where near the quality that is Planet Terror or even the decent B-movie spoof Black Dynamite.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.