Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: New LIVE ACTION Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film in the works...

I liked the CG TMNT movie, haven't seen the new animated one yet. I think if they make a new live action film it should follow the tone of the very first film.

I can watch it now, and it still captures my interest.
Old 11-06-09, 11:56 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They need to get a great special edition for that film btw. It was kinda dark too..really cool flick.

I love this scene. The guys in those suits really could move in them too. I miss a gritty TMNT...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-07-09 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-07-09, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
They need to get a great special edition for that film btw. It was kinda dark too..really cool flick.
This.

Yeah I remember getting the graphic novel as a gift months before the movie came out and I was blown away by how close the movie was to the comic. Sadly the second film loses some (ok a lot) of that darkness, and sad that we never got a solid end to the trilogy.
Old 11-07-09, 12:15 AM
Banned

I remember seeing TMNT3 (FUCK, not putting in that number fucked up my point) in theaters...was probably at the most 7 yrs. old and I felt robbed. It was ok...just...eh. TMNT 1 kicked sooo much ass. 2 was fun, but not great. 3 was just a wtf kind of thing for me back in the day...and I assume now.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-08-09 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-07-09, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
well... Peter Laird has officially sold the Ninja Turles to Nickelodeon (Viacom). So our hopes for a gritty/dark Turtles flick might be be completely for naught.

Official press release:
http://www.viacom.com/news/Pages/new...px?RID=1344566
What. The. Fuck.

Nickelodeon shows nowadays are a lot of adult humor.. but I just hate this news. Wow. Very disappointing.
Old 11-07-09, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember seeing TMNT in theaters...was probably at the most 7 yrs. old and I felt robbed. It was ok...just...eh. TMNT 1 kicked sooo much ass. 2 was fun, but not great. 3 was just a wtf kind of thing for me back in the day...and I assume now.
You were 7 when the new TMNT came out in 2007? I thought you were studying film in college?
Old 11-07-09, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing TMNT in theaters...was probably at the most 7 yrs. old and I felt robbed. It was ok...just...eh. TMNT 1 kicked sooo much ass. 2 was fun, but not great. 3 was just a wtf kind of thing for me back in the day...and I assume now.
that would make you like... 9 or 10 years old? Isn't it past your bed time?
Old 11-07-09, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I love this scene. The guys in those suits really could move in them too. I miss a gritty TMNT...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz5rx6o6Vt8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
The part where Spliter shows up is why movies are good. I hadn't watched this in five-or-so years. But I remember being blown away by that part ... what I was like 20. Funny, I didn't notice how downplayed it is when Casey hits the trash compactor. I never got that before. Different times, different times.

And, you guys, TMNT came out in the 1990-or-so. Unless you're nitpicking about grammar or the way he spelled it or something. I think you're thinking of the animated movie. That makes Snake twenty-something. Am I missing something?

The third was definately 'weird', even way back when. It'd compare it to Die Hard 4. It's alright. And most-everyone's there. But it's just a little off and akward.
Old 11-07-09, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They're just being dicks because the abbreviation of the first movie matches the actual name of a different movie. It's the DVD Talk way.
Old 11-08-09, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcfly
You were 7 when the new TMNT came out in 2007? I thought you were studying film in college?
ah fuck me. I meant TMNT 3. It's 3 that made me like TMNT a little bit less. I'm 23...haha. So yeah..TMNT 3 is what I meant...and yes, I'm going for film in college. The University of North Texas btw....

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-08-09 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-08-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by troystiffler
And, you guys, TMNT came out in the 1990-or-so. Unless you're nitpicking about grammar or the way he spelled it or something. I think you're thinking of the animated movie. That makes Snake twenty-something. Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something. The 4th film is called TMNT. That's its name.

He corrected himself in the post above this.
Old 11-10-09, 01:55 AM

Old 11-10-09, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see this posted yet:

Turtles Forever is an animated movie in which the Ninja Turtles from the 2003 series meet up with the Turtles from the 1980s series. It's going to air 11/21/09 on 4Kids TV at 10 am which will apparently be its one and only airing.

Here's a link with a little more info: http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/catch-...urtles-forever
Old 11-10-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
I didn't see this posted yet:

Turtles Forever is an animated movie in which the Ninja Turtles from the 2003 series meet up with the Turtles from the 1980s series. It's going to air 11/21/09 on 4Kids TV at 10 am which will apparently be its one and only airing.

Here's a link with a little more info: http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/catch-...urtles-forever

Indeed. I heard there was gonna be a trailer online somethime this week.

edit: here it is.

http://www.4kidstv.com/tmnt/tmnt-25th-montage/0025

Last edited by Jedi Master 33; 11-10-09 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-11-09, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't have cable so I guess i'll have to wait for the DVD. Shame really because that looks pretty awesome.
Old 11-21-09, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Turtles Forever airs tommorow morning{Saturday} at 10AM on the CW. There's a good chance this won't make it to DVD, so if you want to watch it, you might wanna set your DVRs.
Old 11-21-09, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
Turtles Forever airs tommorow morning{Saturday} at 10AM on the CW. There's a good chance this won't make it to DVD, so if you want to watch it, you might wanna set your DVRs.
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I would have for sure missed it.
Old 11-21-09, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33
I also don't have DVR
Old 11-23-09, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TF was awasome. If you are/were a TMNT fan, you owe yourself to watch it. My one problem with it is that they really overdid the 80's turtles. They were not THAT corny. Plus the VAs they got for them sucked{Leo doesn't even sound like Leo}.

No word on the DVD as of yet. This will be airing again on the CW4KIDS over the next three weeks as three seperate episodes, and apperently it will be the 4KIDS website in December.
Old 05-28-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From DHD:

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Fuck.
Old 05-28-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Vomit
Old 05-28-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess Bay being involved means that Krang's giant mechanical suit is going to come with a pair of swinging balls.
Old 05-28-10, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd rather Bay direct himself then just Platinum Dunes being involved.
Old 05-28-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
From DHD:

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon have brought Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form on to produce Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action film that reboots the film series launched by New Line in 1990. Bay, Fuller and Form will produce with Galen Walker and Scott Mednick.

The producers will begin meetings with writers in the next few weeks. The deal puts Bay in the center of two Paramount franchises, as he started production May 17 on Transformers 3, and is zeroing in on Rosie Huntington-Whitely to replace Megan Fox as love interest for Shia LaBeouf. TNMT, a co-production between Paramount and Nickelodeon, is an outgrowth of the $60 million acquisition made by Nick last October for global rights to the entire Turtles franchise. Right around the same time, Paramount made a first look deal with the Platinum Dunes partners, who will generate genre projects but also want to expand their scope. While they've already set up several projects including a Rob Cohen-remake of Fright Night, the Turtles film puts them into new territory.

Fuck.
I met Rich Magallanes, the frontrunner of the new Nickelodeon TMNT animated series. He's a great guy and I look forward to see what he creates. But a Platinum Dunes live action remake...?

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd rather Bay direct himself then just Platinum Dunes being involved.
I'd hate to see martial arts in Bay-Vision.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-28-10 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-28-10, 11:18 AM

oh lord...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.