Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Old 01-23-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Where was the Wayne house filmed at? Not sure if Bruce has finished rebuilding it yet.
Old 01-23-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

According to IMDb, it was filmed in Buckinghamshire, England (Mentmore Towers). And I think Wayne Manor and the Batcave will both be done for TDKR. That would be somewhat disappointing to me if they aren't (the cave especially).

I would assume the time from the end of BB to the beginning of TDKR would be enough time to rebuild Wayne Manor and get the batcave set up (at least partially).
Old 01-23-11, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Where was the Wayne house filmed at? Not sure if Bruce has finished rebuilding it yet.
That would be Mentmore Towers.

The house has appeared in many films, including Terry Gilliam's Brazil (1985), Slipstream (1989), Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut (1999), Philip Kaufman's Marquis de Sade biopic Quills (2000), The Mummy Returns (2001), Ali G Indahouse (2002), Johnny English (2003), and Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins (2005) where it was used as the gothic Wayne Manor.

In 1982 director Howard Guard filmed the Roxy Music video to "Avalon", starring Sophie Ward, at the house. It also served as the filming location of Enya's Dan Nathan-directed "Only If.." (1997) and the Spice Girls Howard Greenhalgh-directed "Goodbye" (1998) music videos.
Old 01-23-11, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

It doesn't make a boatload of sense to me for the cave to be done, especially if he's on leave from being a superhero. Or did I misinterpret that, kind of set it up for Gotham to take care of themselves.
Old 01-23-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
It doesn't make a boatload of sense to me for the cave to be done, especially if he's on leave from being a superhero. Or did I misinterpret that, kind of set it up for Gotham to take care of themselves.
Doesn't mean he wouldn't have the equipment set up for surveillance and such. All the end of TDK meant was the police would be chasing him rather than aiding him since everyone except Gordon (plus Lucius and Alfred of course) believes Batman is a cop killer.

He'll probably do some soul searching (after all the love of his life was killed) but he's not giving up being Batman since, as Gordon said, "he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it." He'll be working even more underground thus needing to step up surveillance.
Old 01-24-11, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Right, there's a little left to interpretation at the end of TDK. We'll see.
Old 01-24-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The police are chasing Batman, not Bruce. So Bruce could keep working on the house and just dust off the batcave.
Old 01-24-11, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure why it's so improbable. The mansion was worked on throughout the time between BB and TDK (which was, what, 6 months - 1 year) and TDK and TDKR which who knows how much time will have passed for it to be mostly completed. And as Ranger suggested, Bruce will be able to do some work and no doubt Alfred will have some free time as well (with the help of Lucius).
Old 01-24-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think i'll be disappointed if we don't get a fully realized Bat Cave after 3 movies.
Old 01-24-11, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I think i'll be disappointed if we don't get a fully realized Bat Cave after 3 movies.
Agreed. I didn't care for the Bat Warehouse all that much.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-24-11 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-24-11, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Agreed. I didn't care for the Bat Warehouse al that much.
I thought it was a clever temporary HQ for Batman. But the batcave needs to be there – and I believe it will – for the third movie.
Old 01-24-11, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bat Cave will be to TDKR what the Bat Pod was to TDK - badass.
Old 01-24-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I thought it was a clever temporary HQ for Batman. But the batcave needs to be there – and I believe it will – for the third movie.
Narratively, it made perfect sense. And it's totally inkeeping with the comics where Batman would have several "safehouses" when he was far from the Cave. But it wasn't as visually striking as the Cave was (even in its "bare" state) in BB.
Old 01-24-11, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of this talk, and not one mention of the big daddy: The Batmobile.

I hope Nolan has used the past couple years to refine the design of the batmobile, tumbler, bat-tank from hell, whatever you wanna call it. I LOVE the design they used for the past two movies, but I'm anxious to see what kind of refined, cleaner, and more city-suited a 'final' batmobile in Nolan's universe will look like.
Old 01-24-11, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That article adds literally nothing to the discussion. We've discussed all that ourselves for the most part.
Old 01-24-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by StephenX
All of this talk, and not one mention of the big daddy: The Batmobile.

I hope Nolan has used the past couple years to refine the design of the batmobile, tumbler, bat-tank from hell, whatever you wanna call it. I LOVE the design they used for the past two movies, but I'm anxious to see what kind of refined, cleaner, and more city-suited a 'final' batmobile in Nolan's universe will look like.
I'm still sore over the destruction of the Tumbler. A little less so after I found out they meant to destroy it in BB (since it at least got to be in two movies rather than the intended one).

But, yeah, it'd be interesting to see a refined Tumbler. Not particularly interested in seeing the Batpod ever again. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
Old 01-24-11, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I'm still sore over the destruction of the Tumbler. A little less so after I found out they meant to destroy it in BB (since it at least got to be in two movies rather than the intended one).

But, yeah, it'd be interesting to see a refined Tumbler. Not particularly interested in seeing the Batpod ever again. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
I liked the Batpod for what it was. An emergency escape vehicle type of thing. It's not the Batmobile in terms of anything besides a quick release vehicle for emergencies...I enjoyed for that for what it was and the action sequence that stemmed from it. No way would i choose it over the Batmobile though. The Batmobile...is the motherfucking Batmobile.
Old 01-24-11, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I liked the Batpod for what it was. An emergency escape vehicle type of thing. It's not the Batmobile in terms of anything besides a quick release vehicle for emergencies...I enjoyed for that for what it was and the action sequence that stemmed from it. No way would i choose it over the Batmobile though. The Batmobile...is the motherfucking Batmobile.
That was my feeling about it. I liked the action sequence in which it was used (which is why I didn't hate it) but it felt like one and done type thing to me.
Old 01-25-11, 12:10 AM
Banned

The way it should be. It's a vehicle that will rarely be used by Batman...and he used it in TDK. I don't think we'll see again. Though in the back of our minds we know that in the Nolan universe...Batman has a fucking escape vehicle...just makes him cooler.
Old 01-25-11, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone talking about "the one Batpod scene" seem to forget he rides around on it as his main conveyance for the second half of the film. Remember the very end? The shot that Gordon narrates over? Yeah, that's right.

It's a fun vehicle, but I'd like to see a new Batmobile. And while we're wishing, why not a Batwing?
Old 01-25-11, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised no one is talking about the casting shake-up.

<iframe frameborder="no" width="480" height="270" scrolling="no" src="http://www.theonion.com/video_embed/?id=18702"></iframe>
Kim Jong Il Ends Nuclear Program For Lead In Next 'Batman'
Old 01-25-11, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Everyone talking about "the one Batpod scene" seem to forget he rides around on it as his main conveyance for the second half of the film. Remember the very end? The shot that Gordon narrates over? Yeah, that's right.

It's a fun vehicle, but I'd like to see a new Batmobile. And while we're wishing, why not a Batwing?
Old 01-25-11, 12:56 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, it makes sense. The Batmobile was destroyed. What else was he going to use? I expect he'll have a new vehicle for this one.
Old 01-25-11, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I grew to LOVE the Tankmobile over the 2 films and was sad to see it go. If I can throw around the "Nolan-verse" phrase here, Bruce would probably stay with the same design, but with MAJOR upgrades. In other words, for the most part the Tankmobile would stay the same in all three films with lots a PRACTICAL add-ons.

Frankly, I don't need to see a new batmoble. The Tankmobile is a reasonable armored vehicle for Bats in the "Nolan-verse"
Old 01-25-11, 01:05 PM
Banned

Yeah...cuz he has no Batmobile anymore. What about it? It's an escape vehicle that functions beyond escaping...so what? I don't think we forgot about it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.