Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Quest for Glory Docu by Richard Stanley

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Quest for Glory Docu by Richard Stanley

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Secret Glory Docu by Richard Stanley

I just watched this documentary (included in Dust Devil 5 disc SE) and while it was engaging and a little strange especially as a true story, I'm rewatching it right now with Stanley's audio commentary and this is definitely interesting.

The making of this film and all the parts that Stanley talks about (he didn't want to include in the film proper because of issues with verification) are even more fascinating than what's shown in the main film. Apparently he also considers it still a work in progress with the possibility of future declassification of other documents, etc. I'd definitely be interested to see an extended version eventually where he could go further into some of the things -- especially reliability of sources, etc.

Anyone else seen this one yet? I haven't looked at the other documentaries included in the set yet though - looking forward to it.

edit. for title change. Can't believe I got it wrong.

Last edited by Tuan Jim; 01-13-07 at 05:55 PM.