Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

'Murder Set Pieces' (LGHV version) - rating??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 10:14 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

what's the story here, I see that the "official" release of the film is getting handled by Lionsgate Home video - what's the rating? I can only see the film as having a R-rating, is this really the case, or is there also an unrated version as well? Also, what were the 'legal' problems revolving around the first video release?
Old 12-24-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I thought I saw something about a new release in January (I think) and noticed there was a different cover.

I have the unrated director's cut and wasn't aware of any legal issues... other than the UK's customs confiscating some orders (mentioned at xploitedcinema). I'm now curious what's up.

Last edited by TomOpus; 12-24-06 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-25-06, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rated R for grisly bloody violence, disturbing images, strong sexuality and nudity, and for language.

Lengthy detailed interview with Palumbo,though he doesn't mention the exact details on this release. But if you did a search on the many many lengthy spam posts on various forums(provided they haven't been deleted),you may find the comments from Palumbo when he released his dvd,despite not having the right too etc etc.

http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_Palumbo.htm

This R version runs only 83 minutes compared to the 90 minute directors cut. So chances are from the difference in running time. This version must be completely butchured severely. Of course Palumbo hypes it in the interview as being the most hardcore R rated flick ever and more graphic than the unrated Hostel, Hills Have Eyes and Devil's Rejects.
Old 01-11-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered the uncut version of this from xploitedcinema.com.
Old 01-11-07, 09:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TomOpus

I have the unrated director's cut and wasn't aware of any legal issues... other than the UK's customs confiscating some orders (mentioned at xploitedcinema). I'm now curious what's up.
the 'legal' prob, is mentioned on both the Diabolikdvd listing and a story in the magazine: Ultra Violent. but doesn't explain it in great detail (as possibly it they legally can not)