Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Deal: Discount IMAX tickets

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I signed up with "Great Fun" during checkout at DDD for their 20$ rebate (first month free).
After about 3 weeks, I just recived a booklet with coupons. One of the coupons is for purchasing Loews, Magic Johnson, and Loews IMAX theaters for 7$ each.

Unrestricted - can be used any day (special presentation and no-pass engagements excluded)

Shipping is 2.25 or 5.5 based on # tickets bought (max amount is 18 tickets).

It a hot deal - IMAX tickets cost 15$ here in SFO.

For Texas, there is another coupon for $4.75/ticket.
Old 07-09-06, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's like the free ticket coupons that came with Superman Returns, the maximum value they were worth was $10.50. The IMAX theater here in Columbus, Ohio (which until you said $15), I thought was super super super super super super expensive at $11.50 a ticket. Anyway, they wouldn't let me use it for the $11.50 since the coupon says $10.50 on it. I had to use it for a showing before 6pm ($9.50)

I usually go to a theater with prices at $6 or less. I don't care about the theater/ picture quality, unless there is some gimmic (like 3D) that I can only see in one particular place. I just wanna see the movie. If I like it enough, I'll get the DVD later.
Old 07-10-06, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Nah, this one specifically says "good on all Loews IMAX theaters in US"