Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terminator 3

What's everyone's opinion on this film?

I personally hate everything about and denied it ever existed. It's a disgrace and an insult to the previous two, and what's worse is there's gonna be a fourth.

The guy who played John Connor was a wimp. His whole character was wimpish. John Connor from T2 had more balls then this guy.

Then, they kill off Linda Hamilton's character because she didn't want to do it? That is insane!

It should've never been made. Cameron already said the story had been told, yet they've tainted the series with a 3rd, and are gonna try and ruin it with a 4th.

As you can see, I really hate this film...
Old 02-25-06, 06:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do agree it wasn't really needed but I enjoyed it and thought it was a great wrap-up to the series. A fourth also hardly seems necessary but I think everyone has always wanted the "future war" movie so it's not surprising they are talking about doing it.
Old 02-25-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pretty much agree with you, T1000.
Old 02-25-06, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I liked it as much as the first two.
Old 02-25-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nemein
I do agree it wasn't really needed but I enjoyed it and thought it was a great wrap-up to the series. A fourth also hardly seems necessary but I think everyone has always wanted the "future war" movie so it's not surprising they are talking about doing it.
My thoughts exactly
Old 02-25-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Terminator 3 wasn't a complete crap dropped on the film series (like Alien vs. Predator was on two separate film series). But I though it was pretty weak overall and a completely wasted effort by poorly duplicating the same plot all over again, when the "natural" sequel would be set during the future war.

And seeming part of it again on TV last week (in HD to boot) didn't help. Unlike the first two, this one doesn't hold up very well to repeat viewings.
Old 02-25-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
The only reason Terminator 3 was made was to give them a way to make Terminator 4, 5, the series, the game, etc. Two doesn't leave a clear pathway to the skynet future, and the money is in robot carnage.

Given how they are tying in multiple media into stories these days, T3 would have made an interesting video game, with the "twist" ending and all. Then they could have dived right into the CGI-chrome slugfest.
Old 02-25-06, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dhmac
But I though it was pretty weak overall and a completely wasted effort by poorly duplicating the same plot all over again, when the "natural" sequel would be set during the future war.
Agree with this wholeheartedly. I felt like I was watching T2 over again. T-X = T-1000. Arnuld = Arnuld. Run from the baddie. Protect John Conner.

The only decent part of the movie was the ending.
Old 02-25-06, 11:11 AM
Retired

I liked it personally, and didn't feel it tainted the series at all. Loved the ending.
Old 02-25-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really liked the movie, plus it was nice to see a movie now days that used real stunts and pratical effects instead of everything being CGI, had some great action scenes.
Old 02-25-06, 11:14 AM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it. The ending was reall good and they didn't cop out with it.
Old 02-25-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked it, not up to par with the other two...but there were some great scenes - the car/firetruck scene is pretty damn good and the ending is interesting. I don't think it does anything to rip up the franchise like Alien v. Predator

I think the movie's biggest negative is the lack of Sarah Connor, just because Linda Hamilton really owned the last movie.
Old 02-25-06, 11:42 AM
Banned

T1000 hates it since he's not in the movie.
Old 02-25-06, 11:53 AM

I like the movie. It had some good action scenes and moved the story along nicely. I really wouldnt mind one more movie that was focused on the future war.
Old 02-25-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I liked it personally, and didn't feel it tainted the series at all. Loved the ending.
Me too. It's not as great as T2 was, but I thought it was real solid.
Old 02-25-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i enjoyed it. yah, i wish eddie furlong could have reprised his roll, but while not as good as the previous installments, still a good movie
Old 02-25-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was a worthy successor to T1 and 2 and liked the John Conner character much better.
Old 02-25-06, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts
I enjoyed it as well. T2 was a milestone in SFX filmmaking, so T3 had little to no chance of competing with it, and I don't think they tried.

It's just an hour and a half of pure action, which is good, and IMO a perfect ending. Leaving the door open for the T4.

The only problem with it is that it totally negates T2's suspense. Making the whole second film pretty much meaningless.
Old 02-25-06, 12:22 PM

I went into it thinking it was going to suck, but actually liked it, that said overall as an action movie I thought it was kind of mediocre, and the whole gay bar sunglasses thing was kind of lame.
Old 02-25-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's decent. T1 and T2 are classics though, so T3 never had much of a chance of living up to their legacy. Still, it didn't crap on the series like Alien 3.

The plotholes are annoying, but T2 had more than its fair share of them as well, so I'll cut it some slack in that department. The crane chase is incredible(it's one of my favorite demos in DTS). Nick Stahl did a good job as John Connor. And Claire Danes didn't annoy me anywhere near as much as I thought she would(Sophia Bush is a hottie, but I'm glad they replaced her). The only real problem with the movie is the T-X. Ahnuld and Robert Patrick are two of the best bigscreen baddies ever, but Kristanna Loken simply ain't in their league.

The ending was great though. Yes, it does undermine the theme of T2, but that movie undermined the theme of T1 which is what T3 is more in line with. And I much prefer "There's a storm coming" and "I know" to "There's no fate but what we make for ourselves".
Old 02-25-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wasn't as good as the first two, but I still enjoyed it. It may have helped that i had really low expectations when I saw it, having heard from several sources that it was terrible. I really missed Linda Hamilton, though. It just doesn't feel quite like a real Terminator movie without her.
Old 02-25-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I enjoyed it as well. T2 was a milestone in SFX filmmaking, so T3 had little to no chance of competing with it, and I don't think they tried.

It's just an hour and a half of pure action, which is good, and IMO a perfect ending. Leaving the door open for the T4.

The only problem with it is that it totally negates T2's suspense. Making the whole second film pretty much meaningless.
Old 02-25-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

T3 was garbage. I completely agree with T1000 here, and I also would like to add that that the girl terminator was a terrible idea. She wasn't scary or intimidating, just hot. And I really don't want to be sexually attracted to a character who's supposed to be the evil villain.
Old 02-25-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
It wasn't a horrible movie by any means, but it should never have been made at all and definitely not the way it was done. I mean, T2 was essentially a higher budget remake of The Terminator. And my biggest problem has already been satted by others. It rendered T2 pointless. The slogan from the first two was "No fate but what you make." T3 said "No fate but what you can put off for a few more years."
Old 02-25-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by T1000
What's everyone's opinion on this film?

I personally hate everything about and denied it ever existed.

Thats my take as well. Never seen it, never will.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.