Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-16, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
1/6 Yoda?

What will that be, about four inches tall?
Product Size
5.11" H (129.79mm)*
Old 05-26-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Don't know if anyone here has an interest but Mondo just put up their exclusive Alfred Hitchock figure for sale through the weekend: http://mondotees.com/products/alfred...ondo-exclusive

Old 05-26-16, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

I saw that Hitchcock figure. It is pretty nice looking but I don't think I'd get it as it just wouldn't really fit in with my collection. Plus while I like Hitchcock I'm not his most diehard fan by a long shot.
Old 05-27-16, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I think that's a pretty bad Hitchcock for the price.
Old 05-27-16, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

It looks like he's wearing an inflatable suit.
Old 05-27-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah the tailoring on the suit really isn't up to par to what we expect from companies like Hot Toys or even Sideshow. It is the first Mondo human figure with clothing and a head sculpt though so I'm being a bit more lenient. I think the sculpt looks okay but a little off.
Old 05-27-16, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So does anyone here know how the the Star Wars licensing is split between Sideshow and Hot Toys?

I have been considering getting Hot Toys Vader, but I was hoping they'd do a version from ROTJ, but I saw Sideshow just posted a preorder for that, so I'm assuming a Hot Toys version won't be happening for a while (if at all).
Old 05-27-16, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
So does anyone here know how the the Star Wars licensing is split between Sideshow and Hot Toys?

I have been considering getting Hot Toys Vader, but I was hoping they'd do a version from ROTJ, but I saw Sideshow just posted a preorder for that, so I'm assuming a Hot Toys version won't be happening for a while (if at all).
Actually that might mean Hot Toys may be announcing something soon. Usually Sideshow puts up pre-orders for duplicate figures before Hot Toys gets there's out. No one but Hot Toys and Sideshow know for sure so please don't base your buying habits on my baseless prediction. They have done this before with Boba Fett. Sideshow put up a pre order for a stripped down Boba Fett (compared to their previous version) before Hot Toys announced their version.

Also, if you want a ROTJ Vader, try getting Sideshow's previous offering as that comes with an unmasked head sculpt which is not bad considering it's from Sideshow. I have it next to my Emperor in his throne which is next to my Hot Toys ANH Vader. The ROTJ Vader up for pre order now is a stripped down version of that. OR you could just wait and see what comes up in the next year if you don't have to have it right now.
Old 05-27-16, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd wait for the Hot Toys version personally, but that's because I have yet to really be wowed by any of the Sideshow figures I have. Probably the ones I'm most happy with are R2-D2 and R5-D4.
Old 05-27-16, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

^^ You have an R5-D4? You are a serious collector!
Old 05-27-16, 12:06 PM

JoeyOhhhh,

Here's Kool Kollectibles comparison between the Hot Toys ANH Vader and the Sideshow ROTJ Vader. It's almost an hour long but it goes in depth. Check the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfES1GraHI

The consensus on the forums is that the HT Vader is the definitive one, for now. I can tell you since I have all three (HT, Sideshow ANH and ROTJ) that the HT one is hands down the winner. The gloves are better on the sideshow and of course the Sideshow ROTJ version has the unhelmeted sculpt. HT's height, tailoring (the suit is just on another level in comparison) and helmet are all perfect or near perfect in my eyes, though I am not an expert on how they should look. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Mike86
I'd wait for the Hot Toys version personally, but that's because I have yet to really be wowed by any of the Sideshow figures I have. Probably the ones I'm most happy with are R2-D2 and R5-D4.
That R2-D2 is a great piece. I think it looks great next to the Bandai C3PO. I'm contemplating getting a Sideshow C3PO for my Jabba's palace diorama, but it's not a priority right now.
Old 05-27-16, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I'm considering putting together a collection of the ESB bounty hunters.

There are Hot Toys and Sideshow versions of Boba Fett; Sideshow has put out Bossk and IG-88 (both long sold out) and 4-LOM is forthcoming.

Any chance Hot Toys does IG-88 and Bossk, or will I have to pay out the wazoo on eBay for the Sideshows?

I might consider getting a Hot Toys Boba Fett, Bossk (if available) and IG-88 (ditto), and then getting the Sideshow 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and Dengar. (Presumably the latter two will eventually be announced.)
Old 05-27-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt Hot Toys will go into the more obscure side characters. Seems like main cast and Troopers are their focus so far. I wouldn't be too surprised if Sideshow re-releases Bossk or IG-88 as they've been re-doing some of their older figures before. I don't know for certain though.
Old 05-27-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Checkmate and Mike86, thanks for your input and observations.

Like Mike86, I am not thrilled with Sideshow's quality compared to Hot Toys (I have SS Cobra Commander, and the quality sticks out when he's with the rest of the Hot Toys I have).

At this point I may pick up the Hot Toys Vader, and flip it if another version comes down the line (to avoid huge aftermarket prices on it, should it go OOP).

Thanks guys
Old 05-27-16, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
It looks like he's wearing an inflatable suit.
Go look at pictures of him during that time. He looked like that in real life.

He had a strange shape about him back then.
Old 05-27-16, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I don't think the suit looks inflated as that's just how he looked. The tailoring though leaves something to be desired. The collar on the white dress shirt in particular sticks out to me.

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
Checkmate and Mike86, thanks for your input and observations.

Like Mike86, I am not thrilled with Sideshow's quality compared to Hot Toys (I have SS Cobra Commander, and the quality sticks out when he's with the rest of the Hot Toys I have).

At this point I may pick up the Hot Toys Vader, and flip it if another version comes down the line (to avoid huge aftermarket prices on it, should it go OOP).

Thanks guys
Yeah the Sideshow figures I have or have seen you can really tell a difference in my opinion. Hot Toys just look nicer whereas to me Sideshow products often times come off as somewhat cheap by comparison. They're still overall not terrible but a notch or two below Hot Toys easily. I'm fairly disappointed in how the Jawas are looking so far as the robes look fairly bad in the in-hand pictures that have been posted so far. I took a chance on them hoping they'd be good but they feel like they're going to be another Sideshow disappointment.
Old 06-01-16, 10:10 AM

Hot Toys Captain America: Civil War 1/6 Scarlet Witch

I'm not sure if this is a new head sculpt or if they are using the one from the New Avengers exclusive but it looks really good.

Pre-Order now up for:

Sideshow: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...t-toys-902740/

BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...78&mode=retail

Check the link for more pics:
http://news.toyark.com/2016/05/30/ca...ot-toys-205936
Old 06-06-16, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My son bought this yesterday at a local comic show. I personally wouldn't buy it but I let him. Not bad for a toy. A lot of detail, parts and very posable. I was able to haggle the price down to $60 since it was the end of the day. The dealer just wanted to get rid of it.

Old 06-24-16, 09:00 AM

Hot Toys Star Wars: The Force Awakens Han Solo and Chewbacca 1/6 Figures

Chewbacca:

Old Han Solo:

Han Solo & Chewbacca Set:

The two pack set has the added bombs plus detonator as well as semi-diorama bases (the snow add ons).

Hopefully all of you that want these can afford them after the Brexit stock market crash.
Old 06-24-16, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

For people buying smaller figures like the black series what are you using for stands?
Old 06-24-16, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I'll get the two pack of Han and Chewie as long as its close to the same price as the original two pack. This time the extras are worth getting the two pack for in my opinion. The sculpt on the old Han looks great and I think Chewie looks different enough to justify buying again.
Old 06-24-16, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
For people buying smaller figures like the black series what are you using for stands?
A company called Infinite Moon released some nice ones that look similar to Hot Toys stands, only they clip the figure around the waist. Haven't bought any myself, but it looks like a good way to spruce up my display. Big Bad Toy Store had them in stock, but they're sold out at the moment.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

Lots of companies (including NECA) make simple plastic peg stands for 6"-10" figures. It's just a matter of finding something that works for you.
Old 06-24-16, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

GAH! I went to Sideshow's website just now to order their Jawa set and noticed the new Han and Chewy. I am such a sucker.
Old 06-24-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not overly impressed with the Jawa set. I got mine on Tuesday but opened it up yesterday. They look nice but the hoods are separate from the main robes and sort of hard to work with and also the hands pop out way too easily on mine. They also have fairly limited foot articulation which makes them hard to stand (even with the included stands). I think I'm about done buying Sideshow products as I'm never very happy with their stuff.

Slightly disappointed in the price for the new Han and Chewbacca set but I might still get it eventually.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-24-16 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-24-16, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

Yeah, I am hoping for the best with my Jawas after reading about the quality on sideshow freaks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.