Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Old 02-25-15, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts
Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I never noticed that the Hulk had a pair of stretch pants until I saw that figure.
Yeah I believe that Stark develops them for him and he starts wearing them in Age of Ultron.
Old 03-04-15, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hulk Buster armor up for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store - $825
Old 03-04-15, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
Hulk Buster armor up for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store - $825
Jesus fuck. That's too damn expensive. I had considered it for a brief moment but there's no way I'm paying that much for it. Honestly I bet they're going to sit on a bunch of those at that price unless its extremely limited. I just can't imagine that many people are going to shell out that much for one figure. You can get at least three or four regular Hot Toys figures for that price. I'd justify paying a larger price for Ultron before I'd even consider Hulkbuster at that price.
Old 03-04-15, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Only $825 you say. I'm going to buy one to open and one to keep in the box.
Old 03-04-15, 07:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I pre-ordered at Sideshowtoy.com and split up the cost between 8 payments (not including the non-refundable deposit). That gives me over a year to pay for this thing if money ever becomes an issue, which it shouldn't. If you go through BBTS.com you can use your pile of loot to save on shipping this beast. (NOTE: BBTS requires a $100 non-refundable deposit on this as well.

This thing is very expensive but you have a long time to save up just like the 89 Batmobile.

At 21 inches it will be the tallest 1/6th scale figure I will have. It will make quite conversation piece. I'm starting to think crazy thoughts like buying an extra Hulk to along with this. Man this hobby is like crack.
Old 03-04-15, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing is for me I'd l have to cut like three or four other figures to justify paying the higher price for it. To me I'd rather get three other figures than one massive one that size aside I don't think is that impressive.
Old 03-04-15, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Jesus fuck. That's too damn expensive. I had considered it for a brief moment but there's no way I'm paying that much for it. Honestly I bet they're going to sit on a bunch of those at that price unless its extremely limited.
I've been noticing the recent slew of armors are always on sale, so I guess Hot Toys is over estimating the demand for all these armors (not sure if these ever get blown out eventually). So maybe they'll scale back production.

That said this piece is cool, albeit crazy pricey. I don't care for the ever increasing prices on these releases.
Old 03-04-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The regular MMS releases are fairly consistently priced. Certain popular characters are the ones that Hot Toys seems to try and milk fans with higher prices. I have noticed that a few of the Iron Man armors from Iron Man 3 have been on sale at Sideshow recently though. For instance the Heartbreaker and Silver Centurion were priced starting at $250 but recently Sideshow has offered 20% off making them under $200. That being said I can see this dropping in price if it sits (which I think it will depending on how many they make) but I bet even if it does its still going to be at least $660 if they go with 20% off.
Old 03-09-15, 03:34 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

for you future gold apple watch wearers, there's a company that will sell you a lifesize hulkbuster (~10ft) for $21,500.

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/this-comp...r-s-1690257407

Old 03-09-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks like zero articulation. No sale.
Old 03-09-15, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Looks like zero articulation. No sale.
Like I said, screw statues, dolls are much better!

I wonder how Hot Toy's powerpose line did... I don't see any more releases in that line, so I guess not that well, or too early to tell?
Old 03-09-15, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
I wonder how Hot Toy's powerpose line did... I don't see any more releases in that line, so I guess not that well, or too early to tell?
They only have done the Mark XLII and the Red Snapper as Power Pose figures. I think the Peacemaker was essentially a Power Pose figure too as it basically is a re-painted Red Snapper. I think both those armors had slightly more articulation than the Mark XLII though. My guess is that the line didn't sell that well as they haven't announced more figures under it.
Old 03-09-15, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I guess technically the second body for exclusive AoU Hulk is like a Power Pose...
Old 03-09-15, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
Well, I guess technically the second body for exclusive AoU Hulk is like a Power Pose...
I guess that's true. It isn't being sold on its own though and is part of the regular MMS release so I don't know if I'd count it. I ordered my Age of Ultron Cap last night. I'll probably go for the Hulk soon too. I think I'm just going with the regular release even though I want the second head sculpt. I just don't think I want to spend the extra $100 for the interchangeable torso/arms.
Old 03-25-15, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hawkeye is preorderable now (Widow was last week or so). I missed out on Hawkeye from the first Avengers movie, so jumped on this one, though hopefully they'll have sufficient supply this time out.
Old 03-25-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in for Hawkeye too. I already have Black Widow from The Winter Soldier so I don't think I'll buy another figure of her unless it goes on sale or something sometime. So far I just have Cap on order from Age of Ultron and will probably pre-order Hulk when he's coupon eligible. One thing I'm starting to dislike with Sideshow now is they recently started adding nonrefundable deposits to more figures. I'll be more selective with my pre-orders now. Most Hot Toys items are safe but Sideshow items are probably going to be more of a wait and see basis since the quality of their stuff seems a bit more inconsistent.
Old 03-26-15, 12:58 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The NRD is crazy. They know they are putting crap out. They want to charge high end prices, but can't make good figures. Drake, Snake, Superman, and GL look like shit. The Han and Luke Hoth figures look bad from top to bottom. And all their 1/6 bodies suck ass. Sure the HT Star Wars Han, Obi sculpts are not perfect, but at least you know it will still be a quality sculpt and million times better paint than SS and great soft goods.

Then how they handle things make them look even worse.
Old 03-26-15, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Got my anniversary gifts today.

Old 03-26-15, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by banthafett
The NRD is crazy. They know they are putting crap out. They want to charge high end prices, but can't make good figures. Drake, Snake, Superman, and GL look like shit. The Han and Luke Hoth figures look bad from top to bottom. And all their 1/6 bodies suck ass. Sure the HT Star Wars Han, Obi sculpts are not perfect, but at least you know it will still be a quality sculpt and million times better paint than SS and great soft goods.

Then how they handle things make them look even worse.
Yeah the nonrefundable deposit thing in my mind is frankly bullshit. It essentially is just Sideshow insuring that they get some money out of collectors if a pre-order is placed. It's not as though either Sideshow or Hot Toys are manufactured by the number of pre-orders they get, which if that's how things worked I'd understand more. It basically just feels like you can't change your mind if the final product doesn't meet your expectations or if you do change your mind we're charging you a fee anyways. I somewhat understand the policy for bigger ticket items or items produced in low quantity but I think for most figures charging a deposit is weak.

It isn't so much of an issue with Hot Toys but Sideshow products themselves are very hit and miss.
Old 03-27-15, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So Hot Toys is milking the Iron Man line again. A new stealth version of The Avengers Mark VII suit is coming soon as a Movie Promo exclusive. I don't expect it to be up for order today but it should come soon I would think. I actually kind of like how it looks and may consider getting it.
Old 03-27-15, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 526 Likes on 329 Posts

My Star Wars 6 inch Black Series Han Stormtrooper has shipped. Luke is preordered.
Old 03-27-15, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

To my surprise the Stealth Mark VII actually went up for order today. Its crazy expensive though, $340... I really wanted to get it but that's so much for a standard armor. I get that its a Movie Promo Edition and is an exclusive but for $310 you can get the diecast Mark III or you could spend $5 more for the diecast Mark XLIII.
Old 03-27-15, 04:54 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

plus you can spot stealth ironman's eyes, chest, and repulsors from miles away. how stealthy can he possibly be
Old 03-27-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HN
plus you can spot stealth ironman's eyes, chest, and repulsors from miles away. how stealthy can he possibly be
I'm so close to just biting the bullet on it. I know it'll be one of those figures that will end up going for more on the secondary markets even if I decided later I didn't want it. Just like most Iron Man armors and the exclusives in particular. Plus I know it'll probably be gone by this weekend.
Old 03-27-15, 05:05 PM
Suspended

I spend a shit load of money on stuff. Thank god I don't want any of the Marvel crap, could only imagine how money it would be.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.