Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Funny one liners from the audience?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-05, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember a few of my friends and I went to see Tales from the Darkside: the Movie (1990) on opening night in Westwood. There is a scene where a cat crawls down a womans thought, and I turn to my friend sitting next to me and say quietly "Talk about eating pussy." My friend laughs and then shouts the line out, causing a big roar of laughter from the audience.
Brings to question, what one liners from audience members had you laughing in the movie. I think the most rememberable movie would be Rocky Horror picture show, but there is no other like it.
Old 12-27-05, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few years ago I went to the theater where they were playing an old movie about the Hindenberg disaster. The moment after the explosion this fat bald guy with glasses shouted "That's gotta hurt!". Hilarity ensued.
Old 12-27-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At the end of Battlefield Earth, someone said " god please give me my money back"
Old 12-27-05, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the end of Groose Point Blank when he drops that TV on the guy's head, someone yelled "Who says there is no violence on TV". Everyone laughed.
Old 12-27-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 119 Likes on 104 Posts
Jason goes to Hell
A chick crouches down to go pee in the bushes. Someone in the crowd made a fart noise and the place went nuts.
Old 12-27-05, 09:14 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

after the trailer for Jennifer 8, someone shouted, "What'd she eat?"
Old 12-27-05, 09:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Not exactly a "one liner", but...back in high school, I remember taking a date to go see The Blue Lagoon. There's a scene where Brooke Shields says to the the guy something to the effect of "My stomach feels funny...what is it?" And right on cue, a baby in the audience starts crying. People not only cracked up, but applauded too.
Old 12-27-05, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Now look what you done did. You dropped pistol when you broke the window.
Old 12-27-05, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After the lame sex scene in Matrix Regurgitated I said "Don't worry Neo, it happens to everyone."
Old 12-27-05, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i have alot of one liners..

Chronicles of Narnia:

Guy behind me says " i think those kids are high"

Superman Returns trailer:
At the end , guy in back said "WTF" out loud.... people cracked up
Old 12-27-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In the Madonna sex thriller with Willem Defoe, she giving a statement to the police and said, "Men lie." All the broads in the audience started hooting and hollering, then one guy a few rows behind me screamed, "Shut up! Shut up! Men do not lie!"

In Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, when they are in olde England, Keanu introduces himself to the royal ugly dudes by saying, "I am the Duke of Ted." A guy shouted, "You're the Duke of DICK!" and walked out of the theater.

When I was a wee lad, my parents brought me to the theater, I can't remember what was playing. During the movie or preview, the narrator said something about a guy falling and breaking his pelvis. I loudly asked my mother if girls have pelvises. The audience laughed and went aaaawwww at how adorable I was.
Old 12-27-05, 09:57 AM

Before Revenge of the Sith they trailered Batman Begins, and immediately after the trailer someone shouted "Alfred Dies!". The crowd was laughing, but the best part was that after the very next trailer (don't remember which one) a different guy shouted the same thing, and the whole theater broke out laughing.

In Daddy Day Care towards then end of the movie when the "Ben" character shows his drawing to his dad some guy said "Man, you know Ben 'aint draw dat". The line itself isn't too funny I guess, but something about the way the guy said it made me laugh much harder than anything in the movie.
Old 12-27-05, 09:59 AM
Banned

It happens a lot, but rarely do you hear a line that makes everyone in the audience break out in laughter. I can't remember what the movie I was seeing, but they showed the trailer for Queen of the Damned, and I yelled out: "Worst. Movie. Ever." in my best Comicbook Guy impression. Apparently everyone agreed because they starting cracking up.

Man, that was a bad movie.
Old 12-27-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,896 Likes on 1,246 Posts
Not really a one-liner in that sense, but a woman shouted "Taye, you wanna get out the House on Haunted Hill, you better pray to Jesus!" while watching (naturally) the remake of The House on Haunted Hill, which is my favorite audience exclamation, ever.
Old 12-27-05, 10:09 AM

In The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, there was this really annoying guy that was cracking up at EVERYTHING. Even the most unfunny crap. Anyways, when Arthur said to the girl something like "Are you sure that heads are the only thing he has more than one of?" or something to that effect, the guy in the middle went "BA-ZING!!!" That just frickin cracked me up. He was so stupid.
Old 12-27-05, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

oh i had that for King Kong.... this weird(i think mental) guy with a hot chick laughed for everything... all through the movie...

the person behind him said "listen man i respect you have a hot chick but stop laughing for the most unfunny shit before i make you start crying for some stupid shit"
Old 12-27-05, 11:17 AM
Banned

Went to see the fog recently(horrible movie) they had previews for the movie "rent" I yelled out "the feel gay movie of the year" got a few laughs.
Old 12-27-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, there's a lot of unfunny people who post here.
Old 12-27-05, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
Wow, there's a lot of unfunny people who post here.
You are a very astute and clever individual. I sincerely apologize for not amusing you, as that was my full intention. Thank you so much for letting everybody know - we will all try harder next time.

I think these things aren't funny now because what makes them funny is that they're unexpected blurts from random people. When typed out, it loses the spontaneity and inflections of the original outburst, thus much of the humor is lost. Of course I thought that was obvious going into the thread. But I guess not.
Old 12-27-05, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's never funny when people talk to the screen and add to ruining the movie going experience. At least not to me.
Old 12-27-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 328 Likes on 245 Posts
I have two...one from yours truly and one from a friend I was with:

During GODZILLA (1998) when Matthew Broderick is trying to lure the monster out with a huge pile of raw fish, I yelled out "This movie stinks!"

At the end of SHINING THROUGH, when Michael Douglas has Melanie Griffith in his arms and makes a run for the border, when he makes it, a pal of mine jumped up, put two hands in the air and yelled "Touchdown!"

I only condone this kind of stuff during REALLY bad movies, as you can tell...
Old 12-27-05, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
It's never funny when people talk to the screen and add to ruining the movie going experience. At least not to me.

If you dont like a movie so much that you want to yell at the screen, why not just leave?
Old 12-27-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema

I agree. Save the wisenheimer comments for the privacy of your own home, where you can be unfunny to your heart's content. I didn't pay $9 to hear them.

And while you're at: stop buying nachos at movie theaters, too.
Old 12-27-05, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd rather not have people talk during movies, but sometimes it depends on the audience.

Opening night seeing The Matrix (by myself, no one else thought "it looked good") in the end of the first scene when Trinity leaps backwards into the window, some guy next to me stood up, pumped his fists in the air and yelled, "That's my BITCH!!!"

Opening night for the re-release of Star Wars. The trailers are running and at the end of one someone yells out, "Volcano!" A few seconds later, the Volcano trailer started.
Old 12-27-05, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At the beginning of Chronicles of Narnia, a guy behind me asked someone beside him "What war is this?"

Well, I laughed anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.