Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Funny one liners from the audience?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Funny one liners from the audience?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raven56706
Superman Returns trailer:
At the end , guy in back said "WTF" out loud.... people cracked up
Please tell me that he actually spelled it out like that, "W. T. F.", as that would be great.
Old 12-27-05, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah.... he said W.T.F. ... people cracked up so much
Old 12-27-05, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
Now look what you done did. You dropped pistol when you broke the window.
That's your ass, I guess...
Old 12-27-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
This ain't exactly a one-liner, but halfway through MAGNOLIA a guy and his girlfriend (who apparently had had enough of that overrated turdburger) got up to leave. As they left and were walking down the center aisle, the girl turned around and rather angrily gave the screen "the finger".

The entire theater erupted with laughter, and it took about a minute or two for order to be restored. After which, about half the theater got up to leave as well.

I wish I had.
Old 12-27-05, 01:23 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

in Pulp Fiction, when travolta is looking in the briefcase (a briefcase, mind you), a woman behind me whispered, "it's a head!"
Old 12-27-05, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Towards the end of Narnia when you see the older versions of the kids someone yells (about the oldest brother) "Hey its the Burger King guy". that was pretty funny.
Old 12-27-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the end of seeing The Matrix in the theater in Baltimore that got condemned and shut down a few years ago, Neo floats into Agent Smith's body and makes him explode. One zany guy yelled out "FATALI-TAY!" (a la Mortal Kombat). The place went nuts.
Old 12-27-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by 12thmonkey

I agree. Save the wisenheimer comments for the privacy of your own home, where you can be unfunny to your heart's content. I didn't pay $9 to hear them.

And while you're at: stop buying nachos at movie theaters, too.
While I'm inclined to agree in almost every circumstance, there have been a few times where it's been funny.
Old 12-27-05, 03:20 PM

The Thin Red Line...

This movie had the misfortune of being released right after Saving Private Ryan... so the audience wasn't really in to the philosophical part... and you can feel the audience grumbling about it... SO...

When the main character recieved a "Dear John.. " letter in which his wife leaves him for another guy... some guy up front yelled out "THAT F#$%ing BITCH!"... much laughter... I got to admit I laughed out loud too...

Old 12-27-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slavetotherave
You are a very astute and clever individual. I sincerely apologize for not amusing you, as that was my full intention. Thank you so much for letting everybody know - we will all try harder next time.
Apology accepted, and I'm glad you've made it a point to not celebrate annoyance in movie theaters in future.

In all seriousness - shouting out during movies? We live in a civillized society. Time to relax, respect others, watch the movie and have a sense of humor. It saddens me that so many people here think it's fine to blurt out whatever they think is funny while a movie's on.
Old 12-27-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On opening night of the so-called "special" edition of Empire Strikes Back, I yelled out "EW that's your SISTER" when Luke kissed Leia.
Old 12-27-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The funniest one liner from the audience I heard was in Meet the Fockers.

There was a guy with two kids there (about 4 and 6) both boys. On one of the scenes (you can guess which one), one of them started saying (loudly):

"Daddy, what's foreskin, what's foreskin?"

He kept trying to silence him, but he wouldn't stop. Eventually they had to leave. He probably shouldn't have brought them to see that movie...
Old 12-27-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by slavetotherave
In The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, there was this really annoying guy that was cracking up at EVERYTHING. Even the most unfunny crap.

It must be something about that movie because when I saw it there was some dumb shit who was laughing at absolutely everything, too...
Old 12-27-05, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I only condone this kind of stuff during REALLY bad movies, as you can tell...

What about the people who were enjoying themselves? Why ruin it for them just because you don't approve of the movie?
Old 12-27-05, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
In all seriousness - shouting out during movies? We live in a civillized society. Time to relax, respect others, watch the movie and have a sense of humor. It saddens me that so many people here think it's fine to blurt out whatever they think is funny while a movie's on.
agreed. the only thing i've shouted during a movie was "shut the fuck up!"
Old 12-27-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't stand when people talk during movies either but i have a few exceptions. It's ok to call something out if it's really funny and your the only one to call something out up to that point in the movie. There is a strict limit of one call out for each movie, after that it is just annoying..
Old 12-27-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

During a screening of The 400 blows at the film forum here in New York someone said out loud during the last half hour of the movie "They better get crackin' on the blowing" It caused laughs and hisses and outright people yelling at him to shut up.

Why don't movie theaters inform the patrons to be quiet anymore...Cell phones aren't the only noisy things in a random auditorium.
Old 12-27-05, 07:57 PM

aparently, that guy who laughed at everything in King King was there when I saw it too. what a jerk.

the only time it is at least slightly appropriate to yell anything, in my opnion, is during trailers. me and a large group of friends went and saw Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers the night it came out. It was a lot of fun and TONS of people had gotten decked out in costume and make up for the midnight show.

One of the trailers was (for wahtever reason) the Ashton Kutcher classic "A Lot Like Love." After the trailer, my friend Brian yelled "You got punk'd!" which somehow garnered a few laughs. Some other trailers showed and he yelled some smart-ass comment at each, getting more and more laughs from the audience.

Then, the LOTR music started playing and the title showed on the screen and it got real quiet. Brian then screamed, louder than his previous jabs, "I like to live my life vicariously through movies!" I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard, considering I was sitting next to a junior sized Gandalf and behind a row of orcs, but the rest of the theatre told him to shut the hell up. It was the angriest I've ever seen a large group of people at any given moment.
Old 12-27-05, 08:08 PM

when I saw MIB, they showed the teaser trailer for Godzilla.

someone in the audience yelled out "WELL FUCK E.T.!"

made me laugh.
Old 12-27-05, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yohansen5b
Then, the LOTR music started playing and the title showed on the screen and it got real quiet. Brian then screamed, louder than his previous jabs, "I like to live my life vicariously through movies!" I thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard, considering I was sitting next to a junior sized Gandalf and behind a row of orcs, but the rest of the theatre told him to shut the hell up. It was the angriest I've ever seen a large group of people at any given moment.
I gotta go with the audience on this one...
Old 12-27-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
It's never funny when people talk to the screen and add to ruining the movie going experience. At least not to me.
Agreed. Nobody's paying to hear stand-up comedy. Unless it's a stand-up comedy concert movie.
Old 12-27-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most of these examples seem like "you had to be there" moments.
IMHO audience members yelling out, trying to bring teh funny during movies, is pretty dang annoying.
Old 12-27-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yeah. add me to the list that finds it to be nothing but annoying. Save it for films that do call for audience interaction like RHPS.
Old 12-27-05, 09:50 PM

In War of the Worlds, an audience member coughed out "Bullshit!" when
Spoiler:
Tom Cruise's son appeared at the apartment in Boston at the end

And during A History of Violence, this woman kept expressing her feelings towards EVERY scene of the movie, no matter what. I told her to shut up, and she called me a creep. Arrgh...
Old 12-28-05, 12:27 PM

Opening night for The Jerk I was in a packed movie house. Someone who had obviously seen the movie at least once was there too. In the first scene the camera moves in to show Steve Martin looking like a homeless guy sitting in the alley surrounded by garbage....Steve looks at the camera and says "What?" and the guy in the audience yells "YOU'RE A BUM!" and then Steve says "I am not a bum". Got a huge laugh from the audience.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.