Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
Ebert was WRONG.
I would have to agree with that. The Road Warrior was the best, Beyond Thunderdome was the worst.
Old 11-22-05, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by FRwL
50 somethings can't play action heroes? What about Connery and Moore doing actioners up to the 80's and 90's?

Also Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood etc...
Old 01-07-06, 02:58 AM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MM4/fury road imdb entry
Old 01-07-06, 07:03 PM
En vacance

?? This is my most anticipated movie.
Old 01-07-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might be waiting for a long time, because this movie is probably not coming out. Production on it closed down years ago, apparently for good, and since then Mel Gibson has said he doesn't want to do any more action movies.
Old 01-07-06, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had THE PASSION bombed you better believe Mel would have done MAD MAX 4 for $20 mil. And since THE PASSION made $300 mil, Mel don't need the money.
Old 01-07-06, 09:25 PM
En vacance

Gibson wanted to do another, he said he would work with Miller even if it was a shaving commercial. It's only a matter of time.
Old 03-06-09, 06:40 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
"Mad Max" ...4th movie to be 3-D Anime! (no Gibson)

George Miller, anime and 3-D, really?

MTV News

Good ol’ Mad Max: post-apocalyptic gun-slinger with a need for blood-thirsty revenge! MTV News’ #4 Movie Badass of All Time! And…star of a 3-D anime feature film?!

Unlikely as that last one sounds, some big screen animated “Max” action is shaping up to become a reality, according to George Miller, the writer/director of the previous three films. The catch? He doesn’t want Max himself, Mel Gibson, anywhere near the project.

“We’ll probably go a different route,” Miller told MTV News about the potential talent voicing the lead role. The plot would be partly lifted from the script of the fourth “Max” film, which was set to shoot in 2003 until financing collapsed in the wake of the Iraq War.

Now Miller is resurrecting the idea as an R-rated, stereoscopic anime flick for theatrical release. It’s a curious undertaking, to be sure, but one made all the more certain to happen after the runaway success in 2006 of his computer-animated “Happy Feet”—not that the newest, ever-violent “Max” film will have much in common with that kid-friendly penguin party.

“I see myself as someone who is very curious about storytelling and all its various media,” Miller said. “I’ve always loved anime, in particular the Japanese sensibility. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.”

The project is one phase of a “Mad Max” renaissance of sorts. Along with “God of War II” designer Cory Barlog, Miller is developing an action-adventure videogame based on the fourth film. Gibson won’t be participating in that endeavor, either.

For the anime release, Miller isn’t looking simply to mimic Japanese-style animation but rather to adapt it for Western audiences. “The anime is an opportunity for me to shift a little bit about what anime is doing because anime is ripe for an adjustment or sea change,” he explained. “It’s coming in games and I believe it’s the same in anime. There’s going to be a hybrid anime where it shifts more towards Western sensibilities. [Japanese filmmaker Akira] Kurosawa was able to bridge that gap between the Japanese sensibilities and the West and make those definitive films.”

It’s been 23 years since we last tasted some fresh “Mad Max” goodness, but neither the anime nor the game will be arriving soon enough to satisfy our hunger for the rage-filled Australian vigilante. “I’ve got a couple of years left,” said Miller. “We’re in the early stages writing and designing. A really good game you need two and half years. And for good anime you need two years.

Last edited by OldBoy; 03-06-09 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-06-09, 06:43 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: "Mad Max" ...4th movie to be 3-D Anime!

Just as long as it's better than the god-awful Happy Feet.
Old 03-06-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: "Mad Max" ...4th movie to be 3-D Anime! (no Gibson)

I love the Mad Max character and the first two films.

I dislike Anime stuff.

I guess we will see.
Old 03-06-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds kinda gay.

I'll wait for a trailer.
Old 10-26-09, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wasn't there a much more recent thread bump on a Mad Max 4 thread? Guess not...anywhooo...

It's interesting for sure...
<object width="450" height="302"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/15305"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/15305" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="302" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 10-30-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Re: Mad Max Fury Road

Charlize Theron to star in 'Mad' film
'Max' without Mel? New 'Fury' in Oz
By DAVE MCNARY

Charlize Theron is revving up for "Mad Max: Fury Road," with producer-director George Miller set to start filming next August in Australia.
British actor Tom Hardy ("Black Hawk Down") will also star opposite Theron.. Thesps are the first major castings announced in the fourth version of the futuristic "Mad Max" franchise, which has been dormant for 2½ decades.

Theron will next be seen in Dimension's post-apocalyptic "The Road" opposite Viggo Mortensen.

Logline on the script, also penned by Miller, is being kept under wraps. Doug Mitchell is producing with Miller, and Warner Bros. is set to distribute.

Miller had announced last weekend that pre-production work was starting in New South Wales but he didn't give any indication as to whether Mel Gibson might return or who would play the male lead. "It could be Mel, it could be anyone," he told reporters.

Miller and the 21-year-old Gibson launched their careers with "Mad Max" in 1979, shot in Victoria and portraying a broken-down future society. The duo teamed on "The Road Warrior" (1981) -- which was a worldwide success -- and "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

Miller, who went on to produce "Babe" and direct "Happy Feet," announced in 2003 that a script had been written with Brendan McCarthy for "Mad Max 4" and that pre-production was in early stages, but security concerns over trying to film in Namibia put the project on the back burner.

Miller's also directing "Happy Feet 2," for which Warners has set a release date of Nov. 18, 2011.
Old 10-30-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No Gibson = no interest
Old 10-30-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think there has been enough time passed that Mel could be replaced and it still remain a descent movie. Nathan Fillon perhaps?
Old 10-30-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nathan Fillion? In no way is he remotely tough, imo.

I'd say Sam Worthington, maybe.
Old 10-30-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
I think there has been enough time passed that Mel could be replaced and it still remain a descent movie. Nathan Fillon perhaps?

Tom Hardy is starring opposite theron.
Old 10-30-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
agreed.
Old 10-30-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

No Gibson = no interest
Agreed.
Old 10-30-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
agreed.
He was going to be my second choice.
Old 10-30-09, 10:55 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sam Worthington would be cool..but I still want Mel Gibson. I mean...an Older Max would be badass..
Old 10-31-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Nathan Fillion? In no way is he remotely tough, imo.

I was watching Serenity the other night and got to thinking ... (this is going to be an interesting little cirlce of logic) ... in other threads I had mentioned that I thought Indiana Jones should be recast, and that I felt Viggo Mortenson would be a good fit. Others said he is too old (still younger than Harrison Ford!). So while I was watching Serenity it clicked ... Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones! (Now for the circle ...) And Viggo Mortenson could be cast as Max.
Old 10-31-09, 03:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Gibson = no interest
Do you feel the same way when they cast a new James Bond?
Old 10-31-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Well, I'll wait and see but would like at least a Mel cameo.
Old 10-31-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Do you feel the same way when they cast a new James Bond?
No... but I don't really see how you can compare the two. Everyone thinks of Mel Gibson when they think of Mad Max. Bond is a character that has existed in many mediums throughout 40+ years, so everyone has a different idea of who best embodied the character. This sounds like a money grab to me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.