Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-05, 04:24 PM   #1
Charlie Goose
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,201
I met William Hurt today

He's filming a movie near my office complex. I didn't want to be That Guy who spouts movie titles at him, so I just told him I was a great admirer of his work and left it at that. He thanked me with a big smile, and even put his hand on my shoulder when we shook hands. Seemed very pleased to talk with everyone. I heard Katie Holmes was filming there too, but I didn't see her nor did I look very hard.
__________________
Ohwa Tagu Siam
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 04:34 PM   #2
TheNightFlier
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
TheNightFlier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,747
Very cool

I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Metropolitan Museum of Art one time. We were both looking at the same painting. Like you, I told him I was a great fan of his work. He thanked me and was very humble about it. Talked about art and movies for a few minutes before he was whisked away by a lady friend.

One of the nicer celebrities I've met.
__________________
Ain't so funny meow is it?

My DVD Collection

XBL-Ohcrapifell
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 04:40 PM   #3
Bandoman
DVD Talk Hero
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 28,698
That very cool, I'm glad he's nice in real life. I hate it when celebrities are assholes (unless they are provoked), it ruins it for me when I watch them in a movie.
__________________
"...Bando...you are perfect and awesome." - 4KRG

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 05:28 PM   #4
devilshalo
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
Posts: 26,213
He put his hand on my shoulder once too... but I was in the mens room facing the urinal.
__________________
Oh, don't be the victim. Don't make up excuses because you're a dumbass. - Lynda Thompson
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 05:37 PM   #5
riley_dude
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,414
I'd like to ask him about The Big Chill.
Funny you always hear people describe him as a bit out there.
Good that he was nice to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 06:41 PM   #6
Charlie Goose
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Funny you always hear people describe him as a bit out there.
Oh, I forgot to mention that he was naked from the waist down and eating handfuls of dandelions.
__________________
Ohwa Tagu Siam
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-05, 09:43 PM   #7
Robert
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,491
I would've sucker-punched him...for stealing a well-deserved Oscar from Harrison Ford from the Academy Awards for the year 1985.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 12:26 AM   #8
PopcornTreeCt
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 25,827
He's got a cool voice. I saw him in A History of Violence today, one of his not so stellar roles.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 01:32 AM   #9
Decker
DVD Talk Hero
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 27,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
I would've sucker-punched him...for stealing a well-deserved Oscar from Jack Nicholson from the Academy Awards for the year 1985.

fixed.
__________________
Xbox Live: Decker 01........... My 360's Blog
PSN Gamertag : Decker01

GAME CENTER ID : DECKER 01

I haven't seen Evil Dead 2.....yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 07:08 AM   #10
Shannon Nutt
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,685
That's nice to hear, because he has a reputation of being not-so-nice. But that's probably because he avoids the press like the plague. It's always nice to meet or talk to an actor who has a "reputation" and then you find them to be friendly and charming. Of course, they ARE actors - so you're never quite sure.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 09:42 AM   #11
Giles
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 31,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I heard Katie Holmes was filming there too, but I didn't see her nor did I look very hard.
was that a jab?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 09:47 AM   #12
Geofferson
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: TechNoir
Posts: 37,745
Glad to hear he was a class act. Out of curiosity, how tall would you say he is? The reason I ask is that I met Kevin Kline over the summer and he was probably 6'5" (much to my surprise) -- William Hurt seems like he could be surprisingly tall as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 04:27 PM   #13
Charlie Goose
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles
was that a jab?
Not really a jab, but meeting Katie Holmes isn't exactly a dream of mine.
__________________
Ohwa Tagu Siam
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 04:44 PM   #14
Nesbit
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bremerton WA
Posts: 4,840
Is it because she got fat?
__________________
xbl: dmcclure1979
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 09:12 PM   #15
PopcornTreeCt
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 25,827
Is it because she's with Tom?

Is it because you don't like women?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 01:13 AM   #16
story
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,598
Altered States, man. Altered States.

If you meet him again... See, I have this script...
__________________
Choose kindness. | PSN / Origin ID: Spatula _ City | Can we rally together to discuss a DVDTalk Charity Fundraiser?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 02:03 AM   #17
ChefWinduAZ
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilshalo
He put his hand on my shoulder once too... but I was in the mens room facing the urinal.
Was he helping you aim?
__________________
"Have you ever been to Florida? It's a criminal population. It's America's Australia." - Jack Donaghy
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.