Then you should certainly know to stay far, far away from online message boards before seeing a movie.
I came to the board the day before I was going to see the movie on opening night, just to get a feel from the few who had already seen it. I had already seen all the trailers and whatnot, so no big deal.
As for my grade, I gave it 4 out of 5. Huge improvement from the other prequels, but still had several flaws. Great movie though. I will definitely be buying the DVD on release day. I can't wait to watch it on my home setup.
4/5 - 2 thumbs up
1. Thought the acting was as bad or worse then the previous 2.
2. Thought it was to long, with the whole grievous part being unneeded, and only added as filler, the same wtih the battles with the wookies. Cut an hour out and have it just around anakin imho.
3. Grievous, just thought he was dopey esp with the coughing and him doing nothing but running away from fights.
1. I enjoyed most the action scenes (Rescue of Palpatine, Obi-Wan tracking down Grievous, Purge of the Jedis, Yoda vs. Emperor, and Obi-Wan vs. Anakin)
2. I enjoyed the humour with R2D2 (I'm definately an R2 fan)
3. I actually liked General Grievous. He was a bit of a coward which was different and more real.
4. Better performances overall by everyone
5. When Padme could sense Anakin changing over to the Dark Side that really worked for me. No words, just the faces of Anakin's darkness and Padme's sense of dread intercutting. Showing what was happening was even more effective than trying to explain with words of his transformation. Too bad Lucas spoiled it with even more words.
6. Obi-Wan giving Anakin a well deserved ass kicking. Even though it came much too late from Obi-Wan to be of any use that boy needed it and it was a long time coming.
1. Besides the usual problems I had with the Prequels in general....
2. The Middle chapter of Episode III really lagged. It seemed like Lucas really took his time expaining the transformation of Anakin but couldn't really convince me.
3. Thus the dramatic impact was reduced at the end for me.
4. The final scenes (Vader's Mask/Birth of Luke and Leia/The Organas adopting Leia/The Owens adopting Luke) all looked hurried and slapped together. Yeah, it showed what I've been dying to see all these years but not very well.