Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Return of the Jedi soundtrack question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I put it in here instead of music because it is Star Wars related.

I'm looking for the song played in Jabba's palace after Chewie is sold to Jabba the Hutt, and later played on Jabba's sail barge. It isn't on the 2 disc ROTJ soundtrack, and it isn't Lapti Nek.

Has the song been released anywhere, and whats the title of the song?
Old 05-11-05, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.. My version lists two songs aroung that time: "Han Solo Returns (At the Court of Jabba the Hutt) and "The Return of the Jedi." I do not have the 2 disc version, so I am not sure if it is the same. The booklet that came with my set (Original Soundtrack Anthology) says "The Return of the Jedi" uses material from TIE Fighter Attack and "The Last Battle" from the first film. (Ep 4)

My set also includes a 4th disc of alternates and outakes. One track, called "Alternate The Return of the Jedi" says it has music from the sail barge scene as well.

Not sure if this is any help, but I feel better for typing it.
Old 05-11-05, 09:56 PM

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,131 Posts
You're talking about the Max Rebo Band's song as Bouschh and Boba Fett are nodding to each other ("Rebokk. Duukchuck."). Yeah, it's not on the four disc set (I have the same as BassDude), and I'm not sure if it was released on those extended gold discs. It's a cute little piece of music, too - the same that's playing when Han says his eyes are getting better and R2 is serving drinks.
Old 05-11-05, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
You're talking about the Max Rebo Band's song as Bouschh and Boba Fett are nodding to each other ("Rebokk. Duukchuck."). Yeah, it's not on the four disc set (I have the same as BassDude), and I'm not sure if it was released on those extended gold discs. It's a cute little piece of music, too - the same that's playing when Han says his eyes are getting better and R2 is serving drinks.
Thats the song. Sucks that it isn't on any current releases.
Old 05-11-05, 10:42 PM
Banned

Rumor is that the master is destoryed or can't be found. That's the reason why it hasn't been included on any release.
Old 05-12-05, 06:49 AM

Lapti Nek was the song that was in the original release. The Special Edition of Jedi replaced the song with Jedi Rocks. If you can get your hands on the original album (which I still have), it's on there.
Old 05-12-05, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Star Wars Guy
Lapti Nek was the song that was in the original release. The Special Edition of Jedi replaced the song with Jedi Rocks.
He's npt talking about either Lapti Nek or Jedi Rocks. It's the piece playing when the barge and our heroes are on their way to the Sarlaac.
Old 05-12-05, 08:43 AM
Banned

Lapti Nek was the song that was in the original release. The Special Edition of Jedi replaced the song with Jedi Rocks. If you can get your hands on the original album (which I still have), it's on there.
he's not talking about that. He's talking about the source music that's used in jabba's palace as well as the sail barge.
Old 05-12-05, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Rumor is that the master is destoryed or can't be found. That's the reason why it hasn't been included on any release.
Thats very disappointing to hear. Thanks for the info
Old 05-12-05, 03:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jeez... and with a name like that...
Old 05-12-05, 09:52 PM

The score for Return Of The Jedi is pretty weak for my taste (big fan of john williams).
Old 05-13-05, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
he's not talking about that. He's talking about the source music that's used in jabba's palace as well as the sail barge.
Yeah, I realized I misread his original post. When I saw him mention Lapti Nek, I thought he was guessing for the name. My bad.