Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-12-05, 10:53 AM   #1
Dr. DVD
DVD Talk Legend

Revenge of the Sith: Second Trailer description (few details) POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!

This has been around for a while on the JediCouncil, don't know if it's been here yet, but I doubt it as I am sure it would be a hot topic towards the front by now.

FWIW, here it is:

20th Century Fox Logo

Lucasfilm Ltd.

The trailer begins with the following exchange:

Palpatine: "The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Anakin: "Is it possible to learn this power?"

Palpatine: "Not from a Jedi."

We are then introduced to the political maneuvering of Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. All of them actually want to use Anakin as a pawn in their game (Palpatine makes Anakin his "personal representative on the Jedi Council" while Obi-Wan wants him to "report on all the Chancellor's dealings"). The first minute or so is surprisingly heavy on dialogue and consists mostly of shots of various characters speaking to each other (intercut with short glimpses of evil droids, space battles etc.). We even see how Mace Windu and three other Jedi attempt to arrest Palpatine (he grabs the lightsaber and confronts them). When Mace Windu tells Anakin "You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master", Anakin loses it and joins the Dark Side (Sidious: "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic"). At least that's how the trailer makes it look.

Then the more "visual" half starts with some very neat scenes like a low angle shot of Anakin marching in front of a Clone trooper army. We see Wookiees on some kind of war machine, the duel in the volcano field, gigantic 10-wheel military transports and actual destruction of the Senate chamber. Everything is very dramatic, several deaths are implied, Padme is seen crying loudly and music from the Emperor duel (ROTJ) is heard.

Overall, the first half of the trailer is surprisingly specific, making no sense whatsoever to people who don't know Star Wars well. The second half is very dark and dramatic, but with lots of action. Bad guys (apart from Sidious) only appear for a fraction of a second and have no lines. The final seconds consist of Obi-Wan shouting "You were the chosen one!", fighting Anakin while both dangle from some ropes/wires. After the closing titles, there is a bonus shot of Vader and Sidious standing side by side, accompanied by Vader's breathing.

This is a preliminary version with effects and sound not quite finalized. One part of the trailer is actually without music (either for dramatic effect or John Williams' new score will be inserted here?). The length is little under 2:30.

Some say that this is arleady leaked and out there, but I doubt it. Apparently the trailer also has some shots of Obi-Wan dueling Grievous, but they are short.
Old 02-12-05, 11:49 AM   #2
Dalvin
Banned

SWEET!!!! When will it be able to be seen by the public?
Old 02-12-05, 12:15 PM   #3
Bricks II
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Now that is awesome.
Old 02-12-05, 01:05 PM   #4
Kicker_of_Elves
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalvin
SWEET!!!! When will it be able to be seen by the public?
March, not sure about a specific date though.
Old 02-12-05, 01:20 PM   #5
Kal-El
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It supposedly comes out with Robots and one other movie.
Old 02-12-05, 02:56 PM   #6
Dr. DVD
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El
It supposedly comes out with Robots and one other movie.

Similar to the ploy Fox used when they had Ice Age three years ago.
Old 02-12-05, 03:07 PM   #7
Rammsteinfan
DVD Talk Limited Edition

March 11 was the date that was thrown around recently...
Old 02-12-05, 06:51 PM   #8
cactusoly
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 02-12-05, 07:06 PM   #9
Terrell

CoGro at millenniumfalcon.com has seen the trailer. Don't ask me how, but I can vouch for him. Here's he description, reaction, and some quotes about the trailer. Take it for what it's worth, one person's opinion. Also realize that the excitement of seeing a new SW trailer can influence someone's excitement or reaction. So take that into account as well, and we'll see sometime in March, unless it gets leaked.

Quote:
...I was wowed by a trailer like I've never been before.

It's just the best trailer of all the Star Wars films, by far.

The trailer description posted before was accurate, but it wasn't finalized by then, because music runs throughout and obviously, effects have been finalized. General Grievous is seen, briefly, but his magnaguards are easily recognized in battle.

Space Battle shots....wow, some lower atmospheric battle, dogfighting like I've never seen before and capital ships pounding away at each other.

Mustafar looks unbelieveable in some of the shots, especially the wide shots in the latter part of the trailer with Obi-wan and Anakin dueling close to lava.

one guy brought a camera and it was taken away from him, so I wouldn't have fared any better.

It was confirmed yet again from these people that the trailer will be seen with Robots on March 11, but should appear on the internet and on TV that week as well.

As of right now, I am feeling, however naive I may be at this moment, that Revenge of the Sith will be the best Star Wars movie of all of them. This trailer doesn't leave you thinking otherwise.
Quote:
There's one shot near the end of the trailer of Obi-wan on Utapau fighting the Magnaguards with Grievous approaching with tons of droids that reminded me of the shot in AOTC in the arena with the jedi surrounded.

The dialogue in the movie sounds much less forced, and way more natural
Quote:
the Padme crying shot is probably the first bit of real acting I've seen from Natalie this series. The tone of the trailer is definately dark, and the palpatine shots made me gasp a bit, from amazement. It's just really well done.
Quote:
Here goes, from what I can recall:

20th century fox

Lucasfilm Ltd

"The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not from a Jedi."

Then it's shots of palps talking to anakin, then obi to anakin, then mace to anakin "We do not grant you the rank of master"

At one point there's a quick shot of starfighters dogfighting in the battle. and of a magna guard facing the camera on the invisible hand.

Soon after the droid shot you see Mace barging into Palpatine's quarters.

There's a senate shot that cuts to Palpatine announcing Order 66. which cuts right to Vader (anakin) marching with stormtroopers in the temple.

There's a shot from the clonetrooper loading dock with transports, followed by Kashyyyk shots. This part is action heavy, the camera movements are quick, and really stunning. At one point you see an explosion in the Senate chamber.

The final shots that build up to the titles are Obi-wan and Anakin fighting, "You are the chosen one!" then EPISODE III ROTS.....Vader and Palps, then end credits.

Additional stuff:

There's one amazing Sidious shot with his face twisted that looks terrific.

The space battle stuff really sticks with me more than anything just because I'm most excited for that right now. It's just gorgeous.

Mustafar is very, very red. The shots reallyl give you the impression of hell, and I guess that's why that comparison has been brought up a bunch my Lucas.
If you want to read more, go here.

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpb...t=2975&start=0

Last edited by Terrell; 02-12-05 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-12-05, 07:45 PM   #10
PopcornTreeCt
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting, but the dude loses credibility when he says: As of right now, I am feeling, however naive I may be at this moment, that Revenge of the Sith will be the best Star Wars movie of all of them.

Maybe he means best new Star Wars movie.
Old 02-12-05, 08:26 PM   #11
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Dude, the amount of saber battles expected in this film has me drooling and thinking that this will top them all.

twice as dark as empire with a lot more ass kickery.
Old 02-12-05, 08:32 PM   #12
tofu
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, I can't wait. I kinda hope some pictures are leaked soon somehow.
Old 02-12-05, 08:39 PM   #13
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Hasn't there been enough pictures leaked?
Old 02-12-05, 08:41 PM   #14
Terrell

Quote:
Maybe he means best new Star Wars movie.
Then again, maybe he means best Star Wars movie period.
Old 02-12-05, 10:38 PM   #15
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't wait can't wait! did I say I can't wait?!
Old 02-13-05, 02:44 AM   #16
Kal-El
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want to see this. NOW.
Old 02-13-05, 09:53 AM   #17
cruzness
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Sweet!
Old 02-13-05, 01:04 PM   #18
tommyp007

Old 02-13-05, 03:16 PM   #19
Dr. DVD
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Dude, the amount of saber battles expected in this film has me drooling and thinking that this will top them all.

I think GL has finally realized that it's the saber action that gets the most praise in his SW movies, and has decided to make his last one chock full of it.
Old 02-13-05, 03:18 PM   #20
Artman
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Jack have you been able to see any footage at Fox, or do these movies stay at Lucasfilm until they're finished?
Old 02-13-05, 07:52 PM   #21
Jackskeleton
DVD Talk Godfather

I see very little. Lucasfilm is pretty tight lipped and fox is just distributor. So while I do get a piece of scraps to drool over, it's not much more than anything that has been released in threads like this and other internet leaks.
Old 02-13-05, 08:17 PM   #22
Bandoman
DVD Talk Hero

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
I'm going to continue to tell myself that this wll be a mediocre film so that I don't raise my expectations so high that I'm certain to be disappointed. With all the cool spoilers, however, I'm having a difficult time containing my anticipation.

Old 02-13-05, 08:50 PM   #23
buckee1

yep...definatley
Old 02-14-05, 07:39 AM   #24
raven56706
DVD Talk Legend

please now... pleassseeee
Old 02-24-05, 05:59 AM   #25
outcastja
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another detailed description on http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/

LFL Logo, Fox logo etc.

A Theta-Class shuttle and three fighters fly by the camera towards Coruscant.

Coruscant, late afternoon, the Republic Executive Office appears for a brief moment.

Palpatine (close-up, speaking very slowly, deliberately, looking straight ahead, watching the ballet)

PALPATINE
...The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Anakin closeup (extremely focused on Palpatine's words)

ANAKIN
Is this possible to learn those powers?"

Palpatine (close-up, matter-of-factly, facing Anakin)

PALPATINE
Not from a Jedi.

A civilian shuttle turns over the Coruscant cityscape towards the Senate building.

Obi-Wan and Anakin are inside the Temple, walking down stairs.

OBI-WAN
The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellors dealings.

Magna Droids stand with two Battle Droids.

ANAKIN
That's treason.

Palpatine standing up from his chair in his private office.

OBI-WAN
We are at war, Anakin.

The space battle and some explosion where clone-troopers die.

Anakin moves to take a seat in the Chancellor's private viewing box in Galaxies Opera. We see huge spheres of water levitating over stage with dancers inside them.

Mace (voice over, in a grim voice)

MACE
...Very dangerous putting them together...

Palpatine in his office, patting Anakin's shoulder.

MACE
I don't think the boy can handle it...

Mace & Obi in the gunship over Coruscant.

MACE
I don't trust him.

Tri droids blazing guns, Republic fighter exploding, debris flying by.

Palpatine in his office (concerned).

PALPATINE
I need your help, son.

Palpatine walks away from Anakin:

PALPATINE
I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council.

Anakin standing in the middle of the Jedi Council room. We see him from behind. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo-Koon appear holographic with other Jedi Masters present.

MACE
You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Kenobi looks away from Anakin's reaction.

ANAKIN (close-up, shocked)
What?

In Padme's apartment - Bedroom.

ANAKIN (to Padme, bitterly)
Obi-Wan and The Council don't trust me.

Huge gun with clone crew, large explosion aboard ship.

Palpatine (V.O)
Learn to know the dark side of the Force...

Anakin grim and focused, listening; then with Padme, at night on the balcony.

PALPATINE in his office (forcefully)
... And you'll achieve power greater than any Jedi.

Anakin briefly fighting Dooku and then the posse entering private office.

Music stops.

The Jedi ignite lightsabers.

MACE
You're under arrest, Chancellor.

Palpatine in his chair carefully controlling his anger.

PALPATINE
Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Close up: lightsaber hilt snaps to Palpatine's hand with audible click.

From now on, 10 drum beats and no other sound - one for each short (second or two) scene

- Posse enter, but this time Sidious jumps in its direction from behind (over) the camera, we only see his back; then Mace in defensive pose;

- Ship (Grievous' fighter) flying away from a planet;

- Obi-Wan in huge control room on Utapau, totally surrounded by battle droids, MagnaGuards and Grievous;

- Capital ships fighting in close quarters, one of them falling down smoking heavily;

- Bail shouting in his speeder, with blaster shots flying by;

- Obi-Wan's fighter flying over Utapau;

- Anakin hanging in the elevator (turbolift) shaft;

- Camera flying down to Mustafar surface;

- Grievous versus Obi-Wan Kenobi duel; we see Grievous from behind only; his fighter and some rocks in the background.

- One-tracked vehicle (tank) speeding on and closing to the camera; Wookiees jump off it, one of them straight on the camera.

Longshot: pillar of smoke over Jedi Temple.

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic...

During this line, brief scenes are shown: Sidious' not so pretty face, Obi-Wan looking anxiously at droids closing on him, then Mace with saber and Palpatine's back (his hair indicates strong wind), then Yoda with clones behind his back - aiming blasters at him.

Chewbacca (close-up), roars.

Tantive IV flies by, towards a planet.

PALPATINE (V.O.):
Do what must be done.

During this line: Anakin Skywalker looks very dark and dangerous, hooded in robe, then leading ranks of troops (shot first from high above and then from ground level, closing to the camera).

PALPATINE (cont.):
Do not hesitate...

During this line: Aayla Secura surrounded by clones who aim blasters at her....

PALPATINE (cont.):
Show no mercy...

Ki-Adi-Mundi also surrounded by clones; they open fire and he tries to block shots with lightsaber.

Then, Anakin Skywalker approaches the camera, probably in a Mustafar bunker, then cuts down two separtists.

OBI-WAN KENOBI (to Yoda inside the Temple):
Who could have done this?

Anakin Skywalker cutting a Neimoidian.

A very sith-like Anakin Skywalker, standing on the pillared balcony on Mustafar, in dark cloak and hood.

YODA (to Obi-Wan):
Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become.

Anakin Skywalker cutting into another Neimoidian.

Threepio, leaving Padme on the balcony, Coruscant at night: "I feel so helpless...".

Then a montage:

* Battle over Coruscant.
* Jedi starfighter incoming.
* Padme crying.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan duel in large hall.
* Coruscant battle again.
* Kashyyk battle.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange lightsaber blows in a narrow corridor, with sparks flying off the walls.
* Sidious shooting force lightning at a surprised Yoda.
* Obi-Wan with hands outstretched for a force push, determined and tight, like in a contest "who's stronger in The Force".
* A 10-wheeled Juggernatu tank shoots rockets straight ahead.
* Space battle with R2 close-up.
* Obi-wan jumps back, down to the circuit/ pipe hanging over a lava river.
* Anakin Skywalker with lava in the background.
* Obi-Wan Kenobi with lava in the background, shouting very dramatically, almost through the tears:

OBI-WAN KENOBI -
You were the chosen one!

* Space explosions.
* Sidious throwing Senate pods with The Force.
* Yoda avoiding them and rolling over - Senate chamber in the background.
* Sidious with lightsaber close-up, with a very sinister smile or laugh.
* Craft flying over water, possibly on Kashyyyk; fountains of water arise.
* Huge wave of lava falls over a pipe on Mustafar.
* Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on the balcony. (The same place where Anakin stood earlier, Sith-looking).
* Yoda looks up at the camera, close-up.
* Mace swinging his saber and kicking or falling back
* Space battle again.
* Anakin and Obi-Wan exchange lightsaber blows in mid-air, flying over lava on long cables...

Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Breathing...

Shot from their left side, aboard the Star Destroyer: Vader folding arms on his chest and and Emperor staring straight ahead.
Sponsored Links