Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Paul W.S. Anderson scripting a new "Aliens" film (no predators)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Paul W.S. Anderson scripting a new "Aliens" film (no predators)

Old 10-18-04, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mah - whatever. The franchise is dead to me now, with AvP being the final stake through the heart. So go ahead, get Paul Anderson to direct, with Uwe Boll to produce and Freddy Prinze as the lead.

It no longer matters.
Old 10-18-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Will Scooby Do also be in there?
Old 10-18-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aww god damn it...

Old 10-19-04, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The series ended with the end credits of "Aliens"

Thats my story and I am sticking to it!
Old 10-19-04, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ridiculous. They DO know better than to do this. Just because Anderson writes the script doesn't mean Sigourney will sign on if its a piece of garbage....Weaver's participation ups the box office by LOTS of those $$$$.
Old 10-19-04, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally posted by darqleo
Rainer Wolfcastle: "My new movie is me, standing in front of a brick wall for 90 minutes. It cost 80 million dollars to make."

Jay Sherman: "How do you sleep at night?"

Rainier Wolfcastle: "On top of a pile of money, with many beautiful women."

LOL, the best use of a Simpsons quote by far.
Old 10-20-04, 05:23 AM
Cool New Member

Further down the spiral we go. We still have Alien and Aliens though. PWSA cant take that away. Well, he can rip scenes off.

Hopefully, instead of resurrecting the same formula, he'll tap into the unused idea that the first two had. That.... umm... "W" company... capturing a few of the aliens and using them.

Last edited by Razor Ramon; 10-20-04 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-20-04, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
He had the perfect chance to link AvP with a potentail alien film but he wasted the whole Weyland industries connection in AvP by killing off ol' Weyland so early on leaving no real connection. A shame really.
Old 10-20-04, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
ol weyland was dead for the first 4 Alien movies and it didn't seem to stop him from being in some of em.
Old 10-20-04, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Goody.
Old 10-20-04, 08:06 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

this really sucks
Old 10-20-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent.

To the haters: HA ha!
Old 10-20-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by Trigger
ol weyland was dead for the first 4 Alien movies and it didn't seem to stop him from being in some of em.
only problem with that is we never knew why or how weyland knew about these creatures enough to want to send a crew after them. Now we still don't know and we saw him alive. If they gave him half a chance to spread the word to a partner or make it out alive, we would realize why to some degree. Now we just think the guy has a robot built for him because he died mysteriously decades ago.
Old 10-20-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait...where was Weyland in the "Alien" movies?

Are you talking about a single guy or the corporation?

And when in the timeline does AvP take place? Sometime between 1997 (Predator 2) & 2125-ish (Alien)?

(No i havent seen AvP)
Old 10-20-04, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

time line goes like this

Predator (1987)-> predator 2 (1997)---> AvP (2004) Alien (2122) -->aliens (2179)

Weyland Yutani industries are the ones who picked up the signal and in a sense is "the company". They also terraformed the colonies on LV-426(aliens). You can see the Weyland mark in the buildings and other spots throughout Aliens.

The funny thing is that a space traffic control station is established in Antarctica in the mid-late 21st century. You would think that P.W.S.A would try to follow some continuity in the series.
Old 10-20-04, 06:41 PM

why would anyone think that?
Old 10-20-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

think what?
Old 10-20-04, 06:51 PM

that he would try to follow some continuity in the series. I was just too lazy to quote you so my post would make sense.
Old 10-20-04, 07:23 PM

sad, sad day...
Old 10-20-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by MahatmaPetey
that he would try to follow some continuity in the series. I was just too lazy to quote you so my post would make sense.

Because he is actually connecting the company to this being the first contact with the xenomoprhs. This seems to be why "the company" has the addiction to find this perfect weapon. Why the Ash was programed to bring back a sample of this perfect weapon back on the nostromo. Why they answered the disstress signal in the first place. Weyland, also being the person Bishop was modeled after was suppose to be there for a reason. That is why he was suppose to, or for my money, would make sense to follow some continuity to the series. Because If he was going to use a character from the other series, he should do it right.
Old 10-21-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
time line goes like this

Predator (1987)-> predator 2 (1997)---> AvP (2004) Alien (2122) -->aliens (2179)
AvP takes place in this year? hmmm

Weyland Yutani industries are the ones who picked up the signal and in a sense is "the company". They also terraformed the colonies on LV-426(aliens). You can see the Weyland mark in the buildings and other spots throughout Aliens.
I know this, but I asked about the comment that Weyland himself was somehow in the "Alien" movies.

If he is dead by the time "Alien" rolls around then how can *HE* (not his company) be in the later (timeline wise) films?

The funny thing is that a space traffic control station is established in Antarctica in the mid-late 21st century. You would think that P.W.S.A would try to follow some continuity in the series.
Where was this mentioned?
Old 10-21-04, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know this, but I asked about the comment that Weyland himself was somehow in the "Alien" movies.

If he is dead by the time "Alien" rolls around then how can *HE* (not his company) be in the later (timeline wise) films?

Weyland industries = "the Company". So in alien, and for the most part in aliens as well, it's only refered to as "the Company". In the directors cut of aliens you get to see the company logos and you get it refered to. But the company in AvP is Weyland industries. Which we learn is The Company.

"HE" is in Alien as "the company" The faceless corporation that wants ASH to bring back a sample of these ultimate weapon using the crew as host. In aliens, Lances plays Bishop, an andriod that is modeled after the founder of the company, Charles Bishop Weyland who is in AvP as himself in present time.

see the connection now? In alien3 he is there again. In the directors cut he claims to be the real Charles Bishop, but that is not entirely true. Maybe it's a clone, or maybe it's just another driod who knows. The point is that the company motto is still "Find those aliens" even if Weyland is long since dead. This search should have started in AvP when he first makes contact with the beast.

The time line comes form other outside sources. Scripts, books, and other official sources. Much like the detailed items of how a pulse rifle works. You don't see it on screen describing in detail how it works, but there is resources that are official that give the background if you so choose to look. A good source is the Col. Marines technical guidebook. A good read for any aliens nut. I believe it may also be on one of the bonus disc of either the quadrilogy or the other alien package.

Here is a rather extensive alien history timeline site that uses good sources to come up with a time line.:
http://time.absoluteavp.com/index.html

Now one on Predators:
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Predator%202

A lot of things about AvP go against the stuff already ruled into the Alien and Predator Universe. Cold tempature, hell, putting them on earth in itself sucked.
Old 10-21-04, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Please don't do this. Oh well, doesn't matter..won't watch it. Caught AVP for $5 and it was a waste.