Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Cellular REview

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I thought it was very silly. Just about everything that everyone did in the whole movie just defies logic and it is extremely unbelievable. I hate movies where the characters exist in their own little world and nothing they do has consequences or effects in the outside world. I guess William H. Macy is the only cop in L.A.
Old 09-15-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like I'll wait for the DVD. I must admit my only interest in this movie was that me and a friend of mine got yelled at last year when we unkowingly walked through the background during a scene they were shooting at the Santa Monica Pier
Old 09-23-04, 11:32 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i quite liked it, not bad at all
Old 09-24-04, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I think it's silly for people not to like a film because "it isn't realistic," it still wasn't that great. Average, at best, I would say.
Old 09-25-04, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I entered the film with low expectations, despite decent buzz, and came out of the film enjoying the crazy ride the film took the viewers on for 90 minutes.

This is one of those films where the audience gets into the film, and almost thinks it's getting to participate in what's going on on screen. We don't get shortchanged in the tension, or the action, and the film seldom drags. So moving at a brisk pace, even some of the stuff that stretches disbelief gets a pass because the film is having a lot of fun with the concept and execution of the script.

So ratchet down the expectations, and you'll have fun with this film.

I give it 3 stars or a grade of B.

Last edited by Patman; 09-25-04 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-25-04, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just found out that "Nipples" was played by Chantille Boudousque, who won the "Are you Hot or Not?" contest on ABC (among the females) last year.

Last edited by Patman; 09-25-04 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-25-04, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Finally saw the entire thing today - it was pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing, but good.