Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

BloodRayne now has Ben Kingsley

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08...s_6104608.html

Oscar-winner officially joins the cast of game-inspired horror-actioner; Michelle Rodriguez reportedly being considered for part.
One week after Terminator 3 star Kristanna Loken signed on to play the titular bloodsucker in BloodRayne, the game adaptation has enlisted some higher-caliber talent. Majesco reps have confirmed to GameSpot that Ben Kingsley has signed on to play the vampire overlord Kagan, who is also BloodRayne's father. Set over two centuries after events in the game, the film will follow BloodRayne's quest to stop Kagan's nefarious schemes to slaughter mankind.

Kingsley had been committed to Vengeance, Steven Spielberg's thriller about the Mossad's terrorist-assassination campaign following the 1972 Munich Olympics massacre. However, worries about modern-day terrorism delayed filming, causing the Oscar-winning actor's exit.

Given BloodRayne director Uwe Boll's track record (Exhibit A: House of the Dead), some are considering Kingsley's casting the most questionable career move since Jeremy Irons signed onto Dungeons and Dragons. However, the film's screenplay is being written by Guinevere Turner, who penned the script for American Pyscho.

In other news, Comingsoon.net, the Blue's News of the film world, is reporting that Resident Evil star and Driver 3 voice actor Michelle Rodiguez is being considered for a role in BloodRayne. Majesco reps would not confirm the casting as of press time. The film is due for release in 2005.
Don't tell me Ben Kingsley gave up on a Speilberg film to do an Uwe Boll film.

Uwe Boll must be stopped.
Old 08-11-04, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they begin filming this when the awful-looking "Alone in the Dark" hits theaters, the cast of BloodRayne is gonna be shitting their pants...They'll realize how much of a hack the director is. Do they not do their homework? All they need to do is rent House of the Dead and they'd see that Uwe Boll can't direct.
Old 08-11-04, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Seantn
If they begin filming this when the awful-looking "Alone in the Dark" hits theaters, the cast of BloodRayne is gonna be shitting their pants...They'll realize how much of a hack the director is. Do they not do their homework? All they need to do is rent House of the Dead and they'd see that Uwe Boll can't direct.
How bad can this be with this line:

BloodRayne will be rated R, partly because Kristanna will be exposing some flesh.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=5926

Keep on going Boll!!!!
Old 08-11-04, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How, how, how does Uwe Boll do this? In some ways you have to admire the guy. Somehow, not only does he manage to get financing for his movies (though in truth I'm sure that has more to do with the monetary success of HOD than anything else) but he gets real actors to join in! I don't know how he pulls it off, but I wish he'd tell me cause for being such an awful director, thats pretty impressive.
Old 08-11-04, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How, how, how does Uwe Boll do this?
Because he has the money to pull it off. I don't know if it's his money or what, but he's slowly creating something for himself by making shitty video game movies. Kinda like that schmuck Paul W.S. Anderson!

Old 08-11-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
wow. after seeing the extended teaser for alone in the dark, The new enemyon the field is Boll. forget Paul Anderson, Atleast he gets good eye candy.
Old 08-12-04, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I love the game Bloodrayne and I look forward to the game sequel.

I hope they do it justice.

She might look good "fleshed out" (Non-nude pics)