Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

It's back! DVDTalk HSX Leaderboard: 7/30 (Box Office Game)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

It's back! DVDTalk HSX Leaderboard: 7/30 (Box Office Game)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
I don't play the close weekends and yet I'm still top ten
Old 08-04-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I usually do not play the openers since I always lose money on the ones I play

I think COLAT has a good chance of making the adjust or beating the numbers at the levels it is at now.(84ish)

Of course I will not touch it since I would end up being wrong as usual

eidt:

another good day today moving over $24 million. If the stocks I bought tonight can move a bit more I have a chance for $25 million by tomorrow.

Those STD players are real tough. The top three are doing huge numbers. I do not see how I can ever catch them unless they make a big mistake or I get lucky.

Last edited by gcribbs; 08-05-04 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-05-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I woke up with COLAT sucking me in at -3.50 and I was at where I bought it at. Right now it's +4.50, a little more and I'll sell it off. I'm one of those that doesn't touch the weekend openers other then a Put and Call option. I short one and buy the other. AVSP is still sucking me dry though. I'm sure with the call of it at 35 people will be buying it back up to make it past the 100 per share mark again.

As one of my first buys when joining, I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-05-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Note to self short AVSP

I expect this might go up although I would not be shocked to see it drop down below $90 a share and hang around that level. I am not sure what people think of this one.
Old 08-05-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I thought people made up their choice of a films potential based off the call/put. With a call/put price of 35, it's projected opening weekend seems to be pretty good. especially since collateral is set up for 30 million. that leaves a lot of room for AvsP to have room by itself with Village two weeks old.

then again I could be wrong.
Old 08-05-04, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by gcribbs

Those STD players are real tough. The top three are doing huge numbers. I do not see how I can ever catch them unless they make a big mistake or I get lucky.
You are ranked 4th on the STD list? That sucks. If I was you I would do everything I could to get off that list. Its so public. What does your wife say about all this? Mine would have me sleeping on the couch for sure.
Old 08-05-04, 06:46 PM

Ok, I could use some quick advice as a newbie. I have a bunch of shares of the Boure Supremacy Blockbuster Warrant for $100m. If (when) it breaks $100 million gross, it will pay off at $1 per share per $1million it goes over $100 million. It was really close at the end of last weekend, but I can sell the options right now and make $20 per.

I'm not sure what to do?
Old 08-05-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Blockbuster warrents don't pay out till september 6th. What it means is once it passes $100 million then it becomes profitable. Much like a Put/Call. the point of that warrent is that you are betting that the film will make 100 million + by september 6
Old 08-05-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kcbrett5
You are ranked 4th on the STD list? That sucks. If I was you I would do everything I could to get off that list. Its so public. What does your wife say about all this? Mine would have me sleeping on the couch for sure.
My wife left me years ago so the STD issue is no longer a problem

Sorry for jinxing you Jack on AVSP. Had I known just saying it would work I would have actually shorted the stock and made some money off of it
Old 08-05-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ha. curse you! curse you and your um... curse.. um. yeah.

In total AVSP has made me lose 1/2 a million today. Thankfully other investments have somewhat balanced me out.

My best hope for AvsP is that once the weekend commish free period kicks off people will buy next weeks stock, like they do every week. I'll jump off it whenever possible. But the price is still well projected for the adjust so It will go back up in the long haul.

Collateral on the other hand has caused me to have great confusion. which way is it going? started off at +5.50 then down to +1.00 and then up to +4.00 and then back down. Ouch!

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 08-05-04 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
You should know better than to listen to gcribbs after the FH911 fiasco
Old 08-05-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by devilshalo
You should know better than to listen to gcribbs after the FH911 fiasco
actually as bad as my weekend predictions are I am shocked I ever make any money

Yet I find a way to make some most days.

As far at the Born2 BW. I would hold it till this weekend commission free and then dump it. I think if you invest it and keep turning it you can make more than you can holding it.

IMO. YMMV.

I own none of the BW's that are out now. I have from time to time owned them and made some good money off of them. When the returns drop I get out and move to other investments.

I might pick them up closer to cashout if I think I can make some good money on them.
Old 08-06-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Note to self short AVSP

I expect this might go up although I would not be shocked to see it drop down below $90 a share and hang around that level. I am not sure what people think of this one.
I should have listened to me

it is dropping like a stone.
Old 08-06-04, 01:49 AM

please add me

dvdtalk_nohomer
Old 08-06-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

ouch ouch ouch ouch. the pain Even collateral is hurting pretty bad.
Old 08-06-04, 07:23 AM

My wife left me years ago so the STD issue is no longer a problem

Shocking.