Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Old 07-26-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
But still, some people do need to get a life. I have better things to do that repeatedly post about movies I hate. I already wasted $ and time watching them. I may post a brief review, but then I'm done discussing that flick. But others are entitled to do what they may I guess. Maybe many posting here have less busy social calendars than me.
You just don't get it, do you? I'll use small words so you understand. WE...DON'T...HATE...STAR...WARS. In fact, I think we love Star Wars more than a lot of the people here who gobble up GL's new crap like it's a delicious all-you-can-eat crap buffet. That's the reason why we keep talking about it, bitching about it, and arguing with you people (who have to resort to patronizing tones and veiled personal attacks) , is we still have hope for these movies to come out with less changes as opposed to more. Therefore when a NEW change pops up, it's starts the rage all over again. If we didn't love Star Wars, why would we be posting in these threads?
Old 07-26-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
WHOO! THIS THREAD IS SPICY!

Old 07-26-04, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

@ Ranger
Old 07-26-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Abranut
You just don't get it, do you?
I really don't.

I'll use small words so you understand. WE...DON'T...HATE...STAR...WARS.
Contradict yourself much? Who's being patronizing here?

In fact, I think we love Star Wars more than a lot of the people here who gobble up GL's new crap like it's a delicious all-you-can-eat crap buffet.
2-for-2. Thinly veiled--ok, not so thin--personal attack anyone?

That's the reason why we keep talking about it, bitching about it, and arguing with you people (who have to resort to patronizing tones and veiled personal attacks)
See above.

is we still have hope for these movies to come out with less changes as opposed to more. Therefore when a NEW change pops up, it's starts the rage all over again.
So it's like a compulsion you mean? Ok.

If we didn't love Star Wars, why would we be posting in these threads?
I ask myself that very same question whenever I read posts like this:

Shit That Doesn't Make Sense in Lucas' Current View of Star Wars No. 56.

It seems like come September these new Special Editions Version 2.0 are just gonna kick off a whole brand-new debate on its laundry list of changes that make no sense or are completely arbitrary and inconsequential. All because of this obsessive attempt to make his films seem relevant in a technical age much different than it was in the early 80's. I cannot fathom why no one simply slaps the guy and says, "Enough!!!"

George Lucas working on his Star Wars films is like Michael Jackson working on his face. Both are trying to reach a level of perfection that is absolutely unattainable and impossible.

And the more they tinker.......the more they f*** up.
Old 07-26-04, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by adamblast
'Cause you don't like his opinion??
No. Rivero stalks EVERY SINGLE SW conversation and craps all over the place. He trolls for responses from us "fanboys" and derails every conversation about SW. He said even before the DVDs were officially announced that he has no intention of buying them, yet still spreads his shit all over the place. In EVERY SINGLE SW thread. I have never seen his posts add anything to the conversation. In a nutshell, it is not this one post that puts him over the top, it is his history of posts.

I can deal with someone saying thay they don't like the prequels and debating it, intelligently. On top of that, I agree that some of the changes are unnecessary and over the top. I also don't care if the thread is about the title and then evolves into something else, but when it degenerates into the name calling (as it does every single time) it just sucks. THAT is what a threadcrap is.
Old 07-26-04, 05:24 PM
Mod Emeritus

Well, this isn't going well. Guys, if someone is causing a problem, either ignore them or report them. Going back and forth with each other isn't going to make the discussion any better.