Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Teaser Trailer for (what's) The Deal

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-04, 01:09 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We put together a teaser trailer for our upcoming short film, (what's) The Deal? .. We had to add the what's to the name because of that Christian Slater movie coming out with the same name

If anyone is interested feel free to visit our website at www.cowbellfilms.com. It's a short film that will be about 45 minutes long and will be showing at film festivals all over the country this coming fall, winter & spring. More info about the film is our the website
Old 07-03-04, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are you posting this for free advertising or do you want a critique of your trailer? Well, I'm going to critique it anyway.

I watched it, and have no idea what kind of movie this is. It seems like you guys are big fans of "Lock Stock & Snatch"and that's all I got.

Teasers are typically used to market films that actually have an established market. i.e. "This summer...The dinosaurs are BACK!" for Jurassic Park 4, or whatever. The audience's interests are piqued because of familiarity or interest in the brand, the actors, the story, director, etc.

You have none of this. What do you have? You have your movie...that's it.

So, show it! Show us something! Introduce the characters, have some images cut to music at least. It felt like this "teaser" was put together because:

A: Your movie isn't done, but you wanted to put something out there.

OR

B: Your movie IS done but you don't want to include any of it because it's hard to cut together your 45 minute movie into 90 seconds and have it make sense.

Either reason is totally acceptable, but I recommend if you want people to actually want to see your film, you'll cut a different trailer (preferably without the fake British accent).

Sorry if this is a little harsh. I'm trying to help. Really, I am.

Kudos to you for putting something out there. Having worked on a million indy films, I know how much work goes into the process.

Best of luck with your film.
Old 07-03-04, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Abranut
A: Your movie isn't done, but you wanted to put something out there.
It says on the site they haven't started filming yet.
Old 07-03-04, 10:25 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the critique, that's why I posted it not so much for "advertising" Yes, the reason we made it is because we wanted to show something, even though we currently have nothing since we don't start filming to next week. but a lot of folks who are into our stuff keep begging us for info so we made a little teaser for them.

When the film is done we will have a real trailer. I guess you could say this was just something to wet the appetites We wanted it to be different than what the movie really is, kinda like those teasers that don't show anything like the one for Ocean's 12 for instance. It's a comedy centered around a big party and a guy that just can't say no to his friends (which gets him in trouble all the time).
Old 07-03-04, 11:55 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Don't quit your day job.
Old 07-03-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by necros
It's a comedy centered around a big party and a guy that just can't say no to his friends (which gets him in trouble all the time).
...well I totally picked that up from watching the trailer.

By the way, did you ever release these movies? I remember seeing the Cringe preview awhile ago, it looked funny.