Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man 2 discussion: Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-Man 2 discussion: Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jonpeters
I want Mysterio or the Shocker in Spidey 3.
Shocker in Spidey 3

I would like to have a minor villian right at the start of the movie that spidey beats up.
Old 07-01-04, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kenny79
Lizard? Goblin Jr.? Venom? Feh.

I WANT HYDROMAN!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn't it WaterWizard or something like that?

Hydroman sounds like someone mega man would fight.
Old 07-01-04, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by majorjoe23
Did anyone else notice that they never resolved Aunt May's eviction from the house? I figured Peter would find some way to save her place.
I figured they were going to find out Peter's comic book collection was valuable and that they would get it back and use it to pay off the house.
Old 07-01-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
LOL

close.

Queer as folk. and Talk Soup.

Yah, that guy. Hal Sparks

Though I don't know why that would have made it funnier.
it was funnier cuz the audience realizes who the guy is. Peter Parker is straight and the other guy is gay.

I mean it doesn't all of a sudden go from a funny factor of 1 to 10 but it does move up say from a 5 to a 6 or 7.
Old 07-01-04, 10:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by Dabaomb
it was funnier cuz the audience realizes who the guy is. Peter Parker is straight and the other guy is gay.

I mean it doesn't all of a sudden go from a funny factor of 1 to 10 but it does move up say from a 5 to a 6 or 7.
no what I thought was funny, was that Hal's fictious character from "Queer As Folk" is an avid comic book collector/afficionade.
Old 07-01-04, 10:45 AM
Suspended

So who's gonna be the part 3 villan? I say thy skip green goblin 2 and go right for Ethan Suplee as the rhino!
Old 07-01-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seemed way too depressing. I mean give the guy just a little break during the movie (besides the payoff at the end).

Not enough action.

Also could've done without the screaming/playing baby soundtrack that was going on in my theater. I know that will be taken out of the DVD version.

What I liked, I loved. What I didn't, I still enjoyed. I'd give it 4 stars out of 5. Maybe rate it higher when I can see it without all the distractions of babies crying, people talking, chair being kicked, etc...
Old 07-01-04, 10:53 AM

Originally posted by necros
So who's gonna be the part 3 villan? I say thy skip green goblin 2 and go right for Ethan Suplee as the rhino!
can't tell if you're being mean about the Ethan Suplee casting decision there.
Old 07-01-04, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Maybe rate it higher when I can see it without all the distractions of babies crying, people talking, chair being kicked, etc...
Talk about kids: the kid next to me was snoring. His tiny two year sister was so small that when she was asleep it looked like the fold up chair was going to suffocate her.
Old 07-01-04, 12:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Remember, Peter went to the doctor, and his diagnosis was that nothing was "wrong" with Peter physically, and that it was mainly in his head
so it was all in his head?? i still don't understand that completely? i can maybe see my way past not having webbing for a time because in 1 he learned how to make that go and thus maybe in his mind he wasn't able to shoot or shoot straight. But with those micro-feelers that we saw protrude in 1 and thus climbing the walls..that is totally a physical attribute, as well as his strength for that matter.

So how could those disappear simply because he is having brain cramps? Those micro-feelers would still make him stick to a wall regardless if he remembers how to or not. His spidey strength still would have protected himself and his back if he had fallen.

I thought maybe the radioactiveness was wearing off or something. Is that not at all the case?
Old 07-01-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
There was no evidence that the radioactivity was wearing off. Think of it as performance anxiety, when a batter is going through a slump or some dude can't "perform" it's usually not because there is anything physically wrong with him.
Old 07-01-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Shocker in Spidey 3
Everyone loves THE SHOCKER

Old 07-01-04, 12:35 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by scott1598
so it was all in his head?? i still don't understand that completely? i can maybe see my way past not having webbing for a time because in 1 he learned how to make that go and thus maybe in his mind he wasn't able to shoot or shoot straight. But with those micro-feelers that we saw protrude in 1 and thus climbing the walls..that is totally a physical attribute, as well as his strength for that matter.

So how could those disappear simply because he is having brain cramps? Those micro-feelers would still make him stick to a wall regardless if he remembers how to or not. His spidey strength still would have protected himself and his back if he had fallen.

I thought maybe the radioactiveness was wearing off or something. Is that not at all the case?
Peter's clinging isnt an "Always On" kind of power. If it was, he would never be able to put anything down after picking it up, right? Look, for example, to just after he got his powers when he was chasing the school bus - the power was always on due to his lack of control, and he pulled the sign off the side because of it.

So, his clinging is just a matter of control.

Then consider this: you are REALLY stressed out at work, the rent is late, your car just got repoed, ect, ect. So lets say amid all this you go and try and make some whoopie with your Lady. Unable to concentrate because of all the shit happening to you in your life, Mr Happy is unable to perform.

But Mr Happy is just a series of bio-chemical responses right? Shouldnt he be able to get to full attention regardless of what's going on in your head? And yet, it happens all the time, right?

Same sort of thing here. Peter cant concentrate, therefore the sticky goes away.

Last edited by El-Kabong; 07-01-04 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-01-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally posted by El-Kabong
Peter's clinging isnt an "Always On" kind of power. If it was, he would never be able to put anything down after picking it up, right? Look, for example, to just after he got his powers when he was chasing the school bus - the power was always on due to his lack of control, and he pulled the sign off the side because of it.

So, his clinging is just a matter of control.

Then consider this: you are REALLY stressed out at work, the rent is late, your car just got repoed, ect, ect. So lets say amid all this you go and try and make some whoopie with your Lady. Unable to concentrate because of all the shit happening to you in your life, Mr Happy is unable to perform.

But Mr Happy is just a series of bio-chemical responses right? Shouldnt he be able to get to full attention regardless of what's going on in your head? And yet, it happens all the time, right?

Same sort of thing here. Peter cant concentrate, therefore the sticky goes away.

Peter can't concentrate, so he can't shoot the sticky fluid. I get it!
Old 07-01-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Giles
Talk about kids: the kid next to me was snoring. His tiny two year sister was so small that when she was asleep it looked like the fold up chair was going to suffocate her.
My fiancee and I got into line and these 4 or 5 guys in line behind us started to have an indepth discussion about Star Wars 3. I've been avoiding spoilers on that one, and I kept a fast convo going with my fiancee to drown them out. We waited for about 5 minutes in line. We get in and take our normal seats in the theater, in the back row. The guys from the lobby sit right in front of us. One starts to say someything about Anakin and I turned to the fiancee and said "we're moving." She was a bit ticked off, but there was no way I was gonna let some loose lipped teenagers to ruin something for me.

SM2 was fantastic, better than the first. I will make a bold statement and say, it was just as good as Superman. All the little touches were there. I don't understands people saying Dunst and Tobey were bad, they were amazing. The chemistry between them is incredible. I had misty eyes quite a few times during the film.

I'll agree with an earlier poster and say that this is one of the better films of the past five years.
Old 07-01-04, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Giles
can't tell if you're being mean about the Ethan Suplee casting decision there.
I was joking, but I like the guy and honestly if they did do the rhino I think he'd be a great choice.
Old 07-01-04, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Peter can't concentrate, so he can't shoot the sticky fluid. I get it!
DOCTOR... Does that mean it's catching....

and BTW, can't you just get a prescription for that nowadays.... (webbings which last more than 3 hours may be dangerous, users should seek immediate medical attention).
Old 07-01-04, 01:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

saw it last night and really enjoyed it, but i had some problems with it.

i loved doc oc and the fight scenes. brilliantly done. doc ock looked ****ng amazing. best cgi for a superhero movie i've ever seen. onyl a few shots looked video gameish. i loved how everyone knows who spiderman is at the end. i loved the opening and the ending, but the middle dragged considerable. 15 minutes should have been cut and put on to a directors cut or something. the stuff was important, but too much aunt may. i sorta lost interest. i was hoping she would be killed off in this one.

. i dunno if i liked this one more than the first.

1 question though: the train sequence. people were laughing at this. when they were carrying spiderman down the train when they thought he was dead.it reminded me of a religious scene but i couldn't figure out why? did this happen in passion of the christ or something? i know i saw it in a different movie before.

also, really liked the evil dead style attack sequence at the hospital, but it could have used blood. im sure rami was just itching to throw a few buckets of goo around.
Old 07-01-04, 01:30 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally posted by Mysteryfan
I figured they were going to find out Peter's comic book collection was valuable and that they would get it back and use it to pay off the house.
it didn't go unresolved...she was moving into an apartment. that would usually constitute resolution for an eviction, no?
Old 07-01-04, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Dabaomb

Wait...the character is gay? I really didn't find it funny because of any gay reference.

no what I thought was funny, was that Hal's fictious character from "Queer As Folk" is an avid comic book collector/afficionade.
Yah and I'm sure a lot of the audience is going to get that.
Old 07-01-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
Wait...the character is gay? I really didn't find it funny because of any gay reference.

Yah and I'm sure a lot of the audience is going to get that.
it was funny from the start cuz Spiderman with all of his super powers had to take the elevator and then engage in small talk with some random stranger.

to a lot of straight guys, being alone in an elevator with a gay guy can be even more awkward due to homophobia.

The dialogue was hilarious. "Great Spiderman costume." "How's it fit?" "Oh, it's a little uncomfortable, plus it rides up, and it hurts the groin."

My initial post was not intended to offend anyone.
Old 07-01-04, 02:01 PM
Banned

it was funny from the start cuz Spiderman with all of his
super powers had to take the elevator and then engage in small talk with some random stranger.
Agreed. That's the only reason why i found it funny.

to a lot of straight guys, being alone in an elevator with a gay guy can be even more awkward due to homophobia.
Umm...yah...but I'm at a loss as to who the gay guy is. Are we to assume it's Hal simply because he's dressed well and walking a dog? Or because his character is gay on QAF?

My initial post was not intended to offend anyone.
LOL no i know it wasn't. i guess I just am analyzing this too much. I just didn't find anything gay about that scene at all and I'm constantly accused of doing so.
Old 07-01-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by whynotsmile
1 question though: the train sequence. people were laughing at this. when they were carrying spiderman down the train when they thought he was dead.it reminded me of a religious scene but i couldn't figure out why? did this happen in passion of the christ or something? i know i saw it in a different movie before.

The crowd I watched it with was laughing because they thought it look like a mosh pit and Spidey was jumping into it.
Old 07-01-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping that Spider Man losing his powers was setting up a future movie where his powers go haywire.
I think it will definately be Green Goblin in 3. Didn't the cast just sign up to do 3 movies?
Great movie. I enjoyed but I did think way to many folks found who Spider Man was. I didn't mind MJ and even Aunt May was hinting she knows but not the subway and Doc Ock.
Old 07-01-04, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Did anyone catch the line in the beginning from Tobey to Kirsten "Are you still in the Village?" Is that a refrence to Kirsten dropping out of M. Night Shamalan's The Village to be in Spiderman 3?
I'm pretty sure he was asking her if she still lived in the Village... aka Greenwich Village in Manhattan.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.