Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-Man 2 discussion: Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-Man 2 discussion: Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know, I thought that was who it was... but I never noticed him as having only one arm.

I like the actor that played him, it should be interesting to see him play a villian. (unless they change actors like they did with two face in the batman movies).

So his current professor is the same person that fired him in the first movie for being late?
Old 07-09-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Ted The Bug
Can somebody tell me which character is Dr. Connors?

I keep hearing references that there was Dr. Connors in the movie, and that he had one arm, but I don't remember seeing any characters in the movies with one arm.
Because of the coat he was wearing, it is easy to miss his missing arm if you're not looking for it. I didn't really notice it until he was walking away after talking with Peter the first time. The right sleeve on his jacket is pinned up on the shoulder.
Old 07-09-04, 01:51 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
You know, I thought that was who it was... but I never noticed him as having only one arm.

I like the actor that played him, it should be interesting to see him play a villian. (unless they change actors like they did with two face in the batman movies).

So his current professor is the same person that fired him in the first movie for being late?
Same guy.

He got relatively high billing in the credits, and Raimi knew he'd be making Spider-Man 3 before he cast Spider-Man 2, so my guess is if they use Lizard as the villain for Spider-Man 3, they will keep Dylan Baker in the part (unless he pulls a Marcus Chong).
Old 07-09-04, 02:11 PM
Suspended

Hey.. did anyone notice that everytime Peter Parker says he's busy to Harry Osborne.. Harry responds back saying "busy taking pictures of the bug" or something similar.. too funny.
Old 07-09-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Twice is not "everytime"
Old 07-09-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 373 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally posted by Lara Means
Twice is not "everytime"
How many times did he tell Harry he was busy?
Old 07-09-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Lara Means
Twice is not "everytime"
it is if it's twice out of two times.
Old 07-10-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,862 Likes on 1,150 Posts
Originally posted by badger1997
While I don't remember how it was portrayed in the first movie, in the comic books it was a radioactive spider. Almost everything I have read or seen about Spidey had it a radioactive spider that bit him in the beginning. But then again, I guess they could have changed that for the first movie, I just don't remember.

Right. We have to remember the Radiation/atomic energy was the scary bugaboo back in the 50's and 60's. Today it's genetic engineering.
Old 07-10-04, 12:33 PM
Suspended

Hey.. since I didn't want to start a whole new thread on Spider-man seeing that there's always too many of them so I'll just post it here.

I was just wondering how many sad or sorry Peter Parker moments occurred in Spider-man 2? Can anyone list them all?

Here's my list as far as I can remember in no particular order:

1. Failed to deliver pizza on time after doing his best to get there.
2. Fired from his Pizza job.
3. Dragging his scooter home after it was crushed.
4. Trying to grab the last of the orderves. Happened two times.
5. Trying to grab a drink but was empty.
6. Lost his ability to shoot webs. Happened 4 times I think.
7. Dropped his books and a person stepped on them while he tried to pick them up.
8. Got bumped twice while trying to pick up those books too.
9. Ran out of money when trying to call back to Mary Jane to explain why he wasn't able to make it to see her performance.
10. Saw MJ with John Jameson together. Happened 3 times I think.
11. Saw MJ agreed to marry John Jameson.
12. In his dream he said to Ben that he's Spiderman no more.
13. Saw that he could have helped save a guy who was being robbed in the alley but he didn't.
14. Heard that another kid died in the building on fire which he could have saved.

I know there's a whole lot more I can list but I just ran out time.. gotta head out.

See if anyone can come up with more.
Old 07-10-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
^^ sounds like a new drinking game to me!
Old 07-10-04, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Regurgitator
Hey.. since I didn't want to start a whole new thread on Spider-man seeing that there's always too many of them so I'll just post it here.

Thank you for not starting a new thread.
Old 07-10-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts
Just saw it for a third time this afternoon. Dang it's a good movie.

I think that Alfred Molina might have done the best job of portraying a comic book villain ever, whatever that is worth. Ian McKellan as Magneto is a close second.
Old 07-11-04, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Took my wife and my mom this afternoon - they both liked it quite a bit and neither are really fans of the superhero genre.

It definitely holds up to repeated viewings, imo.
Old 07-11-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it earlier today. I was surpisingly dissapointed. I prefer the first one. The heavy handed dialogue was pretty annoying and it came often. I understood what the filmmakers were going for, but it didn't work for this film. Let's say the handling of scenes of emotion (and there are many here) are not sam raimi's forte.

Loved the operating scene. Best thing about the picture.

**1/2
Old 07-12-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Sunday Morning
Saw it earlier today. I was surpisingly dissapointed. I prefer the first one. The heavy handed dialogue was pretty annoying and it came often. I understood what the filmmakers were going for, but it didn't work for this film. Let's say the handling of scenes of emotion (and there are many here) are not sam raimi's forte.

Loved the operating scene. Best thing about the picture.

**1/2
What movie were you watching?
Old 07-16-04, 08:37 AM

I like the actor that played him, it should be interesting to see him play a villian.
You could say he played a villan in "Happiness." Very disturbing film, to me. I know what you meant, and I agree.

I would like to see Dr. Doom. He was always my favorite villan.
Old 07-16-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hey.. did anyone notice that everytime Peter Parker says he's busy to Harry Osborne.. Harry responds back saying "busy taking pictures of the bug" or something similar.. too funny.
Yeah, that was funny. If by funny, you mean "not really funny at all."
Old 07-16-04, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by duse
You could say he played a villan in "Happiness." Very disturbing film, to me. I know what you meant, and I agree.

I would like to see Dr. Doom. He was always my favorite villan.
He was also more or less a bad guy in Road to Perdition. You will see Dr. Doom, but in the Fantastic Four movie, he's their villain and Fox has his film rights.
Old 07-16-04, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Well, I went to see it again and the ending scene where Spiderman is swinging along with helicopters makes me wonder.

Those helicopters could easily get too close and cut the web he's holding on causing him to fall or even have him fall into the other helicopter's blades.. hmm.. perfect time for Superman to intervene and save him and the helicopter... either that or we see Spiderman's blood splattered all over the place.. good ending for Evil Dead fans.
Old 07-17-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just saw this and have to say it was much better than the first and I really enjoyed that one. Much more emotional, better action scenes, better villain (Molina nailed the part) and better ending. I was glad to see the Doc come around and fight off his demons, so to speak.

Just a quick note, wouldn't Peter have been useless to Doc Ock if he had gotten crushed under that car (VERY likely if he didn't have his Spidey Sense) that he threw through the window of the coffee(?) shop? I could picture Doc lifting up the car to see a squished Peter and MJ under it and going "Oh shit...*** damn it!!!"
Old 07-17-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Lol, yeah i thought the same thing about the car through the window. I guess he didn't mean to throw it so far.
Old 07-18-04, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,862 Likes on 1,150 Posts
I just read this woman's short review of Spiderman 2 and her dislike of the film focused on Peter's loss of abilities. Another friend of mine who's a hardcore comic collector said that the same thing has happened to Peter in the comic book over the years and he thought the moive was great.

I don't understand why people can't deal with what happened to Peter. It makes sense.
Old 07-29-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just wondering how many sad or sorry Peter Parker moments occurred in Spider-man 2? Can anyone list them all?

Here's my list as far as I can remember in no particular order:

1. Failed to deliver pizza on time after doing his best to get there.
2. Fired from his Pizza job.
3. Dragging his scooter home after it was crushed.
4. Trying to grab the last of the orderves. Happened two times.
5. Trying to grab a drink but was empty.
6. Lost his ability to shoot webs. Happened 4 times I think.
7. Dropped his books and a person stepped on them while he tried to pick them up.
8. Got bumped twice while trying to pick up those books too.
9. Ran out of money when trying to call back to Mary Jane to explain why he wasn't able to make it to see her performance.
10. Saw MJ with John Jameson together. Happened 3 times I think.
11. Saw MJ agreed to marry John Jameson.
12. In his dream he said to Ben that he's Spiderman no more.
13. Saw that he could have helped save a guy who was being robbed in the alley but he didn't.
14. Heard that another kid died in the building on fire which he could have saved.

I know there's a whole lot more I can list but I just ran out time.. gotta head out.

What about when he quit being Spider-man to smoke pot and go on tour with Lenny Kravitz?
Old 07-30-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it but what turned me off was the idea of a superhero with a mask is that no one is to know who he is but in this movies, everyone knows.
Old 07-30-04, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In the comics just about everyone knows who Spider-Man is. Daredevil, Aunt May, Mary Jane, The Green Goblin (1 and 2), Professor X, Venom, even X-Man Nathan Summers. It's not exactly the most exclusive club.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.