Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

New Star Wars OT DVD pics!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

New Star Wars OT DVD pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
Didnt David Prowse say on the radio or some TV show that they did make changes???
Didn't Lucas deliberatly feed Prowse wrong information at the time of ESB because he's a giant blabbermouth? Couldn't that be the case here too?
Old 06-15-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The fact that there have been some additional changes is no secret.
Old 06-15-04, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I think these shots were dismissed as phony several months ago on the JediCouncil.
Old 06-15-04, 06:46 PM

I think these shots were dismissed as phony several months ago on the JediCouncil.
Those were different shots. There was a previous Emperor pic making the rounds not too long ago that was somewhat similar to the one I posted, but was different. The ROTJ pic is brand new.

http://members.home.nl/heerese/esb.jpg

However, Digital Bits claims it's legit. I'm still skeptical.
Old 06-15-04, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Terrell
The fact that there have been some additional changes is no secret.
No secret to people who believe everything they hear on a message board. No one of any authority who knows anything about the addition or alteration of scenes has said anything about it one way or the other.

The fact that David Prowse said something on a radio show and people are believeing it is the most laughable thing in this whole charade. Most any Star Wars nerds on this board know more about Star Wars than David Prowse. He doesn't keep remotely as up to date as all the superfans out there who moniter Force.net and Jedicouncil.com on an hourly basis. He's about as close to the "inside" of Lucasfilm as I am.

As Princess Amidala would say, in one of her cringe worthy lines, "We live in the real world. Come back to it."

Last edited by Pants; 06-16-04 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-15-04, 06:56 PM

Pants, do you honestly believe there have been no changes to these films? There have been changes. Steve Sansweet at a convention stated that the films being released on DVD are the films as Lucas sees them today, meaning more changes. Plus all of the other stuff we've seen and heard, also confirm this. Ron Epstein of HTF and Bill Hunt of the Digital Bits also note that there have been more changes, and quite a few of them. Epstein will pretty much confirm this when he attends the Lucasfilm Star Wars trilogy DVD press event in Las Vegas this weekend.

It doesn't take hard confirmation to know that more changes have been made. It only takes confirmation as to what those changes exactly are.

Even if we've heard nothing, this is George Lucas we're talking about. There will be more changes, and perhaps quite a few of them.

The fact that David Prowse said something on a radio show and people are believeing it is the most laughable thing in this whole charade.
Which is why I didn't even mention him claiming more changes have been made. The guy has no contact with Lucas or Star Wars anymore, other than conventions. He's certainly not in the know.

No one of any authority who knows anything about the addition or alteration of scenes has said anything about it one way or the other.
Nor did I say they did. I only said it's no secret that there have been more changes, and it's not.
Old 06-15-04, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, can anyone tell me what's wrong with the ROTJ battle scene?
Old 06-16-04, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Playitagainsam
OK, can anyone tell me what's wrong with the ROTJ battle scene?
I can't figure out what is different with either picture. Frankly I am confused about the uproar here since any change must be fairly minor.
Old 06-16-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like CGI fighters? Perhaps the cruiser is CGI. Perhaps a few more Ties
Old 06-16-04, 09:39 AM

Pants, do you honestly believe there have been no changes to these films? There have been changes. Steve Sansweet at a convention stated that the films being released on DVD are the films as Lucas sees them today, meaning more changes.

That was taken out of context. What he was talking about was that the SPECIAL EDITION is what Lucas deems complete, and not the originals.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 06-16-04 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-16-04, 11:20 AM

That was taken out of context.
Perhaps I read his post wrong.
Old 06-16-04, 12:17 PM
Banned

Steve Sansweet's comments are so deliberately ambiguous that to read anything absolute into them is foolish. He said, "The films will be released the way George Lucas sees them today." This could mean that it's the 1997 Special Edition, it could mean more changes, it could mean undoing some of the changes from '97. It could mean anything.

These DVD's may very well end up having changes, but to insist there will be because of some very ambiguous statement is rediculous.
Old 06-16-04, 12:34 PM

These DVD's may very well end up having changes
There will be more changes. Bank on it. Even Lucasfilm VP Jim Ward has hinted at further changes. Are we going to dismiss his statements now.

If you're waiting on official confirmation, keep waiting. Lucas could make a thousand changes to these films, and he's never going to advertise it. You're never going to know of any changes until the DVDs are in your hands. Unless Lucas decides to put up an announcement on the official site. Fat chance. That's just the way Lucasfilm is. They didn't advertise any changes in the Episode I and II DVDs. But they were there. They didn't advertise the change in the American Graffiti DVD. But it's there. Same goes with THX-1138. The only reason we know there are changes is because a Warner Bros. spokesperson stated it would be a director's cut of the film on DVD.

Steve Sansweet's comments are so deliberately ambiguous that to read anything absolute into them is foolish.
This is Lucasfilm here. Those are exactly the kinds of statements you do read things into.

Last edited by Terrell; 06-16-04 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 12:38 PM
Banned

You're never going to know of any changes until the DVDs are in your hands.
I'm glad we agree.
Old 06-16-04, 03:33 PM

They didn't advertise any changes in the Episode I and II DVDs. But they were there.

I didn't know they made changes to these two for the DVD. What are the changes?
Old 06-16-04, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kcbrett5
I didn't know they made changes to these two for the DVD. What are the changes?
Ep. I had significant changes: A longer pod race and an added scene when they arive on Coruscant.

Ep. II added some very small things: Slight alteration of Jango Fett's death and an additional shot of Anakin's mettle arm
Old 06-16-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Pants

Ep. II added some very small things: Slight alteration of Jango Fett's death and an additional shot of Anakin's mettle arm
The Anakin confession was made a bit longer at the very end. With Padme and Ani doing that terrible exchange "to be angry...." and "im a jedi..."

The shot of Jango's head flying off is different.

A clone trooper runs over to Padme near the end of the movie when she falls out the flying ship. The trooper asks her if shes alright and Padme's reply is now a more realistic "uh... huh" instead of "YES" which got big laughs in theaters because it was pathetic. If you have a big enough tv or some kinda zoom feature then you can still see Padme's lips say "yes"

There is no additional shot of Anakin's metal arm. The shot was completely changed. Before it was just the camera at anakin's robotic hand and he doesnt touch Padme at all and then the camera pans up. Now Anakin's hand touches Padman's hand as it goes up.

of course, if you saw the Episode 2 in a DLP digital theater then the changes I listed above were already in the final version you saw. I saw the movie in just a regular film theater.

Last edited by Lara Means; 06-16-04 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: New Star Wars OT DVD pics!!!

WHICH ONES THE REAL DVD EMPEROR?!?!?

Old 06-16-04, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The bottom picture. That has to be the most evil thing in the Star Wars universe.
Old 06-17-04, 12:53 AM

Old 06-17-04, 04:00 PM

Is that Howard the Duck in a cloak?
Old 06-17-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its Jar Jar..