Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fahrenheit 9/11 trailer out!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Fahrenheit 9/11 trailer out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-04, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Binger
So you want us to stop talking politics in relation to a political film?
It is going beyond "relation" to the film. This thread is for discussion of the film and the trailer. There are several thousand Micheal Moore is an asshat/genius threads in the otter if you want to talk politics.
Old 06-04-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Screenshots:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/special/...creenshots.php
Old 06-04-04, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki
It is going beyond "relation" to the film. This thread is for discussion of the film and the trailer. There are several thousand Micheal Moore is an asshat/genius threads in the otter if you want to talk politics.
But the problem is that to discuss the film/trailer is to discuss politics. There are no special effects, no plot and no actors. The only thing to discuss about the trailer are the clips that included. Clips that are political in nature. The trailer is one self serving political propoganda piece and I think that discussion of politics is very appropriate when discussing this project. It is, after all, a political propoganda piece.
Old 06-04-04, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
What's the music they play in the preview? I really like it!
Old 06-04-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope Michael Moore's next film is about the evil cigarette companies raking in huge profits at the expense of peoples' lives. Or wait, maybe a story about those poor urban kids who can't get into college because of their grades...or is it because they are..."urban"?
Old 06-04-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by wmansir
Perhaps he is refering to Moore himself?
Old 06-04-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
I hope Michael Moore's next film is about the evil cigarette companies raking in huge profits at the expense of peoples' lives. Or wait, maybe a story about those poor urban kids who can't get into college because of their grades...or is it because they are..."urban"?
His next film is about how evil the American healthcare system is. Its called Sicko. Im dead serious.
Old 06-04-04, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jam Master Jay
I'm getting 404 errors on the Quicktime and WMP versions, seems to not be there anymore.
It's a vast right-wing conspiracy!
Old 06-04-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

looks great
Old 06-04-04, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
Maybe we'll get lucky and his next film will be about suicide and at the end he will take the plunge for his art.
Old 06-04-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think I'll wait for the DVD. I consider myself an average person (politically speaking), although I guess my views lean more to the right. I wasn't offended at all by what I saw in the clip. I also can't understand why anyone would listen to what this guy has to say, seeing him drive around the White House in his truck ranting on the bullhorn, and employing obvious sabotage attacks on politicians- he looks like a lunatic!
Old 06-04-04, 11:37 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Maybe we'll get lucky and his next film will be about suicide and at the end he will take the plunge for his art.
Wow. Just wow. "I don't agree with Moore's views, and I want him to DIE." Scary stuff...and I thought the poster who said Moore was going to Hell was extreme.
Old 06-05-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by johnglass
I think I'll wait for the DVD. I consider myself an average person (politically speaking), although I guess my views lean more to the right. I wasn't offended at all by what I saw in the clip. I also can't understand why anyone would listen to what this guy has to say, seeing him drive around the White House in his truck ranting on the bullhorn, and employing obvious sabotage attacks on politicians- he looks like a lunatic!
I feel the exact same way. I didn't find anything offensive in the trailer, found to be even funny at times "We don't even read the bills" but anytime these activists start doing nutty things like Moore ranting on the bullhorn or those crazy kids and those truth commericals, it just totally puts me off. Can't you act normal and make a point at the same time?
Old 06-05-04, 03:11 AM

Can't you act normal and make a point at the same time?
Not usually if you want people to take notice.
Old 06-05-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Again, trailer music at the end?
Old 06-05-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Why is Moore even being criticized for the editing in the trailer? Did he edit the trailer himself? Isn't that usually the job of other people?
Old 06-05-04, 12:39 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Generally, trailers are not edited by the filmmaker...or even approved by them! Occasionally, however, the filmmaker will get involved to some degree. I don't know which was the case with Fahrenheit 9/11.
Old 06-05-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Again, trailer music at the end?
Just a guess, but it sounded to me like I'd Love to Change the World by Ten Years After?
Old 06-05-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You know, it's always nice when somebody says something like this. First because it reminds me of how small some people can be and secondly because it means there is one less opinion out there I have to consider.

I mean, I can understand not liking a person and hating the viewpoints they have, but wishing they would kill themselves because you don't like them? You really need to switch to decaff my friend.
Old 06-05-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As for Bush's line in the trailer, it seemed fine to me. It was obviously something he said in jest (if Moore had wanted it to seem serious he could have easily had the laughing in reaction taken out), but something that many people feel is actually true of the president. Until we see how it is used in the actual movie (which I know some of you would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to, so I know that's not going to happen) we should reserve judgment as to how Moore is using the clip.

The thing about Moore that I really find interesting is how his movies have that tendency to cause people to make up their minds about the movie and decide what they are trying to say without even seeing them. I've heard enough people rip on Bowling for Columbine for being "anti-gun" and for gun control and whenever I hear or read that, I know I am in the presence of someone who hasn't even actually seen the movie.
Old 06-06-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
I did notice he made a few changes to the trailer. Additional logos at the begining, and I don't remember him having subtitles on the shot of the Saudi through the chain link fence.

I double checked, the titles are only on the new Windows version. Have at it MM bashers. HE CHANGED THE TRAILER, LIES
Old 06-06-04, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'm there
Old 06-22-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait!
Old 06-22-04, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by majorjoe23
"Jake Gyllenhall is a fat lefty zealot who blows goats."
Has this been confirmed or is this just another one of Moore's allegations?
Old 06-22-04, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Wow. Just wow. "I don't agree with Moore's views, and I want him to DIE." Scary stuff...and I thought the poster who said Moore was going to Hell was extreme.
There is no hell. Its like saying "Go to Krypton". It has no meaning. Hell is nothing more than a vulgar fiction invented by religious zealots to scare the population into acting moral and donating more money to the church to save your soul.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.