Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

(Good?) News about NEW Superman Movie

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

(Good?) News about NEW Superman Movie

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-04, 10:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
The guy came from that background. Sure, many directors can bend what they know and do something completely different. But the only things this man has done is MTV style editing. Hell, he is the king of that format.
No. Michael Bay is the (evil) king. McG is more the cousin.
Old 06-01-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Who the hell cares?

They already made the definitive SUPERMAN movie back in 1978.

Been there, done that.

No one will do it better than Donner, John Williams, and Chris Reeve, so don't even try.

I know Hollywood is bankrupt with ideas (remakes of Bad News Bears? A FOURTH Exorcist movie? a Pink Panther remake without Peter Sellers?) but please. Leave some things alone.
Old 06-02-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
Yeah, i dont really consider this any real news. You have a link or a source for this confirmation? I didn't notice anything on superherohype which is usually on the ball for these things.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808406108

5/24/04 - Three months later, Warner Bros. has announced two of the companies that will be involved with the special effects and costume design, with production planned for this fall, and McG and Abrams both firmly aboard.

Also, I heard on the radio this morning that [FLAMESUIT]The Star magazine has published that Jake Gyllenhaal will likely be cast as Supe. [/FLAMESUIT] Ok, I realize it's The Star, but I've heard that rumor before. I think Jake's a good-enough actor, but I thought Superman was supposed to be tall and ripped. I'm thinking Vin Diesel . I mean, the guy shows his range in movies like xXx, Fast & Furious, A Man Apart, etc.

Last edited by modfather; 06-02-04 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-02-04, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jeffkjoe
Who the hell cares?

They already made the definitive SUPERMAN movie back in 1978.

Been there, done that.

No one will do it better than Donner, John Williams, and Chris Reeve, so don't even try.
Couldn't agree more. Reeve was perfectly cast and the movie is a classic. They'll f*** this movie up. It's a lock. And for anyone who throws out "How can you say that? It's not even begun filming?!?", I have two words for you: "Cat" and "Woman".
Old 06-02-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I don't understand with Superman or any DC film...WHY DON"T THEY BRING IN A DC comic writer to help write the film!?!?! Jeph Loeb!?!?! I just don't get it! Have a writing team (comic&film) which would balance the films story.
Old 06-02-04, 02:40 PM
Banned

this movies gonna suck...I'll just stick with the real Superman:

Old 06-02-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Well i can think of at least 2 reasons why this movie could be better then the first Superman movie.... no Otis, and no cop out ending.
Old 06-02-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
Well i can think of at least 2 reasons why this movie could be better then the first Superman movie.... no Otis, and no cop out ending.
Although I can understand both of your points, the cop-out ending never really bothered me. But again, I'd agree with at least the ending issues (Otis was the hired-help-comedy-relief guy).

But I can think of at least 20 reasons why the new movie will suck.
Old 06-02-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Given the history of this project, tracing all the way back to when Kevin Smith was writing the script and Tim Burton was supposed to direct, I would not get my hopes up to see this thing go into anything but limbo for several more years.