Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Devil's Rejects -- d: Rob Zombie -- sequel to House of 1000 Corpses

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-29-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

I like the premise and how it won't be a totally separate film from House:

The unthinkable horror and chaos continues a few weeks after the events depicted in House of 1000 Corpses, as this film's focus shifts to a conflict between the various evil family members of the first movie and a new set of murderous loonies, in a blood-soaked road movie that leaves that 'House' with all its corpses. With two gangs of bloodthirsty bodily mutilation enthusiasts set loose at each other's necks, who will emerge victorious? The conflict starts when the 'house of 1000 corpses' is raided by a S.W.A.T. team, where the events of the first film are discovered in all of their shocking horror... As the maniacs the media dubs "The Devil's Rejects" flee the scene of the many, many crimes as their house burns down, they take off on a bloody road trip...

I personally can't wait and for those of you who despised House of 1000 Corpses.......this thread's for you.
Old 05-29-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
HOUSE was a real let down for me. In fact, I hated it. But some of the casting and this synopsis you posted for TDR makes me want to give Rob Z's movies another try. However, I'll probably wait till it's on dvd.
Old 05-29-04, 10:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm a little surprised. Wasn't the first film a huge failure (due in part to problems getting distribution)? Is this going to be straight to video or are they trying for another theatrical release? Is Rob Zombie still involved? What is the source of the original information?
Old 05-29-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
He must have made at least a little money on House if he is making a new movie.

I passed on House and will wait for the future Trilogy Box Set.

I wonder what the Bookends will look like
Old 05-29-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The Devil's Rejects -- d: Rob Zombie -- sequel to House of 1000 Corpses

Originally posted by Rival11
I personally can't wait and for those of you who despised House of 1000 Corpses.......this thread's for you.
Is that supposed to mean only good movies get sequels or something? Because we all know that isn't the case.
Old 05-29-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

First, some links:

Devil's Rejects

From upcoming horror movies

Groucho - No, this film is suppose to hit theaters.

Corvin - I was just being a smart ass

upcoming horror movies has the most info for this movie so far. I got the original premise from yahoo movies....sorry, I should have mentioned that.
Old 05-30-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked House of 100 Corpses and thought it was much better the 2nd time around (one I knew what I was getting into) and I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan. I'll be there opening day (thats if any theatre around here plays the damn thing.. unlike House which I had to wait for the DVD)
Old 07-04-04, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here's a nice interview from Creature Corner, a funny note is that Eli Roth (director of Cabin Fever) visits the set:

http://www.creature-corner.com/inter..._rejects1.php3

Looks like the release date has been pushed out a little futher as well but what has me really pumped up is how brutal the movie is suppose to be - please note that there are some spoilers (and a few on set pics).
Old 07-04-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
So we might be getting a horror movie with no good guys? Interesting.
Old 07-04-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first one was good enough to get me interested in this one. And the premise sounds really cool.
Old 07-04-04, 07:29 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
House... was a letdown for me as well, but I too will give him another shot.
Old 07-04-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked House more the second and third time around. RZ made the first film for about 7-8 million and it made more than that in theatres so it was no problem for him to get another film financed. Maybe we will finally get that uncut House when Devils Rejects hits theatres or DVD.
Old 07-04-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
So we might be getting a horror movie with no good guys? Interesting.
Definitely, gotta say that point has me very interested as well.
Old 07-04-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rival11
Definitely, gotta say that point has me very interested as well.

I hope it's true. I have always wanted to see horror movie from the villains' point of view, and one in which it will be "pure evil vs. just as, if not worse evil" fascinates me. And hey, if Sheri Moon shakes her rump and runs around nekkid again, that won't hurt!
Old 07-05-04, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I hope it's true. I have always wanted to see horror movie from the villains' point of view, and one in which it will be "pure evil vs. just as, if not worse evil" fascinates me. And hey, if Sheri Moon shakes her rump and runs around nekkid again, that won't hurt!
From the interview that's what it sounds like especailly with the hotel scene he mentioned.

Ha, yeah - It should be required that Sherri Moon makes us all drool again
Old 07-06-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't wait for this!

Loved the original and will be there opening night...at midnight I hope,just like the original
Old 07-06-04, 12:47 PM

I really tried to like the first one. I did. Watched it at the theater and rented it on DVD. I just couldn't get into it.

That said, I will see the 2nd one if Captain Spaulding is back and they do more with his character. He stole the show when he was onscreen. I haven't gone to any of the links yet to see if he is back or not so forgive me if this is known.

Another reason I won't mind watching the 2nd one is that I hope (and count on) that Zombie has learned some lessons and will be a better director. :Fingers crossed:
Old 07-06-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,111 Likes on 1,450 Posts
I really liked the first two thirds of House.., but the final third just kind of fell apart for me. I agree that Sid Haig as Capt Spaulding was the best part of the film, he was great, and if his character has a bigger part in the sequel, I would definitely want to see it.
Old 07-07-04, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I really disliked the first film. For me there was a definite attempt to shock the viewer rather than engage him/her with suspense. But at the same time I think this might have been what the director intended.....a movie that is totally split in two. You either love it or hate it.

But I have to say....a movie with no good guys is something I might have to see....when it comes out in the 2nd run theatres anyhow.
Old 07-19-04, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder why they got Leslie Easterbrook to play Mother Firefly instead of bringing Karen Black back.

Should be interesting anyway.
Old 07-19-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts
as others have said, I hope that with the sequel coming out, maybe a studio will give a shot at the uncut version of House of 1000 Corpses.

I also really tried to like the first one, I really liked the first 20-30 minutes, then it just kind of went in all directions near the middle/end.
Old 07-19-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the set pics from The Devil's Rejects (sequel to House of 1000 Corpses).

Director Rob Zombie with co-stars Diamond Dallas Page & Danny Trejo

Rob Zombie & Dr. Satan

Leslie Easterbrook (Mother Firefly) mugshot

Sid Haig & Diamond Dallas Page

Bill Mosley, Sid Haig & Sheri Moon

Cast photo

Last edited by mikewendt; 07-19-04 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-14-04, 06:40 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

The Devil's Rejects (House of 1000 Corpses 2) -- Rob Zombie

From my Comic-Con coverage:

Outside, there's a poster of a gal running in a bloodied flannel shirt, arms flailing, with someone else's fillet'd face lashed to her noggin. Inside, in the darkest corner of the hall, a disco's worth of fan flashbulbs capture a preamble photo op by the cast of The Devil's Rejects.

Filming wrapped barely two weeks ago on writer/director Rob Zombie's psychos-on-the-lamb sequel to House of 1000 Corpses but the gang's all here: Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding), Bill Moseley (Otis Driftwood), Sheri Moon (Baby Firefly) and, replacing Karen Black as Mother Firefly, is Police Academy veteran Leslie Easterbrook as we've never seen her before. Zombie also introduces the fresh meat: Dawn of the Dead legend Ken Foree as Charlie Altamont -- pimp daddy of a wild-west "whore ranch," Deborah Van Valkenburgh as his limberest filly and Mr. Show goofball Brian Posehn as a not-long-for-this-world Jimmy Cracker.

Without further ado, a teaser trailer rolls featuring Spaulding doing a slow-mo strut down a desert road flanked by Baby and Otis with the Alman Brother's "Midnight Rider" swelling behind 'em. Zombie apologizes, "It doesn't show much!," however the spaghetti western look does give an excellent indication of just how different this sequel will be:

• Zombie's watch words: "Darker, more serious. Realism."

• MPAA will be a problem: Intense violence, chicken effin'.

• Rough cut runs 3 hours: Anticipate deleted scenes.

• Documentary crew followed entire production.

• Expected in theaters January or February 2005.

• Sid has a socks-on "f@#% scene" with Ginger Lynn.

• Yes, Baby does the laugh again -- ONCE!

• Poshen, a diehard horror fan, "felt like a Make a Wish kid."

• Biggest FX hurdle: "Keeping enough blood on hand."

• Dr. Satan footage was filmed, uncertain if it'll be included.

• There will not be a third installment.

• Key to Haig's even edgier Spaulding: "I just let the natural ******* in me come out!"

• Moseley, intensely "bummed out" by repeated takes of a sadistic sex scene, was told by Zombie: "Art is not safe."

• Other stars: Michael Berryman, Danny Trejo, E.G. Daily and William Forsythe as the vengeful Sheriff John Wydell.

• Zombie thinks he's "contractually obligated" to revisit the House DVD, yet, "Going back to reedit that movie seems like a nightmare to me. ... It's like going back and retaking your high school yearbook photo again because you think you might look cooler now."
Old 08-14-04, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds excellent and I am dieing to see this film!

I just hope to hell Lions Gate does not **** this up when it hits dvd. No R version only please,release it intact & uncut if it runs into trouble with the MPAA!

Since as evidenced in the cutting of Saw. What is the point of making/releasing a dark grisly disturbing horror film and cutting the hell out of it..and notreleasing the uncut version on dvd?

So I hope we don't have to wait and wait & wait for an uncut versionif the MPAA is a bitch on the film.
Old 08-14-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This movie does interest me, if nothing else for the fact that the main characters are all evil.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.